“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
New Castle
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The lady up at the front was very nice to start off with. The prices are pretty good given the location of the place. It is a little old and you can tell when coming. The parking, as mentioned, is a little sketchy, but remember where you are.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hello Craig and thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback!! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had outstanding interactions with the front desk staff. We will make sure we commend her on their continuing great service!! Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!

Leslie, Property Mangager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Clean with an accommodating manager is the only good thing I can say for this hotel. The review that said $50 room for $200 was right. Maybe worth $120, considering location, for families on a tight budget. Parking is a mess. The decor--converted garage filled with crammed, particle board furniture; textured plaster walls, dark and depressing with minimal, ancient lighting. No update since...never? There's no closet or place to store suitcases. The whole place is about 15 x 18; borderline comfort on beds, tiny bathroom/sink & vanity on outside housing mini fridge and microwave; old TV; NO AMENITIES -- 2 tiny, cheap soap bars on arrival, three thin plastic drinking cups -- no replacements in 3-night stay! 2'x4' thread-bare towels; That's it. No shampoo. No hair dryer. This is the 2000's not the '60s. Tiny pool, no handrail on tiny corner steps. The outside rinse off is a garden hose. If you're on this site, you're doing your homework. There are so many places in Wildwood that are updated or maintained and give you amenities, space and pleasing decor for the same or less money. This insulting rip-off takes top dollar for bottom-line accommodation. Don't go there! Keep looking!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are a motel and as such, we do not provide daily sheet changes. But we do change the sheets after each guest checks outs. I am glad you found the room to be clean and staff helpful. We appreciate your comments and are always looking for areas to improve.
Charlotte Hall, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

First they told us one price and charged another The room once we got inside was a 50. dollar a night place for 205. dollar. We had made res. Upon arrival we parked in the space at the door of the room. We came out of the room later to go meet friends. and we were blocked in with what they call double parking . I went to the office to ask for help getting one of their other guest to move -This started a three hour affair which ended in nothing being done . Our first night totally ruined. I informed them I was going to move somewhere else. That I wanted my money back for the remainder of the res. they refused ., They had the property across the street so I ask to be moved there, they said no even though there sign said vac. I said I'm not going to stay in a place that treats their customers that way. They did not help and didn't care. I found another hotel that night. I called my cc co. When I got into the room to take a shower Two people could not be in the bathroom without bumping into each other. The room was dirty, no phone, no night stand, floors dirty. Sofa smelled. all this in the Jr. Suite for $ 205.75 a night . The hotel I found while walking 100.00 cheaper and 100% better. I will never stay there. even though I will have to dispute this charge with my credit card co. It was worth the move. We stayed there August 2012.

Room Tip: Don't stay there if you want to enjoy Wildwood NJ
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
First I must address the fact that you were charged the exact price you were given. In addition to recieving an email confirmation. Plus you signed the paper work after knowing what was being charged. I would like to apologize if you were unable to move your car due to the fact that you were blocked in. But, the staff did offer to give you a ride to and from / supply you money for transportation and all options were refused by you Mr. Tony. Thank you for addressing your concerns with us hopefully you will give us another chance.

