“LOVE the Saratoga Inn and then some! VERY CLEAN!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saratoga Inn

Saratoga Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Saratoga Inn
You added Saratoga Inn to your Saves list
7501 Ocean Avenue, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Northeast
“LOVE the Saratoga Inn and then some! VERY CLEAN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

After the cleanlieness and quality of our other motel went downshill, my parents, sister, and I happened upon the Saratoga Inn duirng the Summer of 2006, which is where we have been staying ever since; It is absolutely amazing! Although this is not a luxury hotel/resort, the enitire property (from the guest rooms, changing room, the heated pool and gas grill, right down to the picnic areas, walkways, and parking lot) is EXTREMELY IMMACULATE and VERY WELL MAINTAINED! The staff workers clean and disinfect EVERYTHING with Clorox on a daily and nightly basis! The owners and staff, who are on-site all day long are always going out of their way to ensure thier HIDDEN GEM in the Crest is running and operating smoothly. Most importantly they want to make and keep all of their guests are happy, which is ESPECIALLY important in this day-in-age! What I adore most, however is that managment tends to put money into thier motel for guestroom improvements every few years instead of using it just to line up thier pockets (I.e: They change the carpeting and patio furniture and have also installed new bathroom sinks and windows) My only gribe is that they should spring for more comfortabIe bed-pillows and some newer pieces of guestroom furniture, though. I also love the fact that the Saratoga is not only in the Crest, but that it's a VERY SAFE and family-oriented motel, too. Inspite of the fact that this establishment does provide effieiency rooms with many kitchen gadgets and basic appliances such as a fridge, stove-top, and microwave, I hgihly reccomend grabbing a bite to eat at the on-site restaurant/cafe, as well. They offer great food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at pretty reasonable prices. They will even blow your pool toys, free of charge. A plus, particualrrly if you don't feel like leaving the poolside, or dealing with the summer hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. To sumarize, due to the fact the that this place is EXTREMELY CLEAN and VERY WELL KEPT, I would most definitely reccomend the Saratoga Inn to my friends, and family members, as well as anyone who plans on traveling to Wildwood, NJ in the summer becuase a drity and poorly maintained hotel can sour ones' vacation experience. Kudos to Ben, Charlotte, and their excellent staff; Keep up the great work! My family and I, as well as our friends who we met while vacationing onthe Jersey Shore are VERY EXCITED about returning to The Saratoga Inn down in Wildwood Crest this summer!

