“Stayed there after Hurricane Sandy” 5 of 5 stars

Esplanade Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 E. Taylor Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Stayed there after Hurricane Sandy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I urge everyone who may be planning a trip to Wildwood, NJ to consider staying at Esplanade Suites. I just moved out today after finding comfort and friendly service there after the hurricane wiped out my home in Ocean City, NJ. The manager, Denise, contacted FEMA after this monumental disaster devastated so many communities in NJ and offered her hotel as a refuge from the ravages we suffered because of this storm. Denise and Kelly, the housekeeper, went out of their way to ensure our comfort and safety. I have attached a couple of pictures of a Christmas party held in my suite for those of us staying there. Denise even showed up to support our efforts to enjoy some lighthearted fun during this difficult time in our lives. Say thank you to the Esplanade Manager and Staff for the assistance they provided to those of us who were displaced because of Sandy, by spending your vacation dollars here. I think you will find a friendly staff, beautiful accomodations, and close proximity to the beach and boardwalk. I know I was pleased to be there and would definitely recommend my family and friends to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
denisepalek, General Manager at Esplanade Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
What can i say to you Jacky and all the rest of my new found family members;
I never expected the victims of the horrific SANDY to affect me in the ways they have, we were just opening up our doors to help everyone out for what we thought was going to be a couple of weeks, well a couple of weeks turned into almost 4 months and a number of new great friendships and extensions to my family. We spent all of the holidays together, but more importantly we went through their re-buolding their lives together, the ups & downs etc.... I remember everyone giving me the best Christmas present when it was said to me and i quote " we all thought this was going to be the worst Christmas ever but because of you and your staff and the things you did and are doing for us thru these holidays and beyond have made it one of the BEST for us, because we appreciate it more and you the most" this has left an impression on my heart and in my soul that will go to the grave with me and i hope that God forbid this ever happens again that there is a SAFE HAVEN for everyone involved, we will be always grateful for meeting all of you & having you as our guests. I'm sorry the pictures didn;t make it to post but we have our own memories and i for one will always cherish them. THANKYOU AND I wish you all the luck in the world and i hope you get your home done so you can get back to normal as quickly as possible.
Lova YA
Denise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We rented for my son’s soccer tournament and walked into the room and found a letter, candy and water. It was a NICE SURPRISE the way we were treated from the moment we arrived, to the time we departed! Many places are within walking distance and the beach was only 1 and a half blocks away.

The staff constantly asked if we needed anything. They had pretzels, coffee and plenty of candy in the office for the kiddies along with suggestions where to eat. We had such a large group that Denise (the manager) handled making all the dining plans for our Saturday night meal and we were pleased with everything at the restaurant we were sent to.

I can’t wait to go back and stay again, we were made to feel like family from Denise,Kelly & Kaila, but in reality the entire staff was so pleasant to all of our group.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
denisepalek, General Manager at Esplanade Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for all your kind words, your group was fantastic, and since you have already re-booked, we will have the honor of seeing you and your family again next year and hopefully in between.
Thanks again and it was a pleasure for sure.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over the long weekend because of the futsal regional tournament. The rooms were super clean and comfortable - much more so than the Days Inn where we stayed last year. Denise and her staff were awesome and it's an easy walk from the convention center and boardwalk!

• Stayed February 2013
denisepalek, Manager at Esplanade Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for all your kind words about me, my staff and my establishment. We all take great pride in our hotel and words like what you have written make it all worth every bit of the hard work to keep up the great reputation that we have here. We thrive on people telling us that they want to only stay here when they visit this area, that is the biggest compliment you can get in this business and i appreciate your business and look forward to your return and hopefully that will be soon.
Thanks again Sincerely
Wildwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Family came down to Wildwood and we stayed in 2 suites,at the Esplanade. Hotel staff was
great, the rooms were very clean, wish it had been warm to use the pool. We will be back
in the Summer. The Grand Kids wanted to stay and we could pick them up this summer.
Great place to stay, thank you.

Room Tip: upper rooms seem larger and quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for all your kind words. We wish your grandson could have stayed as well, we would have put him to work, hahahaha.
We so look forward to your return this June and again in October and it please us to know that you stay with us when you come to the Wildwoods and tht we are part of your decision for returning to this area again and again it helps the economy for everyone and i thanku in my community's behalf.
Sincerely
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

A weekend get away with good friends was made even better by a nice relaxing stay. The hotel manager was very accomodating!!! We cannot wait to go back and this time I will be taking the wife and kids.......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about your experiences during your stay with us. We appreciate all the feed back good and bad, fortunately for us we do get mostly good feedback from our guests and the staff and myself feel like each and everyone of you are part of our extended families now and we look forward to your return. Again thankyou for taking the time out of your busy schedule to compliment us and i print all of these and post them for the staff to see, so see yousoon!!
Sincerely
Sewell, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had a great time at Esplanade this past weekend. Hotel was so clean and everything was fresh. The staff was very friendly and accomadating to my entire family. My kids didn't want to leave! Looking forward to coming back in the summer. I recommend this hotel for any family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I thrills me to know that you had a great time at our hotel, i'm glad your kids didnt want to leave because we didnt want all of you to leave but we had to let you go ONLY because we knew you were returning again and we would get to see you again. So i thank you for all of your nice words and Say to you SEE You real soon!!
Sincerely thankful
Lawrenceville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful 3-night stay at the Esplanade. Our room was impressively clean, fresh and extremely well maintained. The staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating. Bed bugs? No sign of them whatsoever! So many of the small details provided evidence that the Esplanade cares about its guests - both the human and canine variety. We highly recommend the Esplanade!

P.S. From Bruce to Denise & Ken: Woof!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HI Carol, MaryAnn and Brucie
Sorry this responce is a little late but we have been the housing for the families and their pets that lost their homes in the Hurricane Sandy for over 3 months now and it has been very busy here with trying to help them get settled and re locate to this area, it also was a busy and fast winter and the holidays were especially busy & hard for them so we all worked hard to make it special for them and it did turn out to be very nice for all of them and their children and pets.

But i sincerely loved having you stay with us and sooooo look forward to having you all back again but especially Brucie (the KING of this castle for sure).......RUFF back at him!!
iT MAKES me smile to think we almost didnt have you because of some previous guest's commetns on here about bed bugs, and i told you to come inspect the room and if there were any problems we would gladly refund all of your money and help relocate you to another hotel. BUT WE DID NOT NEED to do that because you were soooooHAPPY with the room and us and that made our day!!!!
So it goes to show judge for yourself, and we are glad that you did, nwo we have you as our guests everytime that you visit the Wildwoods.
Thankyou very much for all your kind words and your business it is greatly appreciated.
Denise and the entire staff

Been to Esplanade Suites? Share your experiences!