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I spent one night there and it was miserable.  We never been to wildwood so we gave it a shot.  Not only was the room disgusting with multiple flies in the room, the parking was ridiculous, had to go accross the street for the office, and the bed felt like it might fall through to the floor... Their service was despicable! We left a few items in the room after we checked out and didn't noticed until later that night after we returned home. We called them and they gave us a round about answer that house keeping didn't report anything.  We continued to call and leave messages with no response (continued to say we would pay for them to be shipped to our house).  Finally I was so annoyed that I sent an emailed to find out how this could have happened to get a condescending phone call. The lady on the phone was extremely rude and unhelpful! She ASSUMED that the maids threw out our bag saying it was trash... But of course they also said it was never reported that anything was in there at all.  The bag had 5 hand made artsy lawn yard steaks that we bought for family and they were clean still with the price tag on them... NOTHING like trash! They also "threw out" a brand new scale in the box!  I continued to explain to her what I was talking about and not understanding how ANYONE could find that to be trash but instead of making things better the lady continued to say "what can I do, I asked them but they keep saying they didn't see anything"! They either hire incompetent people or thieves! They also never offered to replace the items... I have never stayed at a place that didn't even TRY to make things right with their customers.  I would never stay there again!!!! BEWARE if you are going to waste your money at this place (pay more and go somewhere else- I wish I did!!!!!!!) Now I am out almost 50$ and the merchandise (not to add the motel being highly over priced)  because they don't know how to run a business!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Day and Thank you for your review. At the Casa del Sol, we are given the tools and ability to enhance the experiences of all our guest. As we make physical changes to fulfill that fresh star rating, we currently are working on enhancing all of our services to meet and exceed those ratings. I apologize the bed was not nearly as comfortable as would have liked. I am sorry your bag was misplaced. Our maids have turned in things as small as earings, to phones, ipods, and if they came across lawn ornaments they would have given it to me. We don't even have yards here. It does them no good to keep the items you have mentioned. Maybe it was left next to your car while packing or something else. As we enhance our property, we invite you to give us another chance to create an experience and not just another stay. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel if you wish to discuss this matter further.
Schenectady
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I booked my hotel for this trip with travelocity and was very disappointed. First: I was told by Travelocity that my total bill would be $845.63, however, when I arrived to check-in at the hotel, the desk clerk tried to charge me $100.00 more because he said Travelocity made an error and that they were supposed to charge me $215.00 a night, well when I refused to pay this extra amount, he adjusted the bill but said I still needed to pay a $40.00 Travelocity convenience fee. So, I ended up paying: $882.44 in person. Then the room was horrible and they declined to give me a refund for the three nights additional I paid for after we were not happy the first night. Nothing in the room worked right and none of the info from the details about the hotel were right. The toilet was broken, the tub plug was totally missing, the details said there was dishes and utensils included, which there was not, we thought we were getting a room with at least a coffee maker by the hotel details, we did not, the room we got for four people was way too small for two adults and two kids for four nights, boy and girl had to sleep together. The room was not as clean as it should be either, the box spring cover was filthy and the linen had hair on it. We were never asked what type of room we would like to have. Instead of giving me a refund for the next three nights as requested, they made us go to a 'sister' hotel which basically was the same type of room where we never had any room service for our linen or cleaning and the remote did not work, and there was no parking spots left the last night we were there and was forced to park on the road which incurred us a $35 parking ticket.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I am glad the front desk clerk took charge and assisted you accordingly. But make no mistake that is the job of the travel agent, is to make their commissions. I believe you were misguided during the entire process with the travel agent. The Deluxe Room you booked Does NOT offer a coffee maker, plates, utensils etc.. This is only supplied in the Family or Junior Suite where cooking is offered. I am sorry to hear that you aquired a ticket during your stay with us. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at 609-729-2727

Montreal, QC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We decided to do a road trip down to Wildwood and stay there for a night. We had a reservation at the Casa Del Sole for a room with 2 double-beds. The room was located on the 1st floor which is also the motel parking. The room was clean, small and ok for a short stay. The motel as a great location and it's almost on the boardwalk and the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Treating our guests with the highest level of hospitality, and making them happy, is our key goal.
I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to your return.

Washington Township, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I reserved a room last minute for my girls and me b/c the reviews for this hotel were so favorable. I'm sorry to say that I cannot give this a favorable review. I had to find alternate accommodations b/c I COULD not stay there with my family. It is not as clean as the reviews suggest and the pictures MUST be retouched. I generally do not say, but if you are a family wanting a NICE vacation, this is not the place. I honestly can't even rate it a 1.

Room Tip: A wise friend suggested to me to ask when the hotel/ motel was last robbed and last renovated. YOU...
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
volleyballmomPa, General Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Hello, thank you for taking time to submit your review. We truly appreciate your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied. I'd like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced.

Leslie, Proprty Manager

Been to Casa del Sol Motel? Share your experiences!