• Stayed August 2009

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
North Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I have been coming to this motel for at least 5 or 6 years straight now with my family. Every year there is a large group of us who take up at least 10 rooms at this place. Why? Because it a wonderful yet simple place for family to stay and have fun. The family that owns it are very nice, accomodating and helpful. The rooms are simple yet spacious and VERY clean. My husband, 2 children and I usually get a basic room with two double beds which has a refrigerator and microwave and it's just perfect for us. We bring the necessities for the kids to (cereal, sandwhiches, etc) but really enjoy going out to eat as well. They have a coffee shop with a wonderful staff that serves great breakfasts and lunches so you don't have to go far if you just want stuff like burgers, fries, wraps and ice cream. There is also a grill by the pool that you are allowed to use as well.
The pool is our favorite hang out. It's spotless and clean with a lot of chairs. Also the kiddie pool is a perfect touch for our 2 little ones who spend every moment they can in it.
The beach entrance is on the same block so you just have to take a very short walk past one hotel and your there without crossing the street.
To get to the boardwalk you can either drive and pay to park OR there is a trolley that passes by every 25 minutes or so that make round trips back and forth for a small fee.
I honestly can't say enough about this place. The only complaints I have are that:
1)Sometimes you get a lumpy bed
2)You have to bring a ton of quarters in order to get small buckets of ice from the machine.
3) There is only one car per room allowed due to tight spaces. If you need to bring an extra car you have to find a spot somewhere on the side roads.
But, these are stupid minimal things, all in all I have nothing but wonderful memories here. Like I said, it's very simple. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then don't come here. If you are looking for somewhere clean, fun, basic and relaxing then this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Traveled to Wildwood Crest for 46 straight years, many a motel stayed. Know what you are getting in this town is not "resort like amenities." Just a room, a pool and the great Crest beaches. Stayed here many times but got away from it for a few years. Not sure why. Got a rate high season for $150 range two double beds in a bigger than average room size. Plenty of room for four. No frills here but clean serviceable beds, clean sheets, newer carpets and simple furnishings. Bathrooms are dated but again clean and in great working condition. They have efficiency rooms as well with pullout couches and separate bedrooms that are basically the same size as the double bed only rooms. Small table and good size fridge/microwave add to the comforts. The folks that run the motel are polite, nice and helpful. Coffee shop for breakfast and lunch is convenient (they actually have very good single serve pizzas). Overall, this is a fair priced motel compared to many many others on the island that ranks well above average for cleanliness.
The problem I have found with all motels in the Crest is the "no smoking" policy. I have absolutely no objection to "NO SMOKING" in all the rooms and am not a "no smoking" fanatic. Everyone has their right to light up, no problem. But basically what the policy does is force every smoker to sit outside their room for hours on end smoking on their balconies or seating areas. It has happened in the past 5 years and sort of takes away from those who want to enjoy sitting outside their room after a long day/night and relax. In fact, there are more smokers out there than if you did not have this policy, that is where I have my own issues. I do wish there was a designated smokers area that allowed people who do not smoke to enjoy their time outside. But I am probably fighting an uphill battle so I will have to just deal with it although I wish I didn't.
Coming for so long we've eaten everywhere and are not pretentious. We typically take out - this time we liked the chowders (lobster bisque and new england clam) and crab cakes at 'Lil Kurtz (a great place for take-out) and the italian dishes at Carini's. The Gelato are Marcelo's was excellent and breakfast at the Sand Castle was good as usual but the cost at $36 for three was almost more than take-out for dinners. But a rite of passage.

Overall come to the Crest to enjoy the beaches, they are the big hit here. Tolerate the rooms and funky motels, it is part of the lure and don't sweat the small stuff. I just wish the smoking policy would change. Love to sit out on my balcony area after a long day and unwind....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We just returned from a trip to the Saratoga Inn. Hotel is very clean. The location is great and out of the way of the hustle and bustle of Wildwood....but still close enough to get to the boardwalk. Though it is not directly on the Ocean, with no Ocean Views...you do not have to cross the Street to get to the Ocean....it is only a few short seconds away. When you have little ones, this is important. The pool is super clean and the staff is friendly. It is very nice that they have an eatery on site. The kids loved getting an ice cream cone after a dip in the pool. I thought the prices were a bit high for breakfast and lunch, though. My only other complaint is the beds are not comfortable at all! Because we traveled with extended family, we rented the room with a kitchen. We thougth it slept 5, but it was not a comfortable fit. As, I said the sleeping arrangements were uncomfortable. The bed in the bedroom looked to be about a full size, with our feet hanging off the bed (we are small people) and the pull out sofa bed was back breaking. My brother and his family had a great room with two queen beds....they were very comfortable. The room was much larger than the one we had with the kitchen.
I still give this hotel a 4 star due to the cleaness of it and the family atmosphere. I will give it another try, as the children loved it! And as a parent, what makes my children happy, makes me happy....plus finding a hotel that is clean is top on my list.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

After having a horrible experience at another motel, we drove around till we found a place that had vacancy. We found this place, which Im surprised that Im the first to right a review. This motel was in a perfect, quiet location in Wildwood NJ. It wasnt ocean front but there is 1 room that has an ocean view and its their luxury suite. This was the room that we stayed in and the room was very, very clean. Beds were comfortable. Had a microwave, toaster, fridge, 2 tv's and more. There is a coffee shop on site that has excellent breakfast, lunches and ice cream at a good price. Pool was very clean and big enough for everyone to enjoy. When we checked out, they told us that we didnt have to leave the property, we enjoyed a couple more hrs on the beach and their pool. They have an outside restroom that is very clean that we were allowed to change in. All and all, this was a great weekend getaway and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Saratoga Inn? Share your experiences!