“Other reviewers right on” 4 of 5 stars

SPRING FLING PACKAGE
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“Other reviewers right on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Great view, friendly service (not entirely true in the restaurant). Balcony is great, rooms outdated and a little dingy. But was not expecting the Ritz Carlton, so ok by me. Pool and hot tub area is well maintained, clean and was not overcrowded. At least in September. If you are bringing your iPad or laptop and expecting decent wifi, forget it. Per other reviewers, food at restaurant is just ok for breakfast. And with coupon, a limited selection. Will definitely go back to Hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is my first time on the Jersey shore (I'm from Los Angeles) and I brought a special needs individual I work with on a mini vacation. I took trip advisor's advice and booked a night at the Reges. I had a great feeling right off the bat because Alyssa, one of the lovely women at the front desk, was so patient with me while I explained my needs. I'm here now and have met Alyssa and the rest of the staff and they are nothing short of wonderful. The hotel is fine, you get your money's worth. I wasn't expecting the Ritz Carlton. The view is stunning and fortunately, our room is right next to the elevator which for some might seem obnoxious but actually works out better for us. They allowed us to check in early because he needed a rest and have bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. It's been very quiet inside and the balcony overlooks the pool and spa. We were recommended to try a local restaurant and for once, it didn't feel like they were pushing it or blowing smoke up our you-know-what's. She was right. The restaurant was wonderful. Anyway, I will be coming back twice more this month with special needs friends and I look forward to it immensely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is the second time we stayed in this hotel. We love it the first time. I was looking for an oceanfront hotel for a weekend get-away with my family and I found this hotel. The first year, we stayed here on Father's Day and I got a package rate which was $500 for 2 nights with a dinner, snacks and a gift. It was a great deal. This year, we stayed in July and we were paying more for the rooms. For $335/night plus tax, I find it too much. The rooms even if they were big, they looked tired. It desperately needs updating. The beach even in July is too cold. Since the beach is public, it gets very crowded. We had to rent an umbrella and 2 chairs for $25.
I have mixed feelings with this hotel since I like the people that run it and we love the location. I just find the price is too high for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The rooms need updating, very small, your typical motel except it's a "hotel". Pool is gross, the lounge chairs dirty and need updating. The hot tub was cold. The restaraunt food was horrible. They wouldn't allow my friend and family check in an hour early on a horribly rainy day! No WiFi or cellular access.

• Stayed August 2013
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I write this review with mixed feelings. I gave Reges 4 stars because it has gorgeous views of the beach, the staff was very professional and experienced, and what I was looking for was a beachfront hotel that could accomodate a family on NJ shore. The reason we did not have the best time had more to do with Wildwood than with the hotel. I think we would have enjoyed Cape May more but we had a difficult time finding a B&B there that would accomodate a family of 4 in our price range. As for the hotel, it would have been nice to have a restaurant open for dinner but we really enjoyed Jersey Girl and some restaurants in Cape May. There was a lot of traffic around dinner time. Also the beach was gorgeous to look at but too cold in July to really swim in. You had to pay for chair/umbrella rentals and some people were not considerate in parking their stuff right in front of you, so the beach experience was not what we hoped for. This is not the hotel's fault but it did impact our enjoyment of its' primary attraction. Good points for the hotel was its size, oceanview, cleanliness and professional staff. Price was also reasonable

Room Tip: we stayed on 8th floor, great view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had just returned from our week long vacation at The Reges Resort. After reading all of the wonderful reviews my self, my husband and our 2 children decided this was the place for us. I had stayed in Wildwood Crest many years ago when I was a child and always had fond memories of our vacations. I did my research and knew was to expect being in the southern end of the crest. It was less crowded which we loved being close enough, but far enough away from the boardwalk. After reading the last persons review, all of Wildwood beach is a distance away and it is not a private beach. While I do agree that some updating is necessary newer televisions and in room safes would be a wonderful thing, the rooms were always kept immaculate. Not just in Wildwood Crest, but before every vacation we always plan ahead. We look at reviews for not only the hotel, but restaurants and always make sure to have addresses to make things easier. We will definitely be recommending this hotel to our friends and family.

Room Tip: All rooms with the exception of the first floor have amazing views of the ocean. The 2 northern end...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre Twp. Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was excited about staying at the Reges based on all of the other reviews I found on Tripadvisor, but I must say that I was disappointed. Basically, it was like being stuck in the '70's. The rooms are very clean, but are in desperate need of remodeling. The ocean view was not what I expected. We were right above the pool, and the ocean seemed like a block away. If you are elderly, or disabled, you may have a hard time getting to the beach. It's a long walk. Another problem is that the Reges is located so far away from everything. You need to drive to get dinner, drive to get to the boardwalk, drive to get anywhere. Restaurants are hard to find, if you are not used to the WIldwood Crest area. Research restaurants and get directions BEFORE you get to Wildwood. The local people aren't friendly. It seemed like we were in the middle of some small private town, and they didn't like outsiders. On Saturday, the sun was out and it was hot, so the beach was overcrowded, mostly with locals. The beach at the Reges did not appear to be private.

Also, if you arrive before your room is ready, they have two bathrooms, not changing rooms, and they aren't very clean.

I think this hotel is very overpriced.

Some little tid-bits:

What is funny about "the Crest," is that, although it boasts itself as a dry town, you will be surprised at how many mommies and daddies are openly drinking on the beach.

If you are a young family with very young children, I would say between the ages of 2 and 8, and you plan on turning in by 9:30 p.m., this is an ideal place to stay. Older children will be very bored after the sun goes down, unless you plan on driving somewhere.

A vacation is what you make it. My family and I still had an amazing time, but I was not impressed with the Reges.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Reges Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!