“Unprofessional Staff” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #52 of 74 hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Unprofessional Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2004

Just returned from a two day stay that was overpriced and unfriendly, to boot. The desk staff was completely unkind and plain rude to its patrons. Rooms did not have alarm clocks, adequate lighting, or amenities. Restaurant in hotel was completely understaffed and unfriendly. Parking was tough in the tiny spaces they alott. Will not return. It's upsetting that anyone in business would treat patrons so poorly.

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2004

We were pleased that our room was ready when we arrived. Very clean - refrigerator had been turned on for us (although they could've filled the ice trays), found lots of towels and washcloths in bathroom. Parking is odd but
pleasantly indoors. Front desk and gift shop staff were kind and friendly. Could have used more info about Wildwood Crest but we went after Labor Day so info was in short supply. Biggest challenge was we didn't know Harley bikers were having their rally at the same time - therefore, very noisy almost everywhere we went. We WOULD like the hotel to change the check out time from before 11am (!) to a more reasonable noon. And the check in from after 3pm to 2. Are we unreasonable?

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

Will not even consider going to this hotel. I called to get information and the woman was SO rude I couldnt believe how extremely curt she was with me. I asked about upgrades and she wouldnt give me a straight answer. If I intended on going somewhere where I felt uncomfortable and abused I would stay here, otherwise Id rather sleep on the beach.

olyphant,pa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2004

parking sucks...understaffed...no info on hotel left in the dark had to ask staff 1/2 of them didn't know...nice rooms...good food...high priced..clean

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2004

We just came back from staying Sunday to Thursday at Bal Harbor hotel. The day before I called to confirm our reservation. I was told that I cancelled. I told the women there must be a mistake because I never cancelled. She told me they would be able to accomodate us but I need to move 3 times because they booked my room! Since this was the day before our trip my husband and I thought we should probably keep our reservation. I booked this in April by giving Bal Harbor a night's deposit. So on the second day we had to move we were out of a room for 3 hours the owner told me they would take care of everything for us. She should have said that they scope your ironed folded clothes into a garbage bag and then drop them on the bed in your new room. The next day we did the move again. Only this time I placed my folded clothes in our suitcase to avoide the wrinkles. I was able to find out that if you actually cancel you have to do this in writing. I asked the owner where is my letter, she couldn't produce one because I never cancelled? I am only writting this review because I think Bal Harbor should not be in business! The owner lives to fight. I overheard her say the cruelest things to other guests. The dolphin rooms smells like a wet rug and desperately need new furniture.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2004

I made our reservation before looking at the review site. Bal Harbour was very clean. Poolside cafe was very good. They advertised 4 pools. The big pool was nice but of course the pictures on the brochures and web site made it look much bigger than it actually is. The other 3 pools were less than 2 1/2 feet deep. I too, was a victim of bait and switch. There was a problem with my reservation but they had a cancellation for a more expensive bigger room. The room was beachfront but very small. The location was great. There were a few big rain storms. We had no problems with leaks but I did overhear someone complaining to the manager about leaks in the rooms. The manager said the storms were so strong there was a problem and if it were reoccurring they would change their room. As in other reviews, it was noted about the small parking spots. This is true but I also found it to be true for almost anywhere in the Crest. If I return to WildWood Crest I would opt for another hotel, hopefully getting more value for my money. The hotel was adequate, pricey and a little bit shady.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2004

Bal Harbor was THE perfect place to stay in Wildwood. The rooms were not dirty at all, the service downstairs at the desk was awesome (I encountered no rudeness), the pools were beautiful and always clean, the arcade was fun and the room itself was just fantastic. It was spacious and very clean, and I loved it.

Been to Bal Harbour Hotels? Share your experiences!