“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aqua Beach Resort
You added Aqua Beach Resort to your Saves list
5501 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #43 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New Jersey
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed 1 Sat night at the Aqua Beach and was presently surprised. Most of the hotels in Wildwood are dated, old, dirty, and smelly, so it is hard to find a place that is not…until now. It was 2 adults, 1 child and we had the Largo room, which was beachfront, room 221. When we arrived the lobby was clean and the staff was nice. It gave me the feeling of a ‘Caribbean’ resort. The hotel had a heated pool, kiddie pool and hot tub. It also had grills. It was less then a block from the boardwalk and beachfront. From the outside, I wasn’t sure how the rooms were going to look and I wasn’t sure that our room would represent the photo we saw on their website. However, when we arrived to the room, it was clean, no smell and the bathroom was very clean, big and modern. The mahogany 4 poster king-size bed was a beautiful touch. It was like I was at a Sandals resort in the Caribbean. The air conditioner was cold and quiet. I had one of my best nights sleep there. My child slept on the pull out sofa with no issues. There was a kitchenette in the room, but we only used the microwave. There weren’t any flies around the sink, like you see at other hotels.

Yes, there were some rowdy people at the pool, but that’s expected because it is WILDwood; nonetheless, I did not have any trouble sleeping at 11:00PM. Oh, there is a fitness center and a shower/bathroom connected to it, so you could stay after check-out, wash up and go home.

As for the price, yes, it is a bit pricey, but it's summertime and those other dumpy hotels are even more money. I was happy I could find a place without bugs, flies and clean. And a bed I can fall asleep in.

My brother had a bigger family, so he stayed at the Condos across the street. They were really nice and had 2 heated pools, 2 hot tubs and 2 kiddie pools. They also had grills. Their accommodations came with all the amentities, as well. There was no need to pack linens or toilet paper. There condo’s had a full kitchen, nice decor and balcony.

This is by far, the nicest hotel in Wildwood crest. I would stay here again without reservations.

Room Tip: The Largo rooms face the beach. Really nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Wildwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family & i have been staying at Aqua Beach for the last 4 years. We have always stayed in the Largo room. Very spacious with a King size bed and a pull out couch which my teenage Son complained last year about the mattress which was not a mattress but all springs (very uncomfortable. This year we decided to try the Janias room which you will not see pictures in there brochure (red flag) base on my request, i wanted a room with 2 queen sz bed. The representative that took my reservation over the phone told me that the janais room was the only rooms that offered queen sz beds. WELL BIG FAT LIE!! there were full sz beds. My Husband complained and we were told that they do not offer any room with queen sz mattresses. We felt ripped off and deceived by Aqua Beach Management. We also notice this year that they had many, many rooms that were vacant compared to last years. So many vacant rooms! JUST SAID IT ALL ABOUT HOW OTHER PEOPLE MAY BE FEELING ABOUT THIS HOTEL, For what we $$$ for 5 night stay, we will save a little more cash and rent a house or condo.

Room Tip: Largo room for couples
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had another good stay at Aquabeach July7-11. This time we had a Cays room. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Check in was a little chaotic but went ok. Only complaint was our room was skipped over for maid service even though we had our sign out; so we had no towels & had to go to the front desk. When we mentioned this to them, they didn't seem to care & just handed us towels. Other than that it was a peaceful, nice fourth trip to Aquabeach. Planning to return in August.

