“Excellent Christmas Special for summer room rates” 4 of 5 stars

Bal Harbour Hotels
508 E Stanton Rd, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Christmas Special for summer room rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Just want to say that they offered a great special for rooms for this summer on December 20th. Me and my family have stayed their for years and are so excited about saving some bucs!! Great service and very nice and helpful making the reservation. Thank you Bal Harbour!! JRossi

Room Tip: The Cutty sark is a nice room for 4 people. Nice views!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
WWCBeach, General Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thnak you for your review. We appreciate it

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

First let me say I have stayed at Bal Harbour many times. Over the years the quality has gone way down hill but I figured I give it another shot. This year I called for reservations and was quoted a suite and booked at 500.00 per night. When I looked at my credit card I was charged 685.00 per night. No one from Bal Harbour contacted me. When I finally spoke to someone named Spencer, who said he was the manager, there was no apology. No working it out with a long term customer. I was treated like a stranger which says a a lot about the overall atmosphere. To the owners..YOU NEED TO CHANGE SOME PEOPLE AND UPGRADE YOUR HOTEL..I wouldnt stay there again if it was free!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WWCBeach, General Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
The customer was offered our 2013 rates for his 2014 vacation. Since reservations were made prior to the end of the (2013) year. The rate given was the same rates which were previously paid in 2013 by this guest. We also directed the customer to our gift certificate program, which he declined to take advantage of.
Richmond, Va.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Went to NJ in October and it was very strange because we were the only people there (2bus loads). The hotel was ok, but the service in the restaurant was slow and unorganized. The hotel was closing for the winter after we left. It was very clean in the hotel, leggy and restaurant, but the pools were not clean and the weather was nice enough to swim.

Room Tip: Our room had three beds, kitchenette with large fridge, two bathroom sinks, plenty of closet space a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WWCBeach, General Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
The reviewer stayed during the off season. The hotel was still in full operation. The pools were open and are always clean. This was part of a tour group and the members really enjoyed their stay with us and we appreciate that! Thanks.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a wonderful stay. Thanks to the staff’s attentive service. The views were lovely and the rooms nicely appointed and clean. I just made our return reservation for 2014. BEST POOLS OF THE CREST! Thank you for a great vacation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate it......
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great experience! Was a little intimidated with reading reviews online, but my experience was just lovely. I had to just give this place a chance and I got my money's worth and more!!! I will make this my new vacation spot.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review we appreciate it
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We enjoyed ourselves completely. Rooms were clean, the staff was great, pool area fabulous. I'm a repeat guest and will continue to return!! It took me a moment to put my feet in the sand! What more can I ask for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you your review. We apprecite it.
Middlesex, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and son stayed in August and I made several attempts for the staff to get back to me on the bed in our room, we stayed in 505 E3.
My husband and I would roll into the middle of the bed and when I looked under the bed I saw that it looked like the box spring was broke.
While I made the reservations I asked to please be sure we get Queen beds because we sleep on a King bed and person on phone assured me beds were being updated and she assured me we'd have an updated bed. Clearly that was not the case. As you know if you don't sleep good it completely ruins your vacation.
The pool was the only good thing about staying here. I originally wanted to stay at the Port Royal but they were booked.
The screen door was always coming off when we went out on the deck so we'd just lean it against the wall????

Also when I told housekeeping about the bed they were the only ones who actually told maintenance BUT, when they did come into my room I was in the shower, my son opened the door thinking it was his father and they entered the room with a child in there and me in the shower?????? That is unacceptable….all they told my son was the wheel was off one of the side of the bed and that was not the case we still fell into the middle of the bed.
I know they heard me screaming in the shower when my son came to tell me they were in our room I screamed so loud TO TELL THEM TO GET OUT.
How do you enter a room with a child letting you in????

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bal Harbour Hotels? Share your experiences!