“"The CSI Motel" -- STAY AWAY!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cozy Crest
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7210 Seaview Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #73 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Clifton, NJ
“"The CSI Motel" -- STAY AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

OMG, whatever you do, DON'T GO TO THE COZY CREST!!! I wish I had known about these forums and customer ratings before last summer. I took my kids there (2 teens) last summer in a last-ditch effort to get in somewhere. We stayed...oh, I'd say...maybe 2 hours, during which time we drove all over Wildwood Crest looking for different accomodations! The Cozy Crest was one of the most disgusting places I have ever seen in my life! If you check it out on this site, it is rated #62 OUT OF 62 hotels in Wildwood Crest. And that is no joke. The place ought to be closed down and its owners incarcerated for ripping off their customers. We call the Cozy Crest "the CSI motel" because of the unidentifiable stains (blood?) on the carpeting. There were just too many horrible things about this place AND the owner, I can't even start to tell you. It rates a -10 out of +10 in all categories. If anyone tells you anything GOOD about this place, they are LYING. DON'T DO IT!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — The obnoxious owner who stole my money & the disgusting room!
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

Saw old dried blood stains on the wall.

When we walked into the room...omg..it was so dirty, smelly. Kitchen wasn't cleaned in years. Mold all over...dirt on the rug, floor..I believe they cleaned it with a broom last year. Sand all over the place. No covers on the mattresses, stains on the sheets and covers. (We bring our own sheets and blankets for the kids thank god) Got sick from the dirty air...had to go to the store and get air freshners and rug spray. Never put my feet on the floor ..wore my flip flops all the time. Had my family there..omg stay away. I saw this sight on the Chamber of Commerce, hopefully they didn't check out all the rooms..cause was this the worse. I will never ever refer this place nor stay there. It was the dirtest place I ever saw or stayed at.

If my kids wouldn't have told me not to feel bad about the place, I would have left. Also never pay for a room in advantance..the whole thing I paid for ..boy I was taken.

Stayed June 2007
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

Ok, where do I begin? First I called the Wildwood Chamber of Commerce to recommend me a Motel at $100. This is one of the places they recommended. The minute we walked into the room it was all over. My fiancé looked at me and made it clear she was not taking her flip flops off under any circumstances. Being she does not have a single high-maintenance bone in her body I knew I had to do something immediately. I tried to go to the bathroom before I headed back to the lobby and I could not bare the disgusting dirty floor so I held it in.

At the front desk I explained to the guy the situation and he told me he would have to charge me for the night. I made it clear to him that I was going to march down to the Chamber of Commerce and let them know what the hell was going on in there. He accordingly gave me back my deposit after trying to show me another room and an apartment, I could have puked. Thank God the Topaz accommodated us next door; we are going back this July to the Topaz.. I am writing this review with the utmost concern and restraint, please for the love of God and your well being as well as your family, stay away from this rat hole.

• Liked — They gave me back my deposit with little argument
  • Disliked — Everything except for getting my deposit back
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

Called the hotel to make a reservation during TOB championships. Was told no problem, could get a room for the 2 nights. When we get there, the office is locked, with a sign on the door that it is closed for the season. We hear voices around the side, and there is the supposed manager. He says he'll give us the room we booked, but he can't get in the office, so he needs cash. We write a check. He gives us a two bedroom suite to make up for the problem. As we walk past all the other rooms to get there, they are full of furniture..obviously NOT open. We are the only guests. We take our stuff in the room and ask for a key. He says he can't get a key, because he can't get in the office, but he has a master...so whenever we need to get in, just wake him up, and points to his room. We go to the championships, and come back at midnight. He lets us in..and only one light works in all three rooms. We are too tired, and go to sleep...in the musty, smelly room. We wake up to find the TV doesn't work, and when we go to take a shower...NO HOT WATER. We ask about it in that room again, and he says he doesn't know what he can do because his handyman took some of the keys, and can't fix the boiler, and that's why he can't get in the office too...Needless to say, we checked out right then, stopped payment on the check, and luckily found another room somewhere else. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! It's gross, and they are looking to rip you off!!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

TERRIBLE PLACE! FILTHY! This place was just awful. It is dirty, dingy and it smells. There are no balconies, the pool is dirty. There is no housekeeping at all, they do not change the bed sheets, they do not clean the bathrooms... We couldn't wait to check out of this DUMP. Just disgusting.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — DO NOT STAY HERE!
Sherbrooke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

Horrible place! Everything is dirty and old. It smells old too. The room is not kept up and only cleaned when there are no clients. There is no housekeeping at all. They only give new towels every day. No soap, they do not change the bed sheets, they do not clean the bathrooms... The kitchinette has no pots and pans and only 2 forks. It is, like everything else, very dirty. The fridge is too cold and freezes everything. The sink was clogged by guess what? .... the rest of the forks... You must ask them to pass the vaccume in the room. The place is noisy, the pool is dirty. The beds are uncomfortable and dirty. Couldn't wait to check out of this rat hole.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Arriving
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

Please do not give this horrible excuse for a motel a second thought. My family of four just stayed there for two nights, and it was horrendous. We were regular customers of a motel called the Catalina for over 15 years until unfortunately, it was knocked down in favor of a new condo unit. The wrecking ball can't visit this place soon enough! We chose this motel because of the positive spin thier web site gave, and the pics didn't seem too bad. Let's start with the room...we were told to walk around the corner to the entrance. We found a dimly lit and very moldy smelling hallway that led to our room. When we opened our room door, the moldy smell was almost overwhelming. It seemed as if it had been flooded out, and the furnishings and carpeting were left behind for the lucky people like us to use. The ceilings were very low, and it reminded me of the worst of basements. Very 70's feel to everything, dirty carpeting, filthy kitchen, buzzing flourecent lighting, and dirty walls. We quickly picked up our bags and headed to the front office to see another room. We were told it would be another $40 per night, but we just couldn't stay in that room. We saw two others, which were not much better, but we had no choice since there were no vacancies elsewhere, and we didn't want to lose our deposit. The owner was not friendly, and simply threw us our key. We tried to stay out of the room as much as possible, only to sleep of course. The beach would have been more comfortable. Can you believe there was no housekeeping whatsoever, and not one safety notice/hotel policy posted on the door like any other establishment? To sum it up...if you happen to see it online, avoid it...if you happen to drive past it...pass it right by. This place is prime for a major upgrade, or better yet, an entirely new building. Horrible.

• Liked — Checking Out!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cozy Crest? Share your experiences!