“Early visit to shore this summer / June” 5 of 5 stars

Oceanview Motel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7201 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #69 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Early visit to shore this summer / June”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Me & my son went to visit family in Cape May in June right after school got out this summer & on the way home stopped in Wildwood just to look around. I went in a few hotel/motel's to view & review rates after looking around spoke to Greg @ Oceanview was given a good rate for the night & decided to spend the night, was glad me & my son did. We had a great stay . Staff was very friendly & the Activities Director was an unexpected & great experience he got many of the guest's to socialize meet each other & set up many fun activities (FREE MINI GOLF RIGHT ON SITE) if you wanted to join in. If you wanted to just lay in the sun & relax that was OK as well. Forced to wait on materials for a job I was working on allowed us to even stay a 2nd day. We had a great start to our summer & felt good about supporting the Jersey Shore. Great Place for kids teens & adults.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The motel is very old. Stinky rooms and stained carpet everywhere. refrigerator was too small and all rusty on the door and inside. AC was stinky too.

the Bathroom could not open completely because of the commode. Never saw such a small bathroom ever. Very inconvenient.

The only 2 positive points were, it was right on the beach, 10 steps out of motel and you find yourself on the beach sand. Secondly they have swimming pool and mini golf for free. Good entertainment for kids and family. Ohh by the way, the bed are terrible. make sounds when you move while sleeping. The bedding quality is horrible.

If you are getting it cheap (below $100) then its worth otherwise I am sure you would find other better options. Do not expect luxury or comfort here but okay kind of place to crash on beach vacation. Family friendly.

Room Tip: Bed are horrible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Oceanview the last week in June and had a great time... The view is wonderful, especially from the 4th floor. The rooms are clean with newer furnishings. Bike rental and beautiful park and gazebo across the street and a view of the boardwalk at night! The staff were very helpful and quick to meet all requests (extra towels, pillows, etc). We are planning to go back next year as well...

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the ocean. Be sure to ask for a view if that's what you want...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laval, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It's an old motel needs a lot of renovations & more attention on cleaning but the reception people are so nice & helpfull Pat , Bonnie , Janet & Gregg they are very freindly , it's been a good experince , the motel is too close to the beach . it's too close to the boardwalk too . Easy access to the BBQ you can make your dinner , the arcade hall for kids to play & spend some time , rooms are wide a full size refrigerator in rooms. Overall it was a nice stay for a vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in august for 1 night (thats all we could take) with the family. Location is ok but the place is filthy, nasty and old..parking lot is by stinky garbage dumpster. Room was disgusting and reaked of mold. Linens were full of hair. Pullout sofa had springs sticking out. Bathroom was filthy with dried up toothpaste in old rusty sink. I was totally creeped out sleeping in the bed felt like bugs were crawling on me. My head is still itching after leaving there, im sure I got headlice from that dump.some shady people walking by ur door constantly. Smells like smoke from people on balcony. Staff however were very nice. Pay a little more and get something cleaner.

• Stayed August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had stayed at the Oceanview several times in the past, the last time being in 2008 and, on every one of those occasions, we had an enjoyable time. The place was not the ritz, but it was certainly adequate. We are a middle-aged couple and, after watching a special on TV about Hurricane Sandy, we decided to revisit Wildwood to show our support for the citizens of New Jersey. Since we had stayed at the Oceanview in the past, we booked a room there for 3 days at a cost of $200 per night.

When we arrived on Thursday night, we checked in and the lady and gentleman at the front desk were lovely. When we arrived at our room, we found that the toilet was not working and my husband went down and asked if they could send a maintenance person up. We were told that the maintenance team had left for the evening, but the two nice people at the front desk gave us another room and we switched. Everything was fine.

We spent a nice day on the beach Friday and went to the boardwalk and had a nice time.

Friday night we went to bed at about 11 p.m. I awoke at 1:15 a.m. to the sound of kids partying outside our room. Being the mother of two now 20-somethings, I didn't do anything about it and just figured that if they weren't quieted down by 2 a.m. I would go out and ask them to keep it down. They eventually did quiet down about a half hour later and I gradually drifted off to sleep.

At exactly 2 a.m., there was a loud knock on our door (This is 2 a.m. in the morning now!) It was startling and made me nervous. I made sure my husband was awake and cracked the door open. There was a man (Darrell)outside who said he was with the hotel and that I had to come down and move our car that was illegally parked and "not pulled up to the white line." I said that our car was parked out by the sidewalk and he said, with a LOT of irritation in his voice: I know. That's the problem!

So, I closed the door and I said to my husband: Do you think this is a scam? Who knocks on a guest's door at 2 a.m. to move a car? My husband didn't like it and so we both went downstairs to our car, which was perfectly parked. I began to get nervous thinking that we were going to either be jumped or that someone was breaking into our room as we stood out there. So, we walked quickly to the lobby to report the incident and found the man "Darrell" standing there. I said: We just checked our car and it is fine. He said: Not it isn't . You guys don't know how to park. He gestured towards a car that WASN'T OURS! I told him that wasn't our car and he acted like he didn't believe us and pointed to the parking tag in the window and said that was our room number so it had to be our car. At this point, my husband jumped in and said: That's not our car and I can't believe you woke us up and had us come down at 2 a.m. Why not just call the room rather than knock? (I might add also that I found it pretty ironic that Darrell walked right past the 5 underage drinking kids to get to our room!) Anyway, Darrell told us that he was "just doing his job" and didn't apologize. The next morning I went down and looked at the car which was still "illegally" parked and the tag said 115. We were in 235!

The whole incident really unnerved us to the point that I still wasn't sure it wasn't some kind of scam. I approached the manager of the place the next day who was worthless and he said: Oh, yeah, Darrell had a bad night. Poor Darrell. When I pointed out that the car was still illegally parked and it was the wrong room, he just said: The guy made a mistake. Get over it.

We ended up leaving early as the attitude of the employee obviously was the same as the management. They would not give us our money back and, when we asked to speak to the owner, the idiot manager said: There is no owner. It's a corporation." When my husband said: Okay. Don't worry, we will talk to the owner, the guy said: Don't threaten me and followed us up the steps like he wanted a confrontation." Bizarre to say the least. NEVER AGAIN. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. And it's sad, because we did used to really like it. It's like the end of an era. Things have definitely changed. The manager is a jerk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmira NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the oceanfront room, first off the amenities list is not correct, it says central air but we had an air conditioner. Our room for some reason the rug was always damp if not wet. Nice size room great views. Parking is very tight, the balconies on the 2 nd and 3rd floors on the pool side are small which makes it hard to get by people when checking in and out with your luggage. Wifi did not exist and the pool is always crowded. There is lots of parking on the other side of the building but the lot is very dark at night.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise and rowdiness get an oceanfront room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Oceanview Motel? Share your experiences!