“Amazing place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Resort & Suites

You added Riviera Resort & Suites to your Saves list
Riviera Resort & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3920 Ocean Avenue, Spencer & Ocean Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“Amazing place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

it was a rough beginning but in the end it all worked out. My jacuzzi room was amazing. Very clean. Great view of everything. The deck was great to sit on at night. The staff was great. It was prom weekend and loved the fact that my daughter n 2 of her friends had a phone issue n the office had no problem with the girls coming by me so I can fix the issue. The pool n outdoor jacuzzi was a bit chilly but it was still great to sit out in the sun. They were both very clean as well. Love the fact the outdoor jacuzzi is for adults only. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone. If you had any questions the staff tried to help no matter what. Best part was the boardwalk was right there with the rides, dunkin donuts was right there on the boardwalk. Walking distance to many of the best restaurants down there and even if you needed medicine right aid was 2 blocks away. Wawa was right up the road as well. It is a great convenience to everything you need or want to do right in the heart of Wildwood. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place was great! It is located 1 block from the boardwalk right between Morey's Peer and Adventure Peer. Heated swimming pool, off-street parking and free coffee. We were upgraded from standard motel room to one of the 2 bedroom suites. The suite was on 2nd floor with private balcony to sit and relax and enjoy the ocean breeze. It was fully stocked with dishes, pots and pans, dishwasher, microwave, etc. The suite was very clean. 3 flat panel televisions was very nice! I will definitely be going back !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very cute and clean accommodations.
Extremely gracious staff. From the management to housekeeping.
They made our stay very comfortable and easy and were extremely helpful in all aspects. A+++
We would love to come back again and esp that they are so close to all the attractions.

Stayed May 2014
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have been staying here for almost 9 years. The owners are wonderful and it's always nice to chat with them, We actually meet our best friends here almost 6 years ago during bike week. The pool is amazing and we have stayed in all of the room types.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have stayed at the Riviera two years in a row and plan to keep coming back. Couldn't ask for better staffing! They are genuine and want to do everything they can to make your stay the best. They are so helpful in so many ways...lets see, where do I start....the front desk staff will help you find nice places to eat, offered to hold my room keys while we went to the beach and boardwalk (great for me because I don't have that fear of losing the keys!), they know the area very well (helped me find a laundromat and a pharmacy) and they always have a genuine smile on their face...THEY REALLY DO WANT TO MAKE YOUR STAY THE BEST! The cleaning staff is to be commended as well. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I am a single mom and travel with my teenage son. I stay in the one bedroom mini-suite and it has a small sofa that can fold down to a bed. When the cleaning staff realized that my son was sleeping on the fold down sofa, I would return to find the sofa bed made up with sheets and blankets and looking very welcoming to him. Not a hint of sand in the room. Smelling clean, bed made to perfection.....what a great feeling to a hard working single mom. The pool is nice and it even has a little whirlpool sitting tub (is same temp as the pool so not a hot tub), it is a nice relaxing place to sit and unwind. You can see the boardwalk from the hotel....literally a 30 second walk to the boardwalk and beach. It is right near a ride/game pier. It has a safe and plenty of closet space, as well as a nice pantry closet to store food, etc. It feels very safe to stay there...which is a fear I have being a single mom traveling. They even give you a bracelet to wear on the property to keep other people from coming to use their pools, etc. It is kept looking nice by not allowing towels over the railings. Again want to bring up how great the staff is!!!!!!! In being fair I am trying to think of the negatives and it is hard to come up with any. If I have to say anything negative I guess it might be that the check out is 10 am..... with my experience at Wildwood, ALL the hotels check out at 10 AM, so I can't really hold that against them. They don't offer shampoo or conditioner, but I travel with my own, so that doesn't really matter either (they do give you plenty of great smelling soap though). The bed wasn't the most comfortable hotel bed I have stayed in, I guess if I had to make a complaint it would be for a more comfortable mattress....but really, it's not a complaint. I do usually travel with a plug in griddle to cook up some eggs in the mornings, or fry up grilled cheese....quick and easy hot meals, and unless you have an efficiency room (which I don't) you are not allowed to use the hot plate in the room. I guess I really can't complain about that either because they are protecting my safety and the safety of other guests. Really hard to come up with a legitimate complaint. The rooms are maintained well, up to date, nice tv's, internet, A/C keeps it comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel....but I almost hate to do so because I want to keep it a secret so I can always get a room there!!! Hope this was helpful, and if the staff at the Riviera is reading this.....JOB WELL DONE....AND THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Have stayed in the same room both times I have stayed, but the one bedroom mini-suite is great....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family has been staying at the Riviera for over 40 years. Family owned and operated, immaculate, always making improvements from year to year. Centrally located and one half block from the beach and boardwalk attractions walking distance to many great restaurants. I would never stay anywhere else when visiting Wildwood. Came down one summer without reservations and could only get a few days there had to finish up at another hotel and had a hard time finding a match for the money, cleanliness and the convenience. Love it!!! and so does everyone we have ever suggested this place to!

Room Tip: The private balcony room are always nice. But through the years we probably have stayed in all type...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

It is a very nice motel and is very close to the boardwalk. The walk literally was about 1 minute. I didn't mind not being right on the boardwalk. They had a great staff that were willing to help with anything I asked. The parking was secure, just remember to park behind a guest that stays parked to avoid moving your vehicle a lot. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking.

Stayed August 2013

Been to Riviera Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!