“Best Beach House in the Crest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mark I Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mark I Motel
You added Mark I Motel to your Saves list
417 E. Atlanta Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Beach House in the Crest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I decided to visit Wildwood Crest in style by renting a beach house. Mark 1 beach house is two housed down from their main hotel and has the option of first or second floor. We decided to get the second floor so we would have the view of the beach from the front or back balcony. The reservation process was a breeze and I was able to email questions to the owners prior to reserving. The beach house itself was all updated with central air and clean! The 2nd floor option had more space than we needed since it was the two of us. Six people could stay there comfortably. But we loved the space! The kitchen was amazing with all updated appliances and plenty of space for cooking. We cooked in most meals and it was a joy to use the kitchen. The walk to the beach was only a 1/2 block away and so we spent most days wandering the beach and boardwalk without ever getting in our car. We took advantage of the pool at the main hotel one day and found it to be very clean and well kept. Everything about our stay was positive. I highly recommend Mark 1 Motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orwin, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed two nights in September at the Mark 1 and were greeted with the same clean comfortable room we enjoyed last year. The Mark 1 is at a very convenient location on the Crest, close enough to the beach yet removed from the hustle and bustle.

Chris and Cathy have to be two of the nicest most accommodating hotel owners in New Jersey and we look forward to spending time with them again next year.

Clean rooms, reasonable price, great location and excellent owners make the Mark 1 a sure thing on the Wildwood Crest!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We rented the beach house in June of 2012 with our four children and my mother. I didn't know what to expect upon arrival, but was pleasantly surprised. Not only was it immaculate, but the kitchen appliances were like brand new. We were right at the beach. The owners were awesome, helpful and friendly would actually be an understatement. This place is definitely family oriented. I can't remember ever talking to actual owners anywhere else we have ever stayed, that made you feel welcome and right at home. One of the things that really caught our attention was every morning the owners, as a couple would take a walk on the beach or a bike ride. You guys are awesome, we will definitely be back in 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We took an extended weekend at the Mark I Motel this past weekend. Have to say this will be our place to stay in the future in the Wildwoods. The motel is exceptionally clean, and the staff is very friendly. The prices are very affordable, especially in this economy, Some rooms have a small kitchen, and there is an onsite barbeque for guests to use if they are too tired to eat out after a day at the pool, or at the beach which is only steps away. I would recommend the Mark I to anyone who likes a smaller, quieter place to relax and enjoy their vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just wanted to write a review thanking the owners of the Mark I Motel. I rented 2 rooms one with a kitchen and one not. Took 4 children 3 adults and had a wonderful time. The motel is extremely clean Chris worked non stop. Very pleasant we wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Mark I Motel to family, friends or any of you. Pool is great heated kids loved it. I used Trip Advisor to choose this Motel so I felt compelled to write a review and rate it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

When I made my reservation I asked for a room with an ocean view. I was told none of there rooms face the ocean they face the pool. I stayed here with my two sons this past week. I was a little disappointed and felt slightly misled in that it was not right on the beach as there is another motel(the lamplighter) in between. Its still right there a short walk, with a nice location. A short drive to the Wildwood Boardwalk. When checking in we were told we could use the bathroom/shower downstairs, however we were never able to get in. We checked and went to walk around the boardwalk until our rm was ready. They took my cell and called us when the room was ready. Which was great! We stayed in the one bedroom apartment #24, it has two beds and pull out sofa sleeper. It's located upstairs on the corner. The room was very clean, the people were very friendly. This place was very family friendly. I would definitely reccomend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is our second year at the marc I beach house. It is well run and clean. Love the extra space and lawn for about the price of a hotel room. Need to bring own linens and supplies but worth the savings.
We will rent again next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mark I Motel? Share your experiences!