• Stayed July 2013
Matawan, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our second year staying there Fourth of July week. Last year was better. Last year stayed in the largo room and it was great! Nice size room and clean with great view. This year we thought we would stay in a little better room ( so we thought). The Plams room was not worth the extra money. Having a separate bedroom was nice but the rooms seemed much smaller than the layout online. I think square footage wise it did not seem bigger than the Largo. The Palms room layout online is wrong! The closet is in the bedroom, not near the vanity. The vanity are was useless because if the bedroom door was open it blocked the vanity and the door opened right up against the sink so you could not even stand there if the bedroom door was open. They should have installed pocket doors if everything was that close together. The table has 4 chairs not six like the shown online. There is no living room chair either as shown. The kitchen had the bare minimum to get by, no peeler for large cutting knife, we had to ask for a can opener. In the bathroom there was no towel rack for a towel to wash you hands. In the bathroom there were two hooks but you had to close the door to access them. there was towel rack in the vanity sink area either which made it hard for your kids to wash there hands and brush their teeth. since the floor was so dirty i was alway worried the clean towel would fall onto the floor since there was no rack.We stayed in room 504. Yes you have a view of the ocean in this room and out the bedroom door you can see the pool.
Now about the service. If you are accustomed to service you may want to look elsewhere. Are floors in our room were very dirty when we entered the room, it turned our feet black! I called the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do at the time and they woul ask the cleaning staff to clean the tile floor in the morning as I asked. No sorry or anything, they took a more defensive tone. Then the next day not only did they not clean the floors they did even clean our room!! When I called they said there was nothing they could do because the cleaning staff was gone (about 4:30pm). They should have vacuumed and mopped it themselves! again no I am sorry, what can we do. They again took a defensive tone and woul only give us towels and changed our garbage. For playing around $275 a night I expect our room to be cleaned. I do not bring my own mop on vacation but this time I wish I did? They also had a glass table but the cleaning lady did not clean it and I did not think to bring my glass cleaner and there was no cleaner in the room or a sponge. They told me to wash the dishes with a towel. For the $1,200 or so we spent on our four night stay the hotel could have purchased $1 sponges new for each families stay.
At 1:00 am there was people hanging outside there room being very loud. I called the front desk and asked if there was quiet hours. They said " we'll I guess about 12:00". And I said we'll it is 1:00am and you have a bunch of guest that are loud by the pool balconies. And the kid at the desk made a comment like what do you want me to do. I said the are yelling to each other can you please tell them that some families are tring to sleep and keep it down. He could have told them to take their party in their rooms. Again no sorry buy the front desk or even any sound of concern, he actually sounded bothered that he might have to get up and work!
Forget about using the grills. There were about 3 large families there and it seemed they never left the pool area or the grills. I had to cook my ribs in a pan! The hotel should have a sign out time for the grill so all guest get a chance at least once during their stay.
Forget about wifi too. The wifi password they gave me at the front desk did not work and the girl at the front desk said that the wifi might not work on the 5 th floor. I was not offered any alternative and again I felt like I was bothering them to even ask about the wifi. The whole front desk staff needs to have training on customer service or just being Nice. The computers at the hotel by the pool do not work well so expect to have your on computer and own wifi if you stay there.
The 5th floor roof deck is nice and one night we brought our dinner out there and that was one of the best parts of our stay. We got kicked off at 10:00 because they close the area then. Why should they close the public area away from rooms if they are going to allow hanging out and yelling right out side of Someones room. it would have been nice if they put some grills on the 5th floor deck.
There is no coffee in the room, you must bring you own! Most hotels give you coffee enough for 2 cups at least a day. They oly provide a coffee maker. We had to buy our coffee at there cafe!
The room also had some ants! Not a ton but a few coming threw the Huge holes in the sheetrock under the vanity would be an easy fix for the hotel if they really cared. Luckily I brought ziplock bags to put all my food in.
The elevators worked fine and not to long of a wait. That was a huge plus.
The pool was way to hot. It felt like a hot tub. With all the people constantly in the pool and the water being so hot I just kept thinks of all the bacteria breading in there. After a long walk back from the beach it would have been nice to jump in a cooler pool. That pool was anything but refreshing or relaxing. People in the large groups must have woke up at 6:00 am to put towels on the pool lounge chairs because they were all taken in early am without anyone at the pool. The large groups were just rude and the hotel seemed to not care.
There is a bike shop a few feet away that rents bikes for 1 1/2 hour time slots. I think it was called Greens. They were nice there, we brought our own bikes but my husband got a flat and he fixed it there for $20. We chained our bike to the railing on the lower level at the hotel as many people did since there was no bike rack.
The beds at this hotel are comfortable and bedding is clean and it is nicely decorated in the largo and palms rooms. The Largo room has a very large bathroom and it is quieter being away from the pool and other noises rooms.
This hotel could be really great if you do not have large groups there when you go and if they stepped up their cleaning, wifi, and customer service. Also lowering the pool temp, a few other small things and this could really be a awesome place.
For picky people I would say maybe do not prepay like I did and this way you can leave if you don't like it.

Room Tip: For picky people you may not want to prepay and maybe you will have some leverage to get them to acc...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our 5 day stay at the aqua beach. There is not one negative thing I have to say about this hotel. We arrived at 11:00 am and to our surprise our room was ready. We stayed in the "Alexandria" we were very happy with the room. Plenty of room for our family of 6, a full size fridge/freezer that was actually very cold. We had a private balcony in the second half of the room which was really nice. Overall we had no complaints about the aqua beach. Maid service always brought fresh towels,staff was friendly and the room was always clean. We were a bit worried when we read the negative reviews but don't let that stop you. The aqua beach is a great hotel and sits right on the beach. We will definitely be staying here again!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Although it was noisy all day and when people were coming back at 2am. It is a very nice hotel. Staff was friendly. The pool and 5th floor roof hammocks are very nice and comfortable. It was clean and our Bimini room was the perfect size for two. A fridge w a freezer and a microwave. BBQ grills by the pool. It is a great place. The pool being in the center is what makes it nosy. But overall. You don't go to wildwood for a quiet time. So I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Let me start by saying this place is horrible.... Got there and didnt get my room till 4:45... The head of room service told me that they have till 5:00 to get your room ready .. On line it says check in is after 3:00... waited 2 in a half hours for our room to be ready... And we were not the only ones waiting...The lobby was full with people waiting for there room also... I go to my room and take my shoes off to unpack I go to lay on my bed and notice how dirty my feet are...The floor is so dirty that I had to clean it myself...I always bring cleaning stuff with me... Hair in the sink in the bathroom. And I was there for three days and my sheets were never changed....Front desk not friendly and didnt care much about you or your stay...Will I go there again...NOT

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!