“Great hotel and staff. Great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aqua Beach Resort
5501 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #42 of 74 hotels in Wildwood Crest
Highland Lakes
“Great hotel and staff. Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the aqua beach in August and had the best time. The staff friendly and efficient. Room was beautiful and updated. The sun deck and hot tub was a real bonus. Very family friendly hotel. Great location to the boardwalk.

• Stayed August 2013

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Laurence Harbor, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel was close to all activities and dining. Rooftop cabana a plus. Large jacuzzi with gas grills available. The room had a stove top . Plates, cups, bowls, and silverware was provided. We were missing a hair dryer in room. It was installed within ten minutes of calling the front desk.

John D

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed in a Largo room with family of 4. Love the tile floor, flat screen tv, king size bed, full size fridge and Ocean View. Clean & No Musty smell. This hotel has a great heated pool and pool area has very nice shaded area under tents set up with tables and chairs. It also has fans and 2 bbq's to use .
Another nice feature in ths hotel is that 5th floor has a very relaxing roof top with hanging hammocks, chair hammocks, tables and chairs and swing chairs.
(Disappointing that this area closes way too early either 10pm or 11 pm. it should be open all night or at least to 1 am)
The staff which I interacted with was Dana and Marc who I found to be very friendly and accommodating. Also, I cannot forget our Housekeeping staff was excellent!!!!!
Great stay for a family & friends close to all. This vacation goes way too fast.

Room Tip: Largo rooms were renovated about 3 yrs ago and they are still in good shape.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rooms were not what the pictures show. Unless you are staying in a suite wouldn't recommend this hotel! Kitchenette was a stove top with 2 burners and a microwave. Oceanfront room- we couldn't even sit on the balcony. The staff was average; not overly helpful. Have stayed at other hotels, but due to online pictures thought we would try this one.. We would not stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Room not ready on time. Staff friendly. Room was clean just old & run-down, musty/beach smell, air conditioner smelled. But for the amount of time we spent in the room (sleep & shower) it was ok. Great location! Didnt use pool / jacuzzi area. NO internet service as advertised, only in "common" areas, which we couldn't find!! Best kept secret is the cafe on the 1st floor- The Bagel Time Cafe. It is definitely a hidden treasure. Excellent food / breakfast. Very reasonably priced. Great staff. The best coffee!

• Stayed July 2013
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed 1 Sat night at the Aqua Beach and was presently surprised. Most of the hotels in Wildwood are dated, old, dirty, and smelly, so it is hard to find a place that is not…until now. It was 2 adults, 1 child and we had the Largo room, which was beachfront, room 221. When we arrived the lobby was clean and the staff was nice. It gave me the feeling of a ‘Caribbean’ resort. The hotel had a heated pool, kiddie pool and hot tub. It also had grills. It was less then a block from the boardwalk and beachfront. From the outside, I wasn’t sure how the rooms were going to look and I wasn’t sure that our room would represent the photo we saw on their website. However, when we arrived to the room, it was clean, no smell and the bathroom was very clean, big and modern. The mahogany 4 poster king-size bed was a beautiful touch. It was like I was at a Sandals resort in the Caribbean. The air conditioner was cold and quiet. I had one of my best nights sleep there. My child slept on the pull out sofa with no issues. There was a kitchenette in the room, but we only used the microwave. There weren’t any flies around the sink, like you see at other hotels.

Yes, there were some rowdy people at the pool, but that’s expected because it is WILDwood; nonetheless, I did not have any trouble sleeping at 11:00PM. Oh, there is a fitness center and a shower/bathroom connected to it, so you could stay after check-out, wash up and go home.

As for the price, yes, it is a bit pricey, but it's summertime and those other dumpy hotels are even more money. I was happy I could find a place without bugs, flies and clean. And a bed I can fall asleep in.

My brother had a bigger family, so he stayed at the Condos across the street. They were really nice and had 2 heated pools, 2 hot tubs and 2 kiddie pools. They also had grills. Their accommodations came with all the amentities, as well. There was no need to pack linens or toilet paper. There condo’s had a full kitchen, nice decor and balcony.

This is by far, the nicest hotel in Wildwood crest. I would stay here again without reservations.

Room Tip: The Largo rooms face the beach. Really nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wildwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family & i have been staying at Aqua Beach for the last 4 years. We have always stayed in the Largo room. Very spacious with a King size bed and a pull out couch which my teenage Son complained last year about the mattress which was not a mattress but all springs (very uncomfortable. This year we decided to try the Janias room which you will not see pictures in there brochure (red flag) base on my request, i wanted a room with 2 queen sz bed. The representative that took my reservation over the phone told me that the janais room was the only rooms that offered queen sz beds. WELL BIG FAT LIE!! there were full sz beds. My Husband complained and we were told that they do not offer any room with queen sz mattresses. We felt ripped off and deceived by Aqua Beach Management. We also notice this year that they had many, many rooms that were vacant compared to last years. So many vacant rooms! JUST SAID IT ALL ABOUT HOW OTHER PEOPLE MAY BE FEELING ABOUT THIS HOTEL, For what we $$$ for 5 night stay, we will save a little more cash and rent a house or condo.

Room Tip: Largo room for couples
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!