“Awful...nasty and noisy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
La La Landia
“Awful...nasty and noisy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Filthy, noisy...forget it if you are interested in getting some sleep. I would not recommend it at ANY PRICE.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Milton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

we stayed 3 days and 2 nights in this motel and i will return here every year! there were 6 of us and we were very happy with everything. the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. the room was clean and pleasant. everyhting working good. ac, fridge, microwave, etc.... all 6 of us were impressed!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Filthy rooms. Found pills near the bed where the vaccuum cleaner missed!!!
I rented a room for the night. Terrible time. Parties going on in most adjacent rooms. Deep sound of bass music. Management did not care since I paid cash and they refused to refund it or part thereof. I drove 3 hours to get there and then turned around at 4AM in the morning to come back home. Management checked their sister hotels for an opening after I waited without an answer. They only recorded my home phone number, not my cell number which I had with me. They attempted to call my home phone in PA as they had an opening. I got the message when I got home. Poor management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Derby, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I have been traveling to Wildwood NJ every year for the past 20 years. This is the first time we stayed closer to the boardwalk. My husband booked the trip as a surprise mini-honeymoon after our wedding. The hotel looks really cute and clean on the outside. Inside of the rooms is a whole different story though! Its a short beach vacation, so I wasn’t expecting anything fancy, but our room was just miserable! I have so many complaints (mostly about cleanliness) that I don't think I'll even remember to list them all!
1. The first impression of the room was that it smelled damp and musty. We had to spend as much time as possible out of the room because of the smell. It was horrible.
2. There was a strange wooden vent leading directly to outside. No cover over it or anything. You just push the wood and it opens. It can probably be easily opened from outside of the room too. Even when closed, there were huge gaps 1/2 inch gaps leading right out outside! We did complain about this and asked if there was something we could use to cover it because the bugs coming in were a problem. They sent the maintained guy to look at it and he said there was nothing he could do. I even asked if they just had a piece of wood we could use to put in front of it but they said no.
3. The sheets and bedding looked really dirty! I'm hoping that it was just stained, but even so they should just get rid of them. There were brown spotty spots that looked like dried blood. I was afraid to get under the covers. I laid on top of the blankets and used my towel to cover me.
4. Our towels were also dirty. They all had black junk on them...almost like a mechanic used them to wipe greasy hands.
5. The phone in the room did not work
6. The smoke alarm was disconnected and sitting behind the TV. We noticed it there because upon entering the room we had to plug everything in (Everything was unplugged - all the lamps, the TV, everything).
7. The refrigerator/microwave/coffee pot were filthy. I thought maybe it was stained but I was curious so I got a damp wash cloth and wiped it… the stuff washed right off. Clearly they do not spend any time cleaning these rooms.
8. There was gum stuck to the carpet in several different spots..

I could probably go on and on and on about other things, but these are the things that stood out in my mind. I don't know how the hotel has 4 stars, it is very misleading. Stay away!! You can stay down the road in a nicer motel in wildwood crest for the same price. Sure, its a little farther away, but for the cleanliness its worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsauken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

For a motel it was pretty good. I went for prom with my friends and we loved how close it is to the boardwalk. The room was big for a motel because some of my friends who were at other hotels had their bed fill up the whole room. If are there for a weekend I would recommend this motel because we had so much to do we did not even really stay. And we were dying to go in the hot tub they had, but never found the time. It was quite funny. If you want to stay for a week though I would recommend kind of recommend it. The only thing is that I tend to get very jealous of the condo's right across the street, but I did enjoy how close Wawa was.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
québec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

This is a quiet and ok hotel for the price you pay. We stayed 5 nights and staff of the hotel were nice. The room was cleaned every day in the morning. There is a pool., a spa (hot tube) , a hair dryer and BBQ. The hotel is just a minute from the boardwalk and is located on a quiet street . We'll go back next summer!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no separate rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

I have been staying at this hotel for years (7-10years) in a row, same week every year. This past year the owner, Charlie sold the motel to another buyer and things are very different. Rates went through the roof and service was not that great. We usually stay for 6 nights at a time and at one point the maid did not even come over to our room to clean until 6pm! I finally cleaned it myself. They have many restrictions! No bar-b-que after or before certain hours. Only one grill!!!! No utencil available!!!! The list goes on and on with complaints, but the one good thing is that the hotel is right next to Laura's Fudge and if you know Wildwood, you know it's right off the boardwalk. So there is no need to find parking or walk to far. Everything is real close, postoffice, buffet and even the lounge. Beach is too too far. I just drove to the crest and parked the car and walked 2 blocks. hope this feedback helps!!!

Stayed June 2006

Been to Quarterdeck Motel? Share your experiences!