“Oceanic Hotel Wildwood NJ” 3 of 5 stars

Oceanic Hotel
4600 Ocean Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #31 of 76 hotels in Wildwood
pottstown
“Oceanic Hotel Wildwood NJ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family, which consisted of myself, my husband, 2 teens and 2 children shared a double room with my daughter and her husband and baby. We had a shared kitchen and two bedrooms, two bathsrooms and a living area. Over all the experience was very good. The hotel staff are very hospitable and friendly. The hotel was clean, although outdated. The pool area was wonderful. A nice sized large pool with a hot tub and swim-up bar. Friendly atmosphere to sit and talk to others and watch your children in the pool at the same time. Good music too. We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and have never had a complaint.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Danielson, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I recently visited the Oceanic in Wildwood and had a great time. The location to the beaches and the boardwalk is fantastic. We have two teenagers and they loved the atmosphere around the hotel pool. It had energry and great music. I was concerned about there being a bar located in the hotel, and if it would be noisy or distracting. I have to say never heard any problems during our two nights we spent there. My boys actually wanted to spend another night. The rooms are average and could use some updating and new blankets. However, you are not paying to stay at the ritz. I am not saying the price is cheap, however, for the location, being that it is beach side makes the price a litte higher. I did witness several people check out while I was there and it seems they have a lot of satisfied regular customers. This was my first time to the Wildwoods, so in seeing the return customers leaving happy, led me to believe that this must be a pretty good place to stay, as they probably have more experience in the area than I do and have probablyn tried out some other places.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed there this past weekend for one night. There is no parking at all. They have a lot 2 blocks away but of course that was full too. When I complained I got there was nothing I can do response.the pool was full of drunk white trash. Do not bring kids. Me and my friends were harrased but a drunk man.the waitress was also drunk. The room was gross mold all over bathroom. The floors were damp no light bulbs in lamps. Never would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
New Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We had a child along that needed refrigerated medication. Our fridge was broken. Not only did they fix the fridge right away, they brought in a small one just for her meds. That my dear is priceless. yes the couch was old and broken down, but who needs to sit at Wildwood? The beds were great and all had good nights sleep. The room was clean and the maids are outstanding. Stayed there last month and this month and looking forward to next month.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Its wildwood - so almost every hotel by the boardward needs updating regardless how much you paid!!
Oceanic is right across from the Convention Center/boardwark. Just cross one street and you are there. It nice because you also dont have to walk a mile on the sand to get to the water because at the Convention Center there is a walkway about half the way.
The hotel is OK, it has a pool and a swim up bar. Nothing spectacular, but not too bad either. The room was clean and a decent size - but again its wildwood so you cant set your expectations really high!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shillington, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hmmm, positive things to say: price is right, location is ok and manager was pleasant and helpful. Sorry, but downhill from here: Several things in room indicative that the room was absolutely NOT cleaned between guests. FRIGHTENING!!! We had to insist on "recleaning" and were refused a refund. Rooms missing minor accommodations you might expect. Not kid friendly in my opinon. Keep in mind that the swim-up tiki bar pool is open to the public (not just motel guests) which I've just never experienced. I wouldn't have taken my kids in with the crowd of intoxicated elder parrotheads but if that's your scene and you're lucky enough to get a clean room then this might be the place for you. I should have researched better. Sadly I can't say that I would ever consider returning. I would pay double elsewhere for a comfortable stay. It almost ruined our mini vacaton ; (((

Paterson, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

great location, yes, clean rooms , yes, front desk plesant, yes. Rooms , need new sofa beds, absolutely, smell moldy, you can see they are old .Tv's, need to be updated, absolutely NO MORE VCR,TV!!! Water smelled alittle strange. Great pool and jacuzzi ,yes , but they are charging for the bar and pool , no room for the ppl who actually stayed in the hotel, to sit or use the tables to eat. next it tells you about the grill , you can only order food to pay , instead of you cooking yourself? MORE EXTRA MONEY the place is getting . PARKING , cars blocking cars in that dont stay at the hotel , just paying to use tiki bar, pool?If thats the case make lot bigger. The worker thats outside , door monitor should i say ,We got atleast asked , what room your in , when he has seen you atleast 4 to 5 times . While we were being asked , people we slipping pass that never got even asked and came in and out . The people that paid to use the tiki bar and pool , smoked while floating on rafts, getting ashes in the pool and there was plenty of children around, but the bartender and pool door monitor got upset when the kids played with the ball. Then maybe it shouldnt be a family place , People were wasted and it was 12 in the afternoon. I will not go on , but i can! Ive stayed plenty of times at the oceanic through out the years. Hasent been the best time , and it could of been , if it wasnt for poor service. SORRY TO SOUND HARSH , but this was my stay experience if yours was great , im glad , but all times arent great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oceanic Hotel? Share your experiences!