“vaction family” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New York City, New York
“vaction family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

my wife and I have been coming hear for over 20 years ,we love the place ,kids have grown up ,and still want to come .its a family tradition ,at night you can walk the outside area as they have built a walkway the boardwalk is always pack and the people are so nice ,the port royal is kept very clean and they provide life jacket for all kids and they have a life guard on duty at all times , the pool is huge and very clean thanks to Anthony , we have met many of family who have stayed at other hotels ,but always come back to the port royal ,,,,there is no hotel that can match this one ,

Room Tip: we love staying on the north side we can watch the free concerts , as view is amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Whenever I go on vacation at the Jersey Shore, I always stay at the Port Royal Hotel. When I was younger (20's) I stayed in the heart of North Wildwood, but now that I'm older I prefer to stay in the Wildwood Crest area which is not as noisy as North Wildwood. I love drinking my morning tea on the balcony, so my favorite rooms are the Ocean Front rooms which cost a lot more. You can save a little bit of money by booking an ocean view room (instead of ocean front) since you can still see the ocean (side view). There is a little park across the street from the hotel and on the weekends they have concerts. If you enjoy concerts make sure you ask for a room that is on the side of the building facing the park. There is a walking bike path along the beach. Within walking distance you can following the walking path to rent bikes. In the early morning you can ride your bikes on the boardwalk. The hotel has a small gift shop. At the end of the season you can catch great sales in the gift shop. The Hotel is clean and they have a fantastic restaurant. Over the years, I've had Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at the hotels restaurant and every meal was great. The Beach is Big in the Wildwoods, so there is plenty of room. When I'm on vacation, I prefer the beach and the ocean, so I've never used the hotel's pool. I can say that the pool area always looks clean and the restaurant serves food inside and by the pool which is great. I love going for morning and early evening walks on the beach. The hotel has a shower to rinse the sand off your feet before you return to your hotel room. If you are looking for a good Italian Dinner or Seafood Dinner, I would highly suggest going to Alfe's. If you are looking for good pizza, I would suggest Mack's Pizza on the Boardwalk.

Room Tip: Best rooms are the Ocean Front rooms which cost a lot more. You can save a little bit of money by bo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

We have been going on vacation and staying at the Port Royal for 3 years now. Every time the stay was great. Very clean and all the staff are wonderful . With 2 teens and a child ,my wife and I can always relax and feel safe anywhere on the premise. Nothing but praise from us and we're going back next year in late August .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Excellent hotel, we have stayed here twice a year for the past 10 seasons. We bring our grandson for a week in June and return in October for the 50s weekend. The beds are great, the rooms are clean and the staff terrific. We will continue to come back year after year.

Room Tip: We like beachfront rooms. Great views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Our family has been staying at the Port Royal Hotel for over 20 consecutive years. There is a reason why we keep coming back. It's a warm, friendly hotel, where the staff remembers us and welcomes us back each year. The rooms are immaculate as well as the hotel itself. We love the fact that the hotel is right at the beach. Also, we can rent bikes nearby and ride along the bike path. We are minutes away from the Wildwood boardwalk and a short drive away from Cape May.
Our vacations always go by too quickly here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

We have been staying at the Port Royal for almost ten consecutive years with our extended family. Prior to the last 10 years, we have made many trips there when our family was smaller and we love it here. The service, amenities, the cleanliness are only part of the reason we keep coming back. The staff is a constant, and they know all of us now and continue to be the reason we keep coming back. We actually were there when it originally opened in 1972 and it just keeps getting better. The same can be said for their restaurant, the Royal Grille. Talk about accommodating us, we are a group of at least 21; some years we had 10 to 15 more of us. Throughout the complex, everyone treats us special and the weekends go way too fast; we never want to leave. Thankfully, even the weather has cooperated, probably because the staff has an in with the weatherman.

Room Tip: The pool is on the south side. Every room has its own private balcony, whether it's on the nort...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
West Mlford,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

My wife and I and some friends have been attending the 50's weekend for the past 6 or 7 years and have been staying at the Port Royal. This hotel is excellent! the place is extremely clean and in very good repair.The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious and airy. Its nice to be able to sit outside on the balcony and relax--especially first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee. The restaurant has a nice menu and the food is delicious,not to mention the great service from the wait staff and the kitchen in granting special requests. All the staff are friendly and willing to please. I can't say enough good things about this place and am looking forward to my return visit.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Port Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!