We have stayed at this motel 3-4 times in the last 6 years, always in the oceanfront room which offers a king sized bed. The motel is in a great location, literally on the beach and the room has a balcony. There is a bike rental shop and a playground next door. There is also a path that leads to the boardwalk which is within walking distance.
Unfortunately the balconies are not private and most times people are smoking on the balconies which blows right at you but the view is great, especially at night. The pool is fairly large and clean but always packed. There are BBQ grills to use, a small mini golf course, a small arcade room and multiple vending machines. There is a small elevator which is nice when you are on the 3rd floor and overpack! Parking is tough, the spaces are very tight, unless you own a motorcycle or a mini!!! Wifi is offered but only in the main office.
I only give this motel 3 stars because of the rooms.......very very outdated. The air-conditioning does not work well and last visit, it looked like it was about to fall out onto the balcony. It is placed in a hole in the wall above the door to the balcony so you get water dripped on you when you go out the door and it is not sealed so you can see outside around the unit. The bed is ok, no major complaints there. There is a slight musty, mildewy smell in the rooms, nothing that I was too grossed out over. Otherwise the rooms are clean. The bathrooms are tiny and really need upgrading. The water pressure and temp were fine. Towels are the typical white, scratchy ones but were clean. The small fridge is a great addition and worked well. I think 2012 was our last year here. Not worth the price even though the location is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Oceanview Motel, our accommodations are comfortable offering one bedroom motel rooms and suites that can sleep up to seven. All suites include individually controlled air conditioning and heat, a refrigerator, phone, and TV. Our motel is stocked with a video arcade, gift shop, laundry services, wi-fi, BBQ hut, and a beachfront grill. A family friendly motel, Oceanview Motel also has a supervised children's program featuring water balloon contests, egg toss, pie eating contest, swim races, miniature golf, and arts & crafts. Enjoy family bingo with prizes, beauty parades, and hula hoops. Other activities nearby include bike rentals and a bike path directly to Wildwood piers, golf, tennis, sailing, surf casting, and deep sea fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Oceanview Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanview Motel Wildwood Crest
- Oceanview Hotel Wildwood Crest