“Clean and close to beach” 4 of 5 stars

Casa del Sole Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4109 Ocean Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #61 of 76 hotels in Wildwood
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Clean and close to beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This motel is clean and definitely right near the action in Wildwood. We stayed there on one of the busiest weekends of the summer. The owner is very nice and helpful. Only drawback is the pool closes early. Would be nice if it Stayed open later.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sole Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Hello and thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write your review, we appreciate your feedback and value your comments. It was a great pleasure to read how satisfied you were during your stay with us and how much you enjoyed it! We pride ourselves in providing the best service we can possibly offer and we appreciate when our guests reach out to us to give us their feedback. Your right our location is the BEST.

Thank you as well for your comments regarding the pool hours. Unfortunately, we must allow sufficient time for the pool to properly clean and get balanced out chemically speaking for the next day. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future and feel free to contact me directly when you return, thank you again for staying with us!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This motel is convieniently located just off the boardwalk a block from the convention center. It is close to the rides and beach and a few really good restaurants on the boardwalk. The rooms are always clean and ready when you check in and the staff could not be friendlier. If you need anything the staff is wonderful for trying to help you with your needs. I personally have handicap needs and they work with us to make my stay as easy as possible. My children enjoy the nice pool they have and each year we return we notice how they are updating the hotel to make things nicer for the guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sole Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hello! Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your comments and value your feedback. It is very satisfying to see these comments about our property, it makes us very proud when we receive feedback like this as we work hard to provide the best service possible! Thank you as well for taking time to write your in depth review and for staying with us at the Casa del Sol Motel. Hope to see you SOON!!

Dallas, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

to start off with you had to go across the street to register ,manger office at casa del sol was never open when you needed them . rooms , tile floor needed a good cleaning , the parking was horrible , would get a note on hotel door to move our car , they had double parking ,one car behind the other , very poor parking situation . the mangement was the worse very rude , if i didnt have a deposit already paid and reservations i would have gone elsewere , good things hotel was behind boardwalk thats it

Room Tip: read the reviews ,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to submit your review of our property, we appreciate your feedback.
If possible, I would like the opportunity to have a more detailed conversation with you regarding your experience at our property. I wish there were more that could be done to address the parking. Please accept my apologies for your inconveniences and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience here at the property to discuss further. 609-729-2727

New Castle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The lady up at the front was very nice to start off with. The prices are pretty good given the location of the place. It is a little old and you can tell when coming. The parking, as mentioned, is a little sketchy, but remember where you are.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Craig and thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback!! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had outstanding interactions with the front desk staff. We will make sure we commend her on their continuing great service!! Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!

Leslie, Property Mangager
Levittown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Clean with an accommodating manager is the only good thing I can say for this hotel. The review that said $50 room for $200 was right. Maybe worth $120, considering location, for families on a tight budget. Parking is a mess. The decor--converted garage filled with crammed, particle board furniture; textured plaster walls, dark and depressing with minimal, ancient lighting. No update since...never? There's no closet or place to store suitcases. The whole place is about 15 x 18; borderline comfort on beds, tiny bathroom/sink & vanity on outside housing mini fridge and microwave; old TV; NO AMENITIES -- 2 tiny, cheap soap bars on arrival, three thin plastic drinking cups -- no replacements in 3-night stay! 2'x4' thread-bare towels; That's it. No shampoo. No hair dryer. This is the 2000's not the '60s. Tiny pool, no handrail on tiny corner steps. The outside rinse off is a garden hose. If you're on this site, you're doing your homework. There are so many places in Wildwood that are updated or maintained and give you amenities, space and pleasing decor for the same or less money. This insulting rip-off takes top dollar for bottom-line accommodation. Don't go there! Keep looking!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sole Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are a motel and as such, we do not provide daily sheet changes. But we do change the sheets after each guest checks outs. I am glad you found the room to be clean and staff helpful. We appreciate your comments and are always looking for areas to improve.
Charlotte Hall, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

First they told us one price and charged another The room once we got inside was a 50. dollar a night place for 205. dollar. We had made res. Upon arrival we parked in the space at the door of the room. We came out of the room later to go meet friends. and we were blocked in with what they call double parking . I went to the office to ask for help getting one of their other guest to move -This started a three hour affair which ended in nothing being done . Our first night totally ruined. I informed them I was going to move somewhere else. That I wanted my money back for the remainder of the res. they refused ., They had the property across the street so I ask to be moved there, they said no even though there sign said vac. I said I'm not going to stay in a place that treats their customers that way. They did not help and didn't care. I found another hotel that night. I called my cc co. When I got into the room to take a shower Two people could not be in the bathroom without bumping into each other. The room was dirty, no phone, no night stand, floors dirty. Sofa smelled. all this in the Jr. Suite for $ 205.75 a night . The hotel I found while walking 100.00 cheaper and 100% better. I will never stay there. even though I will have to dispute this charge with my credit card co. It was worth the move. We stayed there August 2012.

Room Tip: Don't stay there if you want to enjoy Wildwood NJ
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
First I must address the fact that you were charged the exact price you were given. In addition to recieving an email confirmation. Plus you signed the paper work after knowing what was being charged. I would like to apologize if you were unable to move your car due to the fact that you were blocked in. But, the staff did offer to give you a ride to and from / supply you money for transportation and all options were refused by you Mr. Tony. Thank you for addressing your concerns with us hopefully you will give us another chance.

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I spent one night there and it was miserable.  We never been to wildwood so we gave it a shot.  Not only was the room disgusting with multiple flies in the room, the parking was ridiculous, had to go accross the street for the office, and the bed felt like it might fall through to the floor... Their service was despicable! We left a few items in the room after we checked out and didn't noticed until later that night after we returned home. We called them and they gave us a round about answer that house keeping didn't report anything.  We continued to call and leave messages with no response (continued to say we would pay for them to be shipped to our house).  Finally I was so annoyed that I sent an emailed to find out how this could have happened to get a condescending phone call. The lady on the phone was extremely rude and unhelpful! She ASSUMED that the maids threw out our bag saying it was trash... But of course they also said it was never reported that anything was in there at all.  The bag had 5 hand made artsy lawn yard steaks that we bought for family and they were clean still with the price tag on them... NOTHING like trash! They also "threw out" a brand new scale in the box!  I continued to explain to her what I was talking about and not understanding how ANYONE could find that to be trash but instead of making things better the lady continued to say "what can I do, I asked them but they keep saying they didn't see anything"! They either hire incompetent people or thieves! They also never offered to replace the items... I have never stayed at a place that didn't even TRY to make things right with their customers.  I would never stay there again!!!! BEWARE if you are going to waste your money at this place (pay more and go somewhere else- I wish I did!!!!!!!) Now I am out almost 50$ and the merchandise (not to add the motel being highly over priced)  because they don't know how to run a business!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Day and Thank you for your review. At the Casa del Sol, we are given the tools and ability to enhance the experiences of all our guest. As we make physical changes to fulfill that fresh star rating, we currently are working on enhancing all of our services to meet and exceed those ratings. I apologize the bed was not nearly as comfortable as would have liked. I am sorry your bag was misplaced. Our maids have turned in things as small as earings, to phones, ipods, and if they came across lawn ornaments they would have given it to me. We don't even have yards here. It does them no good to keep the items you have mentioned. Maybe it was left next to your car while packing or something else. As we enhance our property, we invite you to give us another chance to create an experience and not just another stay. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel if you wish to discuss this matter further.
Leslie, Property Manager

Been to Casa del Sole Motel? Share your experiences!