“Loved it! They care about their customers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starfire Motel

Starfire Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Starfire Motel
You added Starfire Motel to your Saves list
5100 Ocean Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #10 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“Loved it! They care about their customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Starfire Motel is very cute with comfortable rooms and a great location. Located near one end of the boardwalk closer to the convention center, it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from the water, but in an area that's not too crowded. The best part of the motel is the staff. Family owned, they really care about the comfort of their customers and will take care of you with a smile on their face. Friendly and fun, I would recommend this motel to anyone planning on staying just a night or a week in Wildwood!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

This place and the staff are EXCEPTIONAL!! We stayed with 5 grands. Very clean, very convenient on the quiet end, near the beach with a beautiful ocean view, the pool is clean and beautiful, friendly people. There's a grill near the pool your family can use, really a nice place to enjoy Wildwood, a great value and a wise choice. We will come back.

• Stayed June 2011
Bronx, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My family and I liked the hotel. It was clean and it the owners were nice. My son wants to spend his vacation here every year!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Starfire this summer. It is one of the doo wop motels. The price is very reasonable compared to others in the area. It is located very near to the beach and boardwalk. The staff is very friendly and helpful. What surprised us was how quiet the rooms are. All the entrances to the rooms are from the exterior - no noisy hallways like modern motels. The old construction must be vastly superior to todays methods. A family with several young children stayed in the room next to ours. We never heard them when we were in our room. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
tiamarianj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

This year will be our 5th year @ Starfire, usually over Labor Day Weekend. My parents stayed there too in '07 & '08. We always have lots of fun at the pool and grilling. The owners are great. The main part of the boardwalk is a hike from the motel, but that doesn't bother us and if you want, just wait for the tram. Bike rental is right near by and entrance to the beach w/ the bathroom and shower to rinse right there. The convention center is right there too. There is a fridge and microwave in every room so you can bring milk and cereal for breakfast, drinks and quick snacks to help save expenses. They put out a coffee cart in the morning and you can get internet-just ask. It is a great classic beach motel and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

I've been staying at the Starfire Motel since I was 12. I'm now 30. I grew up going there with my parents and some of their friends and kids. Now I'm 30 with a family of my own, and we continue to stay here year after year. My kids are 5 and 5 months now, and they enjoy it as well. The ownership has changed hands a few times over the past 18 years, but the service remains good. Is it a big highrise resort? NO! It's a quaint, clean, quiet place to stay with your family. It's a block to 2 from the very southern end of the boardwalk, and sits on Ocean Ave just behind the boardwalk. There are no obstructions between the Motel and the boardwalk, so, if you get a room on the 2nd floor, you can still see the ocean. The pool is always clean, the rooms are well maintained, and if there is something wrong, the owners always fix it for you as quickly as they can. There is a nice surf shop across the street and a place to rent bikes. It is a bit of a walk to the games and rides on the boardwalk, but thats what the tram car is for. If you don't want the tram, it's a enjoyable walk. The best part of the walk is at the end of the night. It tires out the kids, that way when you get back to the room, they are ready for bed. That gives mom and dad a few moments of peace, maybe even enough time to have a cocktail. My family and I will continue to frequent this Motel for many years to come.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Starfire Motel? Share your experiences!