“Family friendly motel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Family friendly motel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My family and I have been staying at The Fountain Motel every summer since 2008. We love it there. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and well kept; yes a bit small, but we're not in the room all that much anyway that's all we need. The pool is spotless, the owner is always cleaning it. It's close to the beach and boardwalk and really reasonably priced for Wildwood. Can't wait to go for vacation in July!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Was given a room at the side of the road.. was not ideal, but not too bad either.
Few blocks away from the beach, theres a liquor store across the block -

nice and clean.. a few spiders, but its the beach, what you gonna do.

Overall good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We are extremely greatful for the time that we spend at the Fountain Motel. The rooms are clean and there are very good accomodations. If there is ever a probem, the hotel owners are happy to oblige your request. Each year since the mid 1990's we have stayed at the hotel; in part becasue the family atmosphere is superior. We LOVE going to a hotel where the rates are reasonable, the rooms are clean and accomodating and the staff is friendly and helpful. After a LONG year in NYC what more can you ask for when you want to have a GREAT vacation...a visit to the FOUNTAIN MOTEL!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night this week. I feel slightly ripped off. Total cost ended up being around $115 after including taxes (got the "August Special" so I don't know what the usual cost is). The price isn't what bothered me though, as it was in-season down the shore. What bothered me was what I got for the price...a phone booth of a room and a crawl space of a bathroom. The room was smaller than any dorm room I had during college. The room consisted of a double bed, which took up almost all of the space, a small table a chair set (completely unecessary), a dresser with tv on top, small micro/fridge, and a single bar to hang clothes on with about 4 hangers. There was barely any room to move in the room and NO room to move in the bathroom. The bathroom was a stall shower, sink and toilet. My boyfriend and I tried to brush our teeth at the same time in the morning and clunked heads...it was that tiny! If it had been more that one night I would have been pretty angry. It was definitely over priced for what you got.

I can't complain about the cleanliness. Both the bathroom and room itself were clean and did not have any sort of smells to them. However, there were dated and the shower curtain had some mildew around the rings. The towels, on the other hand, had A LOT of hairs stuck in them, which grossed me out (this is more of a problem with the hotel's laundry service than the hotel itself). The one thing I really did enjoy about the room was the small front deck. We had a street side room that included a shared deck and since no one was staying next door we had the whole thing to ourselves. Much nicer than the usual balcony. Probably the only positive about the room. The place is good for one night, but would be very uncomfortable for two. However for the cost, I'm certain you could find something a little better.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows. The ones is the room are hard.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fountailmotel, Owner at Fountain Motel, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for your comment. It sounds like you may not be familiar with Seashore Properties. The bed is a queen size bed and the bathroom is small. When the room is reserved we decribe the way it looks. The other items that you think are not needed are needed by many other customers and conventions. We have many rooms and they are all different in size. If you wanted a bigger room we could of moved you, but the price changes. If you where not satisfied with the room you could of came to the office and told us and we could see what we could have done for you. We try to keep everyone happy.
Salem, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I love this hotel. The rooms are clean, the pool is fun and parking is private. One block to the beach, saves on parking fees. The staff is friendly and helpful. The price is great!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The staff at the fountain are always so helpful in making sure that you have every thing you need in the motel. Fully Stock with Pots pans Dishes and silverware, and anything else you need in the house, Well it does feel like a house because I have everything right there.
Also the location is great just one block from the Boardwalk. Another great thing is the pool there is cleaned every morning. Very clean Maid service every day.
Over all I Love the fountain Motel as do my family we all stay there when ever were in wildwoods. And I am Peaches48@aol.com

Room Tip: Rooms 4 through 12 are pool side if you like sitting near the water.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

I had planned this weekend getaway only a few days prior to traveling, so I knew it would be a challenge to find a decent room anywhere in wildwood this time of year. I called many motels with no luck. Then I found fountain motel. I called and asked for a ground floor so I wouldnt have a problem with my toddler's stroller. They said they were almost completely booked but have something. Sure enough they found something. I figured maybe they may just be saying that, but when I arrived I realized it was pretty packed. The owner is on location until at least 10pm which is when the pool is open til. By all means it's not a 5-star hotel or anything, but it is clean, maintained daily as I've personally witnessed two housekeepers knock on every room each of the 3 days I stayed there. The A/C's are outdated, but I'll tell you, they were strong. The pool was clean and heated which was convenient for my 14 month old. Overall the experience was great and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Fountain Motel? Share your experiences!