“Best place to stay in the Wildwoods!” 5 of 5 stars

6801 Ocean Ave., On the Beach at Palm Rd., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 74 hotels in Wildwood Crest
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Best place to stay in the Wildwoods!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stay here a lot. Very clean, love their great breakfasts, great gift shop, right on the beach and love the outdoor concerts in the park next to the hotel. We take advantage of their preseason packages.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is incredible. The pool area is really nice, lots of seating and covered space. The inside lounge area is really nice and there are a couple shops inside and an arcade area with ping pong. The view of the ocean is amazing if you are fortunate enough to get the direct ocean front view with a balcony. I spent a lot of time out on the balcony people watching and eating dinner. I even fell asleep out there. The staff is really helpful and really friendly. They treat you like family there. I spent more time at this hotel's pool area than on the beach and anywhere else it's just so relaxing and nice. I'm not sure if all the rooms are the same but ours had a really nice living room like space with a kitchen area which made the stay much nicer than it would have been without all that stuff. I love this place so much and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Most rooms book up for the next season during the current season since most people who come here are...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My family Bd I have been going there most summers for over 15 years. It's right on the ocean. Ample on site parking. Easy walk to Boardwalk but far enough away to be quiet at night. Very clean and up to date. Breakfast in their restaurant good, but dinners better off out ...

• Stayed August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our first "family" vacation with two toddlers, ages 3 and 1 (15 months) and I was extremely nervous. My husband and I always stayed in Cape May (pre-kids). Needless to say, this was our first stay at the Port Royal. I found this hotel, on this website. My friends stay at a different hotel, but after reading the reviews here, I decided this was the better (and cleaner) fit for us.
We stayed Labor Day week, Sept. 3 - Sept 7. It was the perfect amount of days for the kids, and us. We stayed on the fourth floor, overlooking the pool. The boys loved it! The pool was wonderful. My three year old could've easily spent the whole time in the pool. The only drawback was the lifeguards. On Monday, when we arrived, there was a very sloppy looking lifeguard, he definitely did not want to be there, you could tell my his demeanor and his clothes were dirty. The rest of the week there was a different lifeguard, he looked more professional, but he was more interested in his iPhone. Thank goodness my husband and I are "all over" our kids in the pool, I wouldn't have must trust in either of the guards there.
The room was always clean and comfortable. The maids were wonderful and friendly. We rented a crib for our 1 year old. They rent from an off-site rental agency. The crib was nice. They also supply the sheet and blanket, however, I brought my own. We stayed in the suite and had a bedroom seperate from the rest of the room. It was very nice at nap time. The walk-in closet was very nice and the additional sink, outside the bathroom, was great too. The efficiency kitchen was the perfect size and served it's purpose. We only used the fridge (bigger than "dorm" fridge) and the microwave. We used the stovetop as additional counter space. Come on, who's going to use a stove while on vacation??? I've seen numerous complaints about having a coffee maker w/ no coffee. Well, in my opinion, if you're that much of a coffee drinker, wouldn't you like your own brand? Would you really want to drink "hotel" coffee? Really, if that's all you have to complain about, then I would say buy your own.
Parking was not an issue for us. We parked in the garage each night. It's a little tight, but doable.
I've also noticed people complaining about towels not available for the pool. Well, you're going to the beach, wouldn't you have packed a towel? Just sayin'.
I'm very happy we were leaving on Friday, September 7. Roar to the Shore was beginning and it was becoming VERY loud with the motorcycles. The riders weren't really partying in the Crest on Thursday night, but while we were leaving the boardwalk on Thursday night, there was a lot of partying going on, along the route home and some very "interesting" people were partying on the sidewalks. About 8 years ago I probably would've joined them, but with two little ones in the backseat, some of the stuff that was going on boardered inappropriate. But hey, they were having fun.
There is also a bike rental place very close to the hotel, it's at the end of the park on the pool side. Oh yeah... there's also a very nice playground in the park, on the pool side.
There is just so much to do in Wildwood. The location of the hotel is great. It is right on the beach. If your taking little ones, I would greatly suggest a beach cart. There is so much to take out and it is a long walk out to the water.
Cape May was an easy drive from the hotel. If you have a cloudy, dreary day I would suggest taking the kids to the Cape May Zoo. It's not far.
Almost forgot... at checkout they automatically book you for the next year, for the same days. Very nice! I'm all set for next year.

Room Tip: If you have kids book a room over the pool. It will keep them entertained by "people watching...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jersey Shore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

It's pretty much everything everyone says about it. Beautiful, but VERY expensive. I personally, happened to love Wildwood beach. So if I am going to stay overnight this is the only place I would stay. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. We had a 5th floor efficiency. Nice big balcony & a great view from up there! The kitchenette was nicely equipped(even had some dish soap). The kitchen table was a bit difficult to sit at with the sofa bed set up-not much room. Beds were uber comfortable and true to size. Parking spaces were actually normal-unlike most motels in Wildwood. Great location with unobstructed views on both North and South sides.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Port Royal is one of the great hotels in Wildwood Crest. Our room was on the 4th floor and gave us a breath taking view of the ocean. We spent many evenings enjoying the sunset views. The hotel is located right on the beach and has everything you need to enjoy your stay. First and foremost, our room was super clean and large enough for a family of four. The housekeeping staff was incredible in cleaning our room and never came at a time when we were in the room. Actually, the entire hotel staff is extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room also featured two flat screen t.v.'s and proved very handy when my childrem wanted to watch the disney channel during the Giants opening game against the Cowboys. The hotel also features a "large eight shaped" pool and a kid's pool that are both heated. There's also a game room and a restaurant that had some of the best breakfasts around. Parking is plentiful around the hotel and the underground parking garage keeps you dry. Easy drive to the boardwalk, supermarkets, and Cape May. A great value from a great hotel! Make your reservations early because the hotel books quickly with many return customers like us. Thanks for reading my review and enjoy the Port Royal.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the ocean, a must if you love the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Wendy and I continued our seven-day trip of Outlaws' shows with a visit to Wildwood Crest and a stay at the Port Royal Hotel. Situated right on the beach, this hotel is perfect for families south of Wildwood with a pool heavily inundated by youngsters. Parking is an issue since street slots are VERY limited so one can opt for parking in the garage under the hotel...for an additional $5.00 a day. Once up to our seventh floor room (GREAT view from the terrace), we found a double and a twin bed awaiting us. HUH? I'm not the slimmest slice of meat on the planet and having to inconvenience Wendy in a double bed ain't happening. So, I gave her the double and I slept on the twin. SURPRISE! They were the most comfortable beds we had on this trip. Size ain't everything! All else was great - bathroom was clean, the location was excellent, and access to Cape May for The Outlaws' show was easy! RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor to take in the view. Better inquire about bed sizes, though, if that's imp...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Port Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!