“Need to update” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3400 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #59 of 77 hotels in Wildwood
“Need to update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel and the price can't be beat, but the room and the service need to some serious updating. The tile ceiling in the bathroom was falling down and the toilet takes forever to flush. You have to hold the handle down for about a minute. We found long hairs in the bathtub that did not belong to us and dead insects on the window sills. I did not like the tile floors in the room at all, it made the room feel slimy and dirty. The coffee pot didn't come with coffee (wth??) and there were no tissues or shampoo that usually comes with a room. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. Ok for a 1-2 day stay, but that's it. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed July 2013

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Lawn, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

To start with the positives, the location is great, only a block from the boardwalk, but that is where the positives end. The manager and staff are rude and not helpful at all if you ask questions. The room felt dirty and out of date. The towels, which they give few of, are like sandpaper and the beds are uncomfortable. Next time I go to Wildwood I will be spending a little more money and get good service and a comfortable room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here now for 5 years straight. Now understand your not going to be in your room all that much being in wildwood. So on that note, the rooms are average. But the price is great. 99 bucks a night for the last week of June is awesome. The new tile floors are nice but you can feel the sand on the floors if your walking barefoot in the room. Which is common cause your at the beach. Overall, like I said, the room is average. Now, what disappointed me the most was the rusty rudder restaurant attached to the hotel. What a rip off and so impersonal it's not even funny. Anyways, we went for breakfast the first day. You pay before you eat now. You have to get your own silverware and tell them before you even sit down what you want to drink. The sign and in the past was always a huge buffet stating 37 items for breakfast. This was not the case at all. Probably tops 12. So we ate are breakfast I asked for another cup of coffee. The server if that's what you want to call him. Goes to the kitchen and bring me out another cup. Which was weird since their is a coffee station right as you walk in. But ok, so I put my cream and sugar in and take a sip....ice cold! I tell the server about the coffee thinking hey he will get it from the coffee station right in the front. Nope! Back to the kitchen he went came out with a cup of coffee which was so hot you could tell it was in the microwave I couldn't even pick up the cup it was so hot. So obviously they gave me old coffee twice. Just terrible. So everyday we have been going to the red oak right behind the hotel. And it is great! So much to choose from the staff was really nice and made you feel right at home. And the food is outstanding. Thr BEST Buffet style breakfast in wildwood!

Anyways, the hotel is average. The restaurant below the rusty rudder, terrible. Stay away from there. The pool being only 4 feet deep is fine. I like this hotel so ill be back next year with my family.

• Stayed June 2013
Westampton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My mother and step-dad (who are senior citizens) took my special needs niece to WW with her special needs Girl Scout group. The rooms were smelled, the beds were VERY uncomfortable, they gave enough towels for one person. My mother asked If she could stay for just one night because the conditions were horrible. The tyrant, cold hearted manager refused. So much for being hospitible. My niece is 75 lbs. and the "manager" said,"how old is she?" my mom could have lied but told the truth, 17 yrs old. quickly the cold hearted, ruthless manager added another $20.00 to the bill! Are they that hard up for money? This dump is for teenagers that party, not for mature, classy people. The women who claimed to be the manager needs a hear transplant, because she could care less that good people, paying good money were duped. This place is a dump, and the bad attitude of the manager reflects that sentiment. So much for a friendly welcome to the beginning of the summer, especially after hurricane Sandy. Save your money and stay at a professionally ran hotel where hospitality is key. I will also write the better business beauro, and the WW Chamber of Commerce, what a pitiful hotel, and manager.

Room Tip: My tip, is find a realy hotel, and use trip advisor...buyer beware, study the reviews. Some hotel o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was at this motel the weekend of May 16th, 2013. Unfortunately, we did not know that it was senior week for high school students and the Bay Terrace rents rooms to these kids. There was a cop posted on the third floor pool level, another one on the second level parking and yet another one was in the lobby and they were there the entire weekend. Next year we will make sure the motel we pick does not rent to mostly underage kids on their own. The rooms were just ok, they were clean but the curtain over the sliding doors was hanging off. We had stayed here many many years ago and stop going when the then owners did not own it anymore because it was just not the same. Thought we would again give it a chance but we would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ellenville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at Beach Terrace atleast once per summer, every summer , for my whole life. I am 26 years old now. I could not imagine going to Wildwood and staying somewhere else. Beach Terrace is in the perfect location, one block from the middle of the boardwalk. Every room has a balcony with boardwalk view. A few years ago they did undergo renovations which brought along a few changes. Nice new floors in every room. Like i said, I've stayed here over 30 times in my 26 years of living and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Wildwood. My daughter is 2 years old and already has been there 4 times. I have no complaints about Beach Terrace, especially compared to the rest of the hotels around town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The only good thing about this motel is the location. Last time I stayed they gave us the room with no stove which is not what we payed for and the pool was green. When we complained they said " We gave you the right room! And you can walk two blocks to the isle of palms to swim." I will never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beach Terrace Motor Inn? Share your experiences!