“Our most relaxing get away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Oceanfront Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Oceanfront Inn
6211 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 73 hotels in Wildwood Crest
PT PLEASANT
“Our most relaxing get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have been going to this hotel for many years in September and always enjoy our stay. It is very clean and the location is perfect with a great view of the ocean.....across the street from the beautiful beach, many good restaurants in the area and within minutes of Cape May. The hotel staff, especially Natalie, always make us feel welcome and comfortable. Although this is an older hotel, in the last couple of years, the owner is doing a good job updating the facility. Next year we are extending our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Southern exposure with excellent views. We had a F1 for 2 couples which was recommended at reservation time and it worked out nicely. The bathroom was small and in need of updating but there was no shortage of hot water or pressure. We traveled about WW on bikes and the boardwalk is north approx. 1/4 mile. The flat screen TV in the back bedroom was small but adequate to watch new/weather. We found the beds/bedding comfortable and clean. The beach is a good 300 yards.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
paulinek
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just returned from two nights at this motel. Looked to be one of the better maintained motels in the Wildwoods and our room was very clean. Room was larger than others we've had in motels in the Wildwoods and the tiled floor was a nice improvement over the mildewy carpets one often finds in the area.Parking area was pretty tight with smallish sized spaces that made it difficult to get in and out of our car.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The Waikiki Motel is located in Wildwood Crest, NJ. Although this is an oceanfront motel, be prepared to walk quite a ways to get to the ocean as the beach is quite deep. I still gave them a 4 out of 5 rating for location because it is actually oceanfront. Starting with the the exterior of the property, they tried to give it a Hawaiian theme. Walking into the small lobby you'll notice a small sitting area and a brochure stand for local attractions. Checkin process was relatively smooth. Make sure you have $10 cash per room because they require a room key deposit which they return back to you at check out. A parking lot is located adjacent to the pool area with a smaller one located in the rear of the property. Some spaces in this lot are way too small for some of the SUV's on the road these days. Note one space per room. You may be given a permit placard for your windshield and be told to park on the street at a metered spot adjacent to the motel for no charge. It seems they have more rooms than parking spaces. Now to the pool area. The pool is a nice size for the motel. I did notice maintenance checking the water quality a couple of times during the stay so it seems they are up on that. However, seagulls run rampant in Wildwood and there were bird droppings on some chairs the entire time we stayed. This was never cleaned the while time we were there! There is also a deck on the second floor which give sunbathers a perfect location to get a nice tan. Two grills are also located on the deck for guest use. They were not very clean either. On the too floor you'll find a roof top restaurant. Unfortunately we did not get to try it because it closed at 1:00pm everyday. On to the rooms......Our first room was a basic room. King size bed, pull out couch, and a small bathroom. The room itself was decent. Furniture had seen better days but fit the Hawaiian theme they were going for. The bed was comfortable and clean. The tile floor was extremely sandy. Bathroom is rather small as compared with other modernized properties in the area. Toilet was extremely small and looked like it belonged in a child's bathroom. Shower worked well with hot water never being an issue. A small old TV is in the room offering some basic cable channels. You'll also find a refrigerator and small sink in the room just outside the bathroom. Our second room was a two room efficiency. Very nice view of the ocean with a small private balcony. This room was equipped with an electric cook top range, full size refrigerator, dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and larger kitchen sink. Two full size beds are located in the main room with a pull out sofa in the living room. There is also a kitchen table with small flat screen TV in the living room too. The bathroom was similar to the one in the standard

I did find that this property was bit over priced. Similar properties were offering rooms for less but were sold out. The location of this property is very nice as it is on the beach and a short drive to the boardwalk. The are some coffe shops located at neighboring motels.

• Stayed August 2012
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family of 10 stayed in three rooms for a week in Aug 2012. It is your typical Jersey Shore motel and desperately needs updating. The beds were very uncomfortable, bathrooms are tiny. The oceanfront room and balcony were surprisingly small for the money paid, but the view was nice. If you have never been to Wildwood, be forewarned, these hotels/motels are "oceanfront," but the beach is at least 300 yards walk away. The Wifi was unusable and the restaurant, which is GREAT for breakfast, closes at 12:30pm (and they even have an extensive lunch menu! Go figure!) No place to get a coffee or anything to eat or drink after 12:30. Pool and pool area was clean and they do have several common areas where you can barbecue or just spread out and have a little privacy. There is also a gift shop with limited hours. About half a mile from the boardwalk.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I checked into the hotel and 1 hour later found out my father died. I told the owner and asked if I could get 1 nights credit towards a future stay but I would be staying two nights as planned due to the fact that the wake was 3 days later. With an ice cold demeanor and no offer of condolence in a snippy manor she replied "I need to know as soon as possible!"
She refused to give us credit and the cleaning staff were in our room in a flash before we checked out to prepare for the next guest since they were booked solid & had found someone to use our room....on our dime. A heartless cold human being.... But karma will take care of that.

Stayed August 2012
Marie M, Manager at Waikiki Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I must reply to this comment. When this guest was checking in she told me her father had just passed away and she MAY have to check out a day early. She didn't know just yet when the funeral was. I did say, "I was sorry to hear that and when she found out please let me know right away." I didn't hear anything from her after that. I was not aware of any other issues. I do wish she would have requested to speak to me and this matter could and would have been resolved.
She doesn't understand we are a seasonal business and we try not to lose even one nights rental. Therefore, that is why we needed to know if and when she would be checking out early.
My sympathy goes to her and her family for the loss of her father. My prayers are with them.
Wappingers Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Iasked for a room with a king size bed, didn't get it. Beds and pillow were terrible. Blankets even grossed out my 12 yr. old son. Tv was smaller than my computer monitor, I think it was a 12" screen. Bathroom was way outdated. No table and chairs in the room. We had to switch room after 3 nights which I was aware of at time of booking. Just not sure why they couldnt just put the others in the room we had to move into, it was the same type of room. And when we did move, we were right on the corner where there is so much walking traffic and the garbage can which by 11 AM was already smelling awful. They have wifi but doesn't work inside your room and when you did get it outside, terrible connection. Good thing there was optimum hot spot. Major issue for me was not every room comes with a parking spot, we got a meter pass parking, so hope you can find a spot on the street and then at checkout, they want the pass, won't even allow you to use it for the day. I have stayed in many hotels and was never asked to turn in the pass, was always allowed to use until we left. I read the reviews before booking and majority were good. I am not a picky person but I am baffled because I found nothing desirable about this motel.

Room Tip: Do not book any rooms here