“Pet friendly, very clean and right in front of the beach!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rus Mar Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Rus Mar Motel
You added Rus Mar Motel to your Saves list
5010 Ocean Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
new jersey
“Pet friendly, very clean and right in front of the beach!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Rus Mar Motel is a great deal for the price. This is an extremely clean, pet-friendly hotel, which is hard to find. The location is excellent, right in front of the beach and the Wildwood Convention Center. The hotel is no frills but has everything, including a kitchenette. It wasn't loud at night even though almost every room had a dog.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed two nights. Its a great, clean, very pet friendly, close to everything motel. Could see the ocean and the boardwalk from the balcony. What impressed us most was the kind caring manager Ed. It was wonderful to see theres still places out there with managers that care about their customers!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Millstone Township, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My daughters, dogs, & I stayed at the Rus Mar for the last 3 years. Each year it gets better and better! Very, very clean. Ideal location across from boardwalk & beach. Nice to be staying with other pet people, Manager is always responsive to our needs. Met the owners this year; very nice people, committed to continuos improvements. Wildwood is my happy place. If all the other hotels became pet friendly, I would still chose to stay at the Rus Mar!. Wish it was always summer, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Parkville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I needed a dog friendly place to stay at Wildwood NJ. ( Not many to be found ) found the Rus Mar! It was very clean - close to anything you needed. Just across from the beach and boardwalk. Management was great to us. Would gladly stay there in future!!!

Nottingham, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed with our dog. We had a top floor room that made it a little difficult to take her outside to potty. Also not alot of grass around had to walk her a little far away. The doors were thin and you could hear everything through them, including the other barking dogs..one would start they would all start.

The rooms are on the small side and it would be snug if you were there with more than two people. Overall it was really nice and the owner was nice too!

We would come back!

Room Tip: If you have pets try to get one on the ground level.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

WONDERFUL. I can't say enough good things about this hotel! Awesome, helpful staff. Clean, clean, clean. Great location. You never would be able to tell they take pets. Ed is wonderful. Very friendly, very helpful. We have found a new place to stay every year!!

Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

From the first phone call, I felt this was going to be a great stay! I spoke with Ed; and we began to plan what I needed. My husband and I were coming for 6 days with 2 large dogs. I needed to do some work; so internet access was a must! Ed spent multiple hours to make sure that the DSL router was functional and even came in on his day off to triple check that I was able to log on. Whatever I needed, he, Anna or Kate was quick to get!

As for the accommodations... they are very clean, we know the comforters and sheets were clean, because they smelled so fresh! The tile floor made sweeping up a breeze, too! The mini fridge had a little freezer compartment, which helped me refreeze the portable ice squares I brought. I was able to put up an XXL Crate and still have room around the 2 beds in place. The shower was tall enough... phew! An added bonus when we came back to the room at night, was that my husband could access a specific NASCAR channel :)

Conveniently located across the street from the beach, access to the boardwalk was a breeze! We were also centrally located to quite a few restaurants and Ice Cream!!

When looking for a place to accept pets, I am often prepared to compromise on quality and cleanliness - even staff support; in order to accomodate my needs. What a pleasant surprise to not have to give on anything...a treasure of a place and extremely friendly and hardworking staff!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rus Mar Motel? Share your experiences!