“Best in Wildwood Crest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mark I Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mark I Motel
You added Mark I Motel to your Saves list
417 E. Atlanta Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Best in Wildwood Crest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been going to Wildwood Crest for over 30 years. This was by far the cleanest motel we've ever been to. Great for families with small children. This is the only motel I know of that has ovens in the efficiences. We recommend this motel to anyone going to the shore.

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sparta, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Throwback 1960's style motel that we got at the last minute for a weekend at Wildwood Crest. There's some "fancier" hotels in Wildwood Crest, but pretty hard to get a reservation for at the last minute for a weekend. We stayed in the "Apt 24" room, which accomodates 6. For six adults, it's sort of like "camping" - because there's a separate bedroom for two, but the other 4 have to use a double bed and pull out bed in the living room area. But, we knew that going it & has we had teenagers with us, it's wasn't too bad. If it were a family, it would have been less sort of "cramped". We wanted a place to "crash" for a beach weekend that was clean and right next to the beach that wasn't ridiculously expensive - so, Mark 1 for sure filled that need. The rooms are clean, and the almost full size fridge was appreciated. The pool is open until 11pm and we had no problem finding a table to sit & have drinks at night poolside. So, as Wildwood motels go - I've got no complaints. No frills, but clean & friendly staff - and that counts for a lot. The comfort level of the bed was the greatest - but, it wasn't horrible. I only gave it three stars because it was not a great comfort mattress & only two pillows offered on each bed - but, as I said, if you are looking for a "crash pad" for a beach weekend, it's clean & adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a fantastic little get away spot that not nearly enough people know about. In a sea of mediocrity this motel is a jewel! Exceptionally clean rooms, beautiful pool and such an incredible staff. I can't say enough great things about this place. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013
Succasunna, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Mark I. Facility was very clean and Kathy and Chris were very accommodating. The only improvements we would suggest would be possibly Queen size beds in place of the full size beds and definitely restricting smoking at the pool. Possibly the smoking could be limited to the tables at the street end, which is more out in the open. Our family could not fully enjoy the pool or sit out near the pool due to the heavy smokers surrounding the pool. Possibly we may have chosen the wrong week when there seemed to be a large number of smokers. Again, the place was exceptionally clean, maintained like it was your own home, and is in an ideal location. We would have given it 5 stars except for the smoking.

Room Tip: For non-smokers, be aware that smoking is permitted at all locations outside rooms. This includes p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stay at this motel every year. This has been my 5th year and for many of my friends, the 15th year! To say that the owner is meticulous is an understatement. He truly cares about the condition of the property and is always available if you need something. Although externally dated, the rooms have been upgraded and it's got to be one of the cleanest motels I've ever been to. It is the second motel from the beach and so the location is excellent.

Room Tip: We always stay in room #20- ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Quarryville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I cannot imagine staying anywhere else for a week at the beach! Chris and Kathy and always available, friendly, and answer every question you could come up with. They know where everything is and have great recommendations. The rooms are immaculate, with friendly staff. The heated pool is fantastic for kids and adults. They have a variety of rooms and suites to meet your needs, and you can't beat the view. The beach is not even a block away, and it's only a short drive to restaurants and stores. It's a bit away from the boardwalk, which we actually like because it's much quieter! We've been staying at the Mark I for 4 years and I know we will be going for many many many more!

Room Tip: The beach house not only has a great view of the beach, but also the bay! However, if you have kids...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I agree with everything Sally B. said. Kathy and Chris are the best hosts, very accommodating. The Mark I is very well maintained, immaculate rooms, the pool is heated and cleaned every day. Use of the grill was very helpful. You don't have to cross a road to get to the beach. Can't wait until we return next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms a great, depends if you want to cook in your room which one you choose and how many pe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mark I Motel? Share your experiences!