“A new generation loving the VIP!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of VIP Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
VIP Motel
You added VIP Motel to your Saves list
6505 Atlantic Ave. & Forget-Me-Not Rd, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toms River, New Jersey
“A new generation loving the VIP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My mother took us to the VIP every summer when I was little, and this Labor Day Weekend I had the pleasure of taking my kids-30 years later! They loved playing in the playground and the pool. We never even made it to the boardwalk because they had so much fun right at the hotel and on the beach! The park that is caddy corner to the hotel had a concert one night and it was fabulous sitting on the VIP patio to listen to it. Yes, the rooms are retro, but who cares? They are functional and clean and serve their purpose. My walk down memory lane was better than I expected, and Melissa, Roland and family are keeping the charm of the VIP alive. Thanks for that! The VIP is now MY family's tradition! See you next year!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor if you have small children. Bring dish soap!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toms River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Dear Melissa and Roland, Thank you again for a fine time at your family orientated facility. Checking in and getting a hug makes me feel like I,m at home again. We have been coming here for around 30 years and never had a bad experience. The best part is seeing other families that have been coming here for just as long as we have. I was a boy when I started and now I have a boy who I hope will keep coming when he is my age. Rooms are always clean and you will always get whatever yoiu ask for, Your not the Ritz but to me you are like home, and thats what this vacation is all about, If you are looking for this similar feeling this is the place!!!!!

Room Tip: if you have small children would be best to stay on the first floor.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The VIP Motel is a great destination for families. The staff and amenities cater to families. Close to everything, yet removed enough to relax. After staying at many different motels in Wildwood Crest, we found one that we will go to again and again. Thank you for the super vacation.

Mechanicsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife, three year old son, and I just spent a couple of days at the VIP. We had such an enjoyable time. The location is perfect. The beach is a two minute walk and the boardwalk is 15 minutes. We loved having two rooms in our unit. We put our son in the bedroom and we slept on the pull-out sofa in the living room. It worked out perfect since we could go to bed when we wanted instead of when he went to bed. Our son was thrilled with the playground. He had so much fun going up and down the slides and playing in the sand. He had a blast! The microwave and refrigerator came in handy for quick meals and snacks. The pool was well-maintained and clean. Towels were plentiful and housekeeping kept the room tidy. We are already planning next year's trip!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Cant wait to go back again. My kids loved it too!!! The place was very clean and loved that the pool, park and beach was right outside our door. Parking was very easy and the staff was soooo friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have been staying here for a week in august every year for about 15 years give or take? The staff has been wonderful. They take pride in keeping the rooms and public areas clean. I have stayed at many hotels on the Jersey Shore and this may not have the largest rooms but is much cleaner than any others I have stayed at. It has an excellent location for all there is to do in WW and a short walk to the beach. A great park right across the street for all kinds of activities where there is live music 2 nights out of the week. Every year they are doing updates to the rooms and public areas. Melissa and her family are a pleasure to deal with and make you feel like very welcome friends that they truly enjoy seeing! Hope to spend many more years there!

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'm honestly surprised by all the great reviews for this place. Sure the management is very nice and the rooms are clean, but that does not equate to a 5 star rating. The decor is extremely outdated and the beds need replacing. I guess that a lot of the hotels/motels at the Jersey shore though are in similar condition so they don't need to upgrade and can still sell out.

The other thing that surprised me was that this is considered a family motel. After coming back from the boardwalk on a Sat night around 10:30pm, there were a bunch of people sitting right outside the rooms playing loud music. This could be easily heard from inside our room. I was equally surprised to see what appeared to be teenage kids openly playing beer pong and flip cup, Keystone Light cans and all. I guess the cops are not strict in this town. Luckily the music died down around 11:30, but isn't this place supposed to be for people with young kids too?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
The_VIP_Family_Motel, Manager at VIP Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
First and foremost, the family that was here during your recent stay has been staying with us since those "teenagers" were in diapers-- I assure you that they are no longer teenagers and are now all of legal age to consume alcohol. I want to state that at The VIP Family Motel we certainly DO NOT condone underage drinking at our establishment. Nonetheless, we cannot card each individual we see outside with a beer can either.

With that being said, I want to apologize for the music and the loud noise upon returning from the boardwalk; however, with it being a Saturday Night, the park adjacent to our property (Centennial Park) had a concert that night (as they do every Wednesday and Saturday throughout the summer season) that played from 7:30pm-10pm. The noise ordinance in Wildwood Crest does not take effect until 11pm and our law enforcement officers are extremely strict here-- they have a well-known reputation for being "tough". Only on weekends are they somewhat lenient and do not firmly enforce the Noise Ordinance till closer to midnight.

We do upgrade our rooms each and every year. New items (updated 2011/2012) include: Brand new carpet in all of our rooms, the beds were replaced two years ago-- this being their third season, new pillows, new flat screen televisions in both the bedrooms and living rooms, new refrigerators, new microwaves, recently re-glazed tubs and bathroom sinks, brand new tables and benches for the dining area, and all of our kitchen units have new tiling. The only area in our rooms that has not recently been updated are our kitchens, which we do have plans to replace as soon as possible!

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and that we could not satisfy your wants. If there were any problems where you thought inappropriate teenagers were playing Beer Pong it should have been brought to our attention, it is not something we support at our establishment.

We have a large sandy play area for young children at our establishment... that is because we cater to those with small children. For many families, it is a Wildwood tradition to stay at The VIP Family Motel each and every year; with each new year the children do age and may no longer be small or young.

Been to VIP Motel? Share your experiences!