“This place should be shut down, it was gross.” 1 of 5 stars

Dawn & Nova Motels
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4300 Ocean Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #55 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
Montreal, Canada
“This place should be shut down, it was gross.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very small room with obvious water damage. The room had so many flies, no matter how many we killed more kept appearing and there were different types of flies. Odd odor upon arrival but then worsened with time. To give you an idea how they do not clean: we forgot something on the night table when we left and the following day when we realized we forgot it there the clerk took us to the room which was already occupied by someone else and it was still on the night table!!!!!! The fridge contained such a foul odor we couldn't even use it to cool our water. The blankets and sheets had old stains on them and I even found two dead bugs in them. oh and even though they claim they are pet friendly but word of advise ...do not bring your dog if there is a chance that it will bark. They do not offer a refund once you pay and realize what a dump it is. I would not recommend this place to anyone despite its close proximity to the boardwalk.If you cannot book elsewhere you are better off skipping your vacation this year rather than wasting your time and money at this gross place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The location was perfect but I was not satisfied with the filthy bathroom, floor and tub. The smell of the room and the filthy stained carpet. I would not refer a friend to stay there.

• Stayed July 2011
Holt, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Parking was a trip,,,, you had to park in front or behind whichever one you were lucky to get and leave your car keys with the desk, so If someone wanted to get out that you were parked behind they would move your car. I left my keys in the hotel office every nite and some couple was at my door before 8 wanting to know if I could move my car. They had been waiting since 7 to leave and the hotel wouldnt come and move my car until 8. 8:10 finally someone came and let me get the keys so these nice people could leave. Bed also had a sway you would see on some horses. We won't be back. The only nice thing was it was right across the street from the boardwalk.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Just spent a 3 day weekend here. And to be honest it wasn't bad at all. The location was great, in 10 seconds you can be at the beach and boardwalk! The rooms where okay, they serve their purpose flat screen TV, a/c, mini fridge, and microwave. The ladies in the office where very helpful and nice. Maid service could have been better. She left our garbage cans full, no new toiletries but she did leave us towels. So I went across the street to get more toilet paper. The only other downside is parking. Its very limited. If you can find a single spot take it and keep it otherwise you have to park behind someone and give the office your car keys. No pool at this motel but once again the ocean is right there, they do have an outdoor shower though s you can rinse off. The beach has rental shack for chairs and umbrellas but you can easily spend 30-40 a day for 2 chairs and a umbrella so if you can bring your own. But on the plus side you don't have to worry about carrying anything. Its a fun time and a decent motel take a chance the way I looked at it was its a place to sleep that's it, after reading all the bad reviews here.

• Stayed June 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I don't know where anyone else that has reviewed this hotel stayed at, but it deffinetly wasn't the Nova. It was awful, dirty, smelly, ac didn't work, staff was rude, and the shower was cold. Seriously one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Only positive was its location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

we stayed on the Nova side...the room was small and older..but the price was reasonable and the room was clean...the location was great!!! thanks for allowing pets Mo had a great time too!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

My mother and I stayed at the Dawn & Nova Motel for a 4-day summer beach getaway. I've stayed at Wildwood and Jersey shore motels before, and I know that the lodging conditions there are a lot lower in standard. This place is actually 2 motels combined, under 1 management office. It looks like the Dawn side took over and bought out the Nova side. The Dawn side is on a corner, and the rooms face the street. The Nova side however, is crammed between the Dawn and another motel, with no views of anything. We were un-lucky enough to get a room on the Nova side. It's older, while the Dawn side looked like it was refurbished at one point. The room keys are old-fashioned keys, however each room had 2 keys. But when they gave us the ONLY key for our room, my mom was nervous. She was afraid that even though the key was "lost", she feared that the 2nd key was out there and since it's just us 2 women, she feared for our safety. But the front desk was not accomodating. They would not give us another room, claiming that they were practically booked and that the empty rooms had not been made up by the maid. We had no choice but to stay in our assigned room, with our only key.

The room itself had old carpet, bed sheets that were not 100% clean (some old stains), a slightly leaking faucet in the bathroom, no alarm clock, and a dead bolt that didn't lock at all. Pets are allowed on the Nova side only. There's a chair in the room that we had to step up on to adjust the AC because the AC unit was too high on the wall. There is a refrigerator and a microwave, however the microwave was not plugged in!! We had to put it on the chair and push it into the bathroom to use the outlet in there!!! Ridiculous! The one good thing that happened was that the office DID get our water fixed when we didn't have any hot water on the first morning. The water was fine the rest of the trip. When I go back to Wildwood one day, I would not stay at this motel again. I would try to find one a little more decent.

PROS: Location, location, location!!! The motel is a 1/2 block from the boardwalk and beach. Night time is quiet, no noisy drunken young adults. Refrigerator and microwave. The Dawn side seemed nicer (didn't see inside the rooms).

CONS: Office isn't very accomodating. Nova side rooms have a view of the Dawn building. Rooms could definitely be cleaner.

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Dawn & Nova Motels? Share your experiences!