“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Oceanfront Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Oceanfront Inn
6211 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 74 hotels in Wildwood Crest
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Iasked for a room with a king size bed, didn't get it. Beds and pillow were terrible. Blankets even grossed out my 12 yr. old son. Tv was smaller than my computer monitor, I think it was a 12" screen. Bathroom was way outdated. No table and chairs in the room. We had to switch room after 3 nights which I was aware of at time of booking. Just not sure why they couldnt just put the others in the room we had to move into, it was the same type of room. And when we did move, we were right on the corner where there is so much walking traffic and the garbage can which by 11 AM was already smelling awful. They have wifi but doesn't work inside your room and when you did get it outside, terrible connection. Good thing there was optimum hot spot. Major issue for me was not every room comes with a parking spot, we got a meter pass parking, so hope you can find a spot on the street and then at checkout, they want the pass, won't even allow you to use it for the day. I have stayed in many hotels and was never asked to turn in the pass, was always allowed to use until we left. I read the reviews before booking and majority were good. I am not a picky person but I am baffled because I found nothing desirable about this motel.

Room Tip: Do not book any rooms here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marie M, Manager at Waikiki Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
In answer to this review I must say, The room is explained on the phone when they make the reservation and she did receive a confirmation that explains the room in detail and the bed size. The mattress is only 2 years old . The sofa bed is new this years and has a special memory foam mattress. The room is a one room unit and it has a flat screen 19" T.V. Yes, she is right, the bathrooms are outdated. That is why this winter all our bathrooms are being remodeled.
On the last night the guest was moved to another room, BUT she was told that in advance
when making her reservations . She wanted another night and was told the only way to accommodate her was to move to another room and she agreed.
We try our best to accommodate our guest in every way we can.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Olympic Island Beach Resort next door, but ventured over to the Waikiki for breakfast at their rooftop restaurant.

And, I wish we had done that sooner! They boast they have the "best view" and they're right! We had a great, delicious breakfast -- coffee, eggs, home fries, toast, bacon and my boyfriend had the best ham, egg and cheese bagel sandwich he says he's ever had! We enjoyed our breakfast while viewing the ocean and beach. So wonderful.

The service was great, friendly and the cook accepted our compliments graciously. We will definitely be returning, if not to stay, to have breakfast, during a future vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Morrisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I stayed here July 23-25 and we were pleasantly surprised! This is not a 5-star hotel, so we were not expecting polished walls, marble floors,etc, obviously, but the Waikiki was very clean, every room had an awesome view, and the rooms were extremely spacious! The staff was great, and I honestly believe they allowed my girls a little more time to swim past the 10pm closing time (Thank you! They had a blast!!) The ONLY thing I have to say that is even remotely negative is that the bathroom is a tad dated (the sink..boo hoo) and there was a ceiling tile loose. That's really the only "complaint" I have, if you even want to call it that! The pool was really nice and extremely clean, the rooms were very spacious and clean, the view was excellent, and the roof top restaurant/cafe was cute, too!

We had a great time and thorougly enjoyed our stay here! We will definitely stay here again, and we recommend the Waikiki to others, especially those with families!

Thanks again to the staff for a great experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from a stay at the Waikiki. Upon arrival, the front desk staff made us feel very welcome. The rooms were above what I expected, clean, and MUCH better than other places we've stayed at in Wildwood. We have a large family and we had a large room right overlooking the ocean. We all had enough room to be comfortable and enjoy the stay. The location can't be beat.. Short walk to the ocean and pretty close to the boardwalk, but not too close so it was quiet and peaceful. We had an absolute blast! Very satisfied and will go there again! Great vacation!

• Stayed July 2012
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

When going down the shore, you are looking for two things. Cleanliness in the room and a good view of the ocean. We got both. We requested an ocean front and booked it. Beautiful view of the ocean, couldnt beat that. The property itself is very clean and some of the rooms look like they are in modern decor, as was ours. The pool was heated, which was nice. There is a huge patio on the 2nd floor that overlooks the beach, great for laying out. The staff is fine, good front desk help,etc. The only complaints are as follows. Rooms a lil small for an oceanfront room, ac units are on the balcony, which makes no sense bc there is room for one when you walk in the room. The problem with the ac is that its difficult to have it on when u r on the balcony bc of all the heat it generates on the balcony. My mother complained about the sheets being old etc. She would of given it 3, me a 4, my dad 4.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I have to be honest, when my boyfriend and I booked this place I was very nervous due to all the bad reviews regarding service and cleanliness. Thankfuly we were surprised. The place was amazing, right on the beach, and huge rooms. We had a room on the top floor and spent most of our time on the patio looking out onto the ocean. The breakfast upstairs was amazing, and the staff were very friendly. If you can stay here, definitely do!

• Stayed June 2012
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was very nice, we had one of their ocean view suites, and unlike some Wildwood hotels, this was a real ocean view. Our patio looked out over the beach and the ocean. While the patio is small it is enough room for 2 people to sit and enjoy. Our room was very nice, great furnishings, king size bed and an in the wall air conditioner that worked great. While we didn't use it the room was an efficiency which meant it had a kitchen and a full size fridge. The only small criticism I have is regarding the towels and the sheets. While they where clean, I have no doubt of this, they felt old or cheap. The small added costs for fluffy soft towels and sheets would be well worth it for the hotel to invest in. Outside the room the hotel has a large community deck where you can sit and enjoy the day or night, it also has 2 grills that can be used by the guests. The hotel has a very well kept pool, which at times is filled with kids, but none the less it is great and in season is open until 10PM. The hotel itself is about 3 blocks from the start of the boardwalk, thus putting you on the beach but just far enough away from the hustle of the boardwalk but only a short walk away, the location is great. All in all I give it 4 out of 5 stars, and for a NJ Shore hotel this is a great place to stay for couples or families.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Waikiki Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!