“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mark I Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mark I Motel
You added Mark I Motel to your Saves list
417 E. Atlanta Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Just returned from a one week vacation at the Mark 1 hotel, we have stayed there for many years and have always had a wonderful experience. The rooms are super clean and the new renovations have made this place even more beautiful. The beach is only steps away and right out your door from your room is an amazingly relaxing heated pool. I promise you will not be disappointed with your stay at the Mark 1!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
monroe,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

From check in to check out..loved it. Nice clean rooms at just the perfect size. In the morning sitting by the pool having coffee and breakfast being able to use my laptop with the free/fast wireless internet was a great way to start the day every morning. To the beach that is only a 100 ft walk away. The heated and very clean pool was perfect for relaxing in and lying around on what I saw the hotel staff cleaning every day: not just the pool, but all the chairs and tables, The gass BBQ grill that anyone can use to throw a quick lunch on or maybe a steak for dinner. (PERFECT). A short walk or drive to a nice restaurant with a bar or to sit in breakfast places or even to visit the Wildwood boardwalk. What ever you are looking to do in the the area the staff can guide you with great direction and complete knowledge of the area. They guided me for a 35 mile drive to Atlantic City. I loved this place and have booked a room for next year, can't wait!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and his family have vacationed at the Mark I for over 30 years mostly because the motel served their simple needs and because of the people that ran it. Now our family continues to vacation there and the Mark I has kept up with the times. Recently updated, they feature all the usual motel amenities, plus they have a nice size heated pool, which is the drawing point for our family with 2 young children. The Mark I is also tucked nicely on a quiet street and only one other motel sits between it and the beach. Chris and Kathy, the owners, keep on top of things and are often seen tending to matters. The pool and pool area is maintained daily, which is important to a safety conscious mom! The Mark I also features a bathroom/shower for hotel guests which can be used while guests are using the pool. I have not found this at many places and have come to appreciate it very much. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are nice. The do not allow pets which I think is a good choice. One slight drawback is the placement of the microwave -- it's a little high for the height challenged.

Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

We LOVE this place! The owners take such great care of every little thing (very hard to find in other places) They are always around to help with anything you need. The rooms and pool are clean!!! Short walk to the beach. We traveled with our children 3 and 7 years old and they had a blast as well. 5 minute drive to the boardwalk. Perfect location!
Can't wait to return next year!!!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

We found our new spot at the Mark 1 Motel. We come to the shore every year and this year we finally found our perfect vacation spot. The rooms are spotless and we could not get the children out of the awesome pool. Its heated and open until 11 pm, you can't beat that after a hot night on the boardwalk. We felt very comfortable having a little bbq poolside. We loved having our own kitchen area for some quick meals rather than drag the kids out to eat every night, They never wanted to leave that pool! We already have our reservation set for next year, we are counting the days!

Blackwood NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We've been staying here for the past three summers and it's been a great experience each time . The rooms are cleaned daily along with the entire facility. The owners Chris and Cathy are the perfect hosts and would do anything for you. It's very family oriented and it's location is right at the beach.Do yourself a favor and check this place out!...Harry Williams...Blackwood NJ

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Wailuku, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I'm a travel nurse and my company had brought my husband and myself to town for the summer. We had to find a place to stay because our "new" apartment was dirty and the shower was broken. Very frustrating. It required my company to put us some place until the issues were resolved. We found Mark I Motel after searching on the net. We chose this place because it was ranked #1 in Wildwood Crest, NJ and it didn't disappoint us. Chris and Kathy made us feel completely at home and the motel was awesome. It had recently been renovated and the results were great. In addition it was extremely clean including the rooms, grounds and pool. The pool is heated making it very comfortable. The beach is only a short stroll away. The overall experience was excellent! We can't say enough great things about this place. Thanks Chris and Kathy!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Mark I Motel? Share your experiences!