“Quick Getaway Life Saver” 5 of 5 stars

Oceanview Motel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7201 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #71 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Bellmawr, New Jersey
“Quick Getaway Life Saver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had booked a last minute 2 day stay mid week, for a very reasonable price. When we got there, we had asked if we could pay to stay a little longer than the regular morning check out time, so we would be able to enjoy a full second day. The manager, Greg Freeman, was able to accommodate us on that, which made me extremely happy, as I haven't been able to get down to the shore at all before then. He made sure we knew we could call him if we needed anything, which is some of the best customer service that I have seen anywhere lately. The rooms were very clean, and the facility was beach front which is exactly what I wanted. The pool looked great too, but we spent most of our time at the ocean...didn't even have to cross a street. The Oceanview Motel is perfect for a couple or family to stay and enjoy the beach.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor. No noise that I could here, and we were pool side and had an ocean view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cogan Station
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent a family vacation at Oceanview.We were on the 4th floor and had a great view of the ocean and could even see the amusement park on the boardwalk.It was absolutely beautiful.The hotel is very children oriented with miniature golf right below us and the pool right next to that.They had a beach restaurant,bike rental,and beach patrol/first aid center all right there in a square.The park and bike path were also right there.You couldn't ask for more.The staff was so very nice and helpful and even the other guests were friendly.The rooms had all that we needed.They were very quaint and that is exactly what I was looking for.The mildew smell that so many people complain about is just part of the shore experience to me.My aunt's cabin in the Villas always had a slight smell of mildew and I found it to be a memory booster.I loved it there and will return every year if I can.I am also handicapped and found this hotel very accommodating.LOVED IT.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was excellent for view and breeze.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The back of the hotel looks like junk yard. The Pool is nice and maybe is the only good thing. Its pretty close to the beach and some restaurants which was also good. When you look through the window of the double bed rooms you see junk and not ocean. When we walked in the room there was this terrible smell which i cant stand. I went to the manager and i told him nisely that the room smells. He said lets take a look. He grabbed room freshener and sprayed it for couple of minutes. After that he left. That didnt fix anything. The price was O.K. but i just cant stand this. The beds were good and the rooms were clean. The furniture looks like its from 50 years ago and i thing its going to break everytime i touch it. The bathroom is tiny and old but clean. The only thing that safed me from the smell was a bottle of Jack Daniels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this motel for a basketball tournament. Like others mentioned, it was like going back in time. Although it looked clean and the location was great, the room looks like it hasn't been updated in 40 years at least. We're not rich, but we're used to a little more luxury. I realize this is a beach town and this hotel is not a resort, but a few modernizations to the decor would not hurt at all.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the ground floor, right in front of the mini golf. We didn't request it...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Hi we just got back from this hotel the older women at the front desk with blonde hair is a creep. Has no personality we got no hello no nothing she was pretty miserable. Anyway the location was excellent room was ok the admiral Resturant across the street is excellent staff is great and food is awesome. If I had to stay at the oceanview again I would if I had to since it was pretty much the cheapest place around the crest. The oceanview room has pretty great view.

• Stayed July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went in late June till early July with my husband and children. Although quite a far walk from the boardwalk, we all had a great time. The beach was great because of location and the sundeck was just perfect for relaxing in the sun. The staff was all very kind and helpful.

Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We decided to go last minute and saw this motel online, but was not sure because the reviews were mixed. So I called and spoke with Pat who was very nice over phone and gave a lower rate than online. I booked it and Barb let us check-in a little early. The room had 2 double beds in front room and 2 in a separate room which the kids loved. Had table with chairs, fridge, tv, but no coffee maker or microwave. The bathroom was small, older style tiles but very clean. Beds were clean and comfortable. Right outside the room was a nice mini golf, no charge, big clean pool with kids pool, game room and a grill area that has 4 grills you can use to bbq. Ice machine was convenient and clean. Plenty off free parking. Location awesome right on beach and boardwalk a few blocks away.
Craig the manager has been there a long time, is very personable and generous. He helped me with an issue that made my stay memorable. Also the handicapped rooms are great. Newly renovated - new tile floors, furniture, full kitchen, roll in shower, flat screen tv.
I have a Bachelor degree in Hotel/Restaurant management and as far as motel's go, this is a great one. If you are looking for the Ritz Carlton, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a clean, comfortable motel on the beach, you found it!

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchen's, our room had a fridge. Remember this is a motel style so people do h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Oceanview Motel? Share your experiences!