“GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILYS CLOSE TO ALL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aqua Beach Resort
You added Aqua Beach Resort to your Saves list
5501 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #43 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Massapequa, New York
“GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILYS CLOSE TO ALL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family, friends, and I continue to stay in this hotel. We have stayed in other hotels in the area, but this one we like the best. It has Friendly Staff, really nice Pool area with canopy's with tables and sometimes they have Live Music. The pool area also has gas grilles to cook if you want. Some rooms have nice tile floor so you dont get that musty smell like other hotels in Wildwood Crest. This hotel also has a roof top with hammocks to relax and it is so nice to go up there at night. Improvements are always being made. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with tile floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Paid 208 a night for....
Broken tv(which they did replace),
Wifi doesn't work,
Bathroom faucet works poorly,
Towel rack hanging by a thread,
Hair in bathtub upon arrival,
Slippery pool steps(numerous people fell including sis with infant...and no staff there to care at a very busy pool.
We stay here every year to be with family and it's always like this. 200 buck should get you a room without foil wrapped around the burners on the stove.

• Stayed July 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family and I have been staying at the Aqua Beach for a number of years mostly when they offer the preseason midweek special.

The facility has been going through some major upgrades as well as improvements on their customer service interaction through the years. I would highly recommend this location if you want a place close to the boardwalk without all the noise, a competative price and revamped rooms and pool.

Room Tip: If you want a little of both worlds, choose the "Palms" room. It has a ocean view balcony...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to the Jersey Shore since a child. I have stayed at numerous motels and I have to say Aqua Beach is the best one that I have stayed at. First, I am a clean freak and dread staying anywhere. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern the rooms are. Second, location, location, location I have parked my car on Sunday and have not moved it since. Property is on the beach and right at the end of the boardwalk. Third, the service and employees are great! I will now be staying for many years to come at the Aqua Beach.

• Stayed July 2012
USTravelers10
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was our family's favorite place to stay in the Wildwoods. Spent many weeks there over several years and always had a blast. I would have been content with regular maintenance and a focus on good upkeep moreso than I am with the major renovations that, quite frankly, I don't find attractive. Instead of the family-friendly fun beach motel that it used to be, it looks like they are trying to make it into some upscale retreat. And that would have been okay, except they took away the best ocean front rooms and made them smaller. Our family used to always stay in what I believe used to be an F1 room. Can't be 100% certain of that number, but it was the type of room that had a pull-out couch, kitchen, and table in the front. The room was divided by a sliding latched divider and in the back portion was what I believe two double or queen beds, a little storage area under the closet rack, the bathroom, and a nice additional sink area outside of the bathroom so you could put make up on, brush teeth, etc. if somebody was using the bathroom. A terrific layout for a family. Not only did the old style offer way more room than the current ocean front rooms (gave you a separate living area where you didn't feel you were living in the room you slept in), but it also offered really nice privacy if traveling with people other than your family. Additionally, after spending all day with the kids, not to mention all night at the boardwalk with kids, I'd prefer to not have to look at kids at night when I crawl into bed and relax to read a book. I know that Aqua Beach still offers larger private rooms, but now they are only ocean view; not ocean front. What a major bummer and turn off. I feel so strongly about having an ocean front room and privacy from the kids at night that we sadly strayed from our long-time favorite motel and stayed at the Adventurer next door because they offered the exact ocean front room we used to get at Aqua Beach. What a disappointment though. Didn't feel like "home." Not sure where we'll stay from now on.

That is why the minus one star - for lack of family-friendly ocean front rooms. I think by going so upscale with the furniture, etc., they will continue to unfortunately get more and more poor reviews because people are going to expect the Hilton resort when in fact the Aqua Beach just had a face lift but is the typical Jersey motel that is (and should be) laid back and fun. Maybe that's why they have people complaining about stupid things like a fly in the room. I guess they want the maid to run around with a fly swatter all day.

Other than that, Aqua Beach has always treated us extremely well. I don't understand some of the complaints. There were a few times that we stayed and there weren't four forks, etc. when there should have been, but you know what? I went down to the front desk and got what little was missing. No big deal - certainly nothing to write home about. I've stayed at many places throughout the U.S. and no place is 100% perfect. Every time we vacation, I bring a small box of things like sugar, salt, pepper, etc. along. We grocery shop for the week as soon as we get to Wildwood. I do a quick inventory of things in the room and if something is missing, I get it right away. I ask for extra tea towels, wash cloths, toilet paper, soap, and bath towels as soon as I get there so we have a surplus and don't run out (we like two towels per person for multiple showers after pool/beach, etc.). I've always been allowed to check in early. By mid-afternoon on the first day there, we're set for the week - no problems. We've NEVER had any trouble getting immediate service or extras that we wanted. The staff has always been very polite and accommodating.

I think some people that give outrageously negative reviews need to get a life. With some of these reviews, I know from experience they aren't telling the whole truth. Enjoy the beach, the boardwalk, etc. I certainly don't understand spending cherished vacation time complaining about stupid things and taking pictures of a single fly on the floor or garbage bags that get collected during maid service.

This place, overall, is awesome. Too bad they have no ocean front rooms that will accommodate us for future visits to the area. :(

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Denville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed at the Monarch-Had a great time! beach and pool was right there. one issue with original unit but Management was quick to fix and had upgraded our condo. I have been there 3 times and always had a great time, never a reason to try other places.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Watervliet, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We recently returned from a 4 day stay in the Bimini room. I can certainly say that we would probably never stay there again for multiple reasons:
1. There was no Wi-Fi available in the room. We were told that we had to go to the computer room or sit in the lobby to have Wi-Fi. This is the first hotel in this day in age that doesn’t have Wi-Fi available in the room. I want to be able to relax in the comfort of my own room, not sit out where everyone else is in some uncomfortable chair.
2. The housekeeping service was mediocre in that they didn’t notice the light bulb that was out over the bathroom sink for 2 days. Not to mention the fact that we left one morning and returned in the afternoon to find out that housekeeping had never come by to clean the room. When we went to the front desk they told us they weren’t sure what happened and that the housekeeping staff was gone for the day. They gave us some clean towels and said they would bring by wash clothes and never showed up. They told us they would make sure the room was cleaned the next day. Needless to say, we ended up going to the front desk and asking for a new light bulb because it would have never gotten changed if we hadn’t spoken up.
3. The shades in the room provided little to no privacy as they did not close properly, and being pool side we had to keep the lights off all the time in order to get changed.
4. The linens were a little abrasive and didn’t fit the bed too well. There was not a mattress bad on the bed, however, there was a mattress protector that was plastic and every time you moved the fitted sheet would come off the bed.
5. The showerhead in the bathroom was less than adequate with very poor water pressure and a stream that was worse than the new fountains on the side of the pool.
6. The pool closed at 10pm and was locked down like you were in some kind of institute. The lounge area on the roof was not lit at night so you really couldn’t go up there after the pool closed to relax.
7. The front entrance area to the hotel was cluttered and had too much furniture and it really didn’t feel welcoming because of it.
8. The paperwork that was given to us when we checked in with all of our coupons also stated that the hotel offered towels, umbrellas, boogie boards, and chairs. They were accurate on the towels, however, when we asked for a chair and umbrella to go down to the beach they told us that they no longer offered the items.
9. On a good note, the free breakfast every morning was refreshing even though there was only four items to choose from. The wait staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!