“great place!!, will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Nova Motel
8601 Atlantic Avenue, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #53 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New Jersey
“great place!!, will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

my family and I just returned from the villanova and had an awesome time. It was our first time staying here as we normally stay in north wildwood. We got a great deal four a 4 night stay. We arrived early, around 10am and our room was ready and we checked right in. The owner, miss Joanne is wonderful as is her husband and daughter. The rooms were clean and neat, the beds were a little hard, but not bad.

They have an awesome heated pool, plenty of lounge chairs and a very nice picnic area with grills. It is quiet at night and being able to step right on the beach was awesome.

We will definetly be back and the Villanova is our new Wildwood place to stay. Thank you again Joanne, Harold an aChrissy for making my family's stay a great one!

• Stayed June 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mine Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

hi went to the villa nova for the first time ever this year.I have been going to wildwood for many years now stayed at many a hotel there. this year we were not sure where we were going to stay so bieng a member on here we looked at some of the hotels and came across the villa nova it seemed to have good reviews and it was on the beach so we booked it for a decent price.Ok so this is an old 50s style motel (a doo wop joint) but location location location was great. the cons beds were so so not the worst not the best. Cosmetics paint every thing that needs paint every year paint aint exspensive some settling cracks in room caulk its cheap the place needed minor T L C . Ok the T.V only 19" tube job would have liked a 27" for the efficaincy unit. Moving on, that is it small little things that some people would say is minor. They have a coffee shop witch is nice but i didnt use it so the prices i dont know (rip off or not.?) The managment were great good people super friendly everyone was awsome and polite. the pool was nice big clean kiddie section shuffle board right next to it 3 grills for you to cook out on .This place is a gem and i will take my wifes advice and book here next year we loved it. Ok so one more thing parking is good not great but not as bad as some hotels ive been at.oh some kids were throwing a baseball back and forth on your shuffleboard court right next to a sign that says no ball playing someone could get injured or there car could be struck the woman who owns the motel didnt say anything to them managment should enforce its rules for everyones saftey.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

After reading some of these reviews I thought'" Wow, I have to write one". We have stayed at a few different spots in the Crest but have been back to the Villanova for the past few vacations. The place is typical of a Wildwood motel, so if you are expecting room service, a pool open late in the evening etc, you won't find it anywhere in Wildwood. However the Villanova is smack dab on the BEACH, the bathroom was CLEAN, the beds were pretty comfortable, the pool was clean, the towels were soft and the shower water was hot. I can't ask for any more for the reasonable price they charge compared to some other places. The owners were cordial and attended to any needs. Yes, it is stated when you make your reservation that check in time is 3:00pm! If you get there early and your room is not ready that is not the fault of the owners. Housekeeping staff was on top of everything in and outside of the room. The only thing I was not happy with was the amount of noise late in the evening on the pool side of the motel, A few evenings there were quite large groups of people spending the evening on the deck and the noise was a little more than I wanted. They were not rowdy or rude, just enjoying their vacation but I wanted a little more quiet. I am sure that this happens at all the motels in Wildwood as families get together. Overall, we like the place and would stay here again

Deleware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Got there at 10 am check in was at 3. They got the room ready while I ate in the Coffee Shop which was very good and got to the room at 11;30 Had a great 3 days Very clean very goog service Will go back next year.brotherh

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have been coming to the Villa Nova for 22 years with my family. The rooms are always clean, the service is excellent, and the customer service is always outstanding! The family who owns it makes everyone feel welcome during their stay. The rates are very reasonable and the location is perfect being right on the beach in peaceful Wildwood Crest and many of the rooms have a beautiful view of the ocean. The pool on site is always heated and clean. The motel is quiet at night and is ideal for a relaxing getaway. I would highly recommend the Villa Nova motel as I always have a pleasurable experience and feel rejuvenated upon my return home.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Not true! Not a dump at the the Villa Nova. We have been going there for the last 10 years for our family vacation and we'll be returning there every July FOREVER. Check in is 3:00 as always. We here at the Villa Nova have been vacationing with families that have been here for 20-30 years. Joanne and Harold are wonderful people. They are very accomdating. I can't count how many timesI have forgotten things and they have it for me. We as a family have accumlated so many friends along the years, including Joanne and Harold. The Motel itself, property and pool are well kept. The motel is traveled so much with so many families in and out, my feelings are they maintain it very very well throughout the summer. The owners deal with many personalities, one thing I know that the regulars do not do (because we have no reason) is complain about every little thing possible. We check in, we check out. That is pretty much it. In between we have a vacation that last us 1 whole year until we are back, every July. So with that said...... Its ashame you feel this way, because it wouldn't be a vacation to me if I didn't book at Villa Nova (maybe try to book the last week in July with all of us, you're feelings may change "Tales from the Crest") and remember Check in is at 3:00.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

After reading many reviews on this site, we decided to book this hotel for a last minute weekend get away. We should have known there must have been a reason there was still vacancy. Upon our arrival we walked into the lobby of the motel to find the owner Joanne fighting with a guest who was also checking in. She was making a fool of herself by trying to belittle the guest. As well as saying this was her 3rd argument of the morning so her fuse was low, our arrival time was 10:00 am. I wonder how many more arguments she had that day. Whatever happened to the customer always being right? At the very least she could have held her composure. As far as I am concerned, a business person should not conduct themselves in this manner especially not in front of other customers. I started having second thoughts right away, had another hotel had vacancies I would have left.

We got to our room, only to find black mold all over the bathroom including the ceiling. The white towels are old and stained. The water pressure was minimal. The hotel and rooms look like they have not been touched since it was built in the 70's. The service was all around terrible. I can not think of a better way to describe it than to say it is a dump, dump, dump. Needless to say I will not be booking this hotel next time I am in Wildwood Crest. Found the owner Joanne to be very unpleasant. I would not consider this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Villa Nova Motel? Share your experiences!