“Rundown and not very clean” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4010 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Special Rate
2 bedr apt $1400 per week
Ranked #15 of 77 hotels in Wildwood
“Rundown and not very clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

A good location and family friendly, but definitely some issues with the room. Carpet was dirty and constantly damp- made the room smell like musty wet dog. There was mold all along the walls near the ceiling and a dead bug was splattered on the window that was never cleaned. Bathroom fixtures rusty/generally outdated and rundown. At least the bed linens and towels seemed clean. Maybe it's better than other motels in the area, but how Hotwire can give this place 3 stars I have no idea.

• Stayed August 2012

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
oceantownship
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have been staying in this place for years. The owner and his manager are the reason this place is so wonderful. Their staff is loyal, because these guys run a great ship. I stay here because they care about the Family market. I have a handicapp son who they can not do enough for, and they cater to their returning customers. The most important thing to look for is when staying at the NJ shore is how the owners of these hotels pack in their clientel.....Daytona Motor Inn does not allow garbage to rent their unitis....they keep it on level that most of us family middle class with kids would want to be around people like ourselves. Another words PARTY ANIMALS AND SLOBS ARE NOT WELCOME. lol Hey! the place is not like our homes folks, but its clean its bug free, and the owners care about us as renters...If you want more then that don't come to rent at the shore. In my oppinion Cant beat this place and I have been coming to wildwood for the past 18 years with my son..I have stayed in some pretty horrible hotels down here and when I met Daytona People...I knew right from the word hello in the office we would be here every year for now on...BIG PLUS! THEY ARE ITALIAN. and so am I.

Room Tip: I stay in the delux suite always ground floor
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Not sure what is wrong with the folks who have had issues with the office. We arrived after 11p.m., called the number on the door to the front desk and the guy showed up within 2 minutes, checkin was quick, absolutely no problems. Wildwood Rental Supply had shown up earlier in the day and dropped off our stuff but apparently left it all out in the front without bringing it up to the room on the second floor, the hotel staff had brought it all up and it was in the room when we got there.

Room was dated but clean. Based on the outside appearances the hotel is definetly near the top of places in Wildwood where you just have to adjust your expectations a bit. We had the 1br suite with the two queen beds in the back room and it fit two adults and two todlers just fine. Not huge, but you're not really going to Wildwood to spend time in your hotel so it was plenty for us. Hotel was definetly family freindly, has two pools neither of which is very big but neither of which was very crowded most of the time. They have quiet hours from 10 to 10 and we never had any issue with noise or people partying outside. The kitchenette included a two burner stovetop, microwave, toaster, full size and mini coffee makers and basic plates and stuff.

Hotel was two blocks from the boardwalk, straight back from Adventure Pier. Booze shop and a Rite Aid are just down the street so are convenient. Parking is easy and you are out in open spaces, not doubled up underneath the building like at some of the other nearby hotels.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We got a great deal on a small room with one queen sized bed! This was perfect for our small family. The room came equipped with a mini-fridge and microwave. The room and grounds were clean and the pool was great! Location is great--a block to the beach and boardwalk. There are also tables, chairs and grills for guest use. We really enjoyed it here and it was great value for the money we spent.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We are at the end of our stay and there was absolutely nothing to complain about. The service was awesome, the location could not be better. Walking distance for food. The liquor store is right across the street. The walk from the hotel to the beach you don't even need to bring a cooler with you. We walked to the hotel for lunch everyday. It could use an upgrade but who cares because all you do is sleep and eat there. The water stop to fill the tub for a bath broke but they came to fix it within 5 minutes. All in all I will not ever look to stay anywhere else but here at the Daytona Inn.

• Stayed August 2012
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My friends and I booked two rooms at this hotel months in advance to our trip. When we arrived we immediately knew something was wrong. The "owner", who only proved his identification by holding up his limp wrist to show us his $2000 dollar watch, informed us that there were zero vacant rooms. We then kindly informed him that we had already booked a room. Without asking for our information he immediately asked us if everyone was at least 25 years old. We told him that the owner of the credit card which was used was 25 but some of the other guest were not. He appeared to be relieved to tell us that we could not have the rooms any longer because we were not all of age. He said,"You should have called and asked if everyone needed to be 25 or older!" What?! Since when? How were we supposed to know to ask this? Whatever...moving on.

We explain that we have 4 people that are of age, and have i.d. to prove this, and would still like one of the rooms. He then tells us that he doesn't have any rooms available. When I asked about the two rooms that should now clearly be available, he simply looks at my friend, whose credit card was being used, and said, "are you going to listen to this joker or do you want a refund? If you listen to this joker then you are walking out of here with nothing. I am being a nice guy here. I could just tell you to get out. Instead, I am willing to refund you the cost of the two rooms. You are lucky."

I kept my mouth shut, let my friend get his refund, and then asked to speak to the manager. He said he was the manager. So I asked to speak to the owner. He said he was the owner. I said I wanted to see some identification proving this fact. He then held up his hand, displaying what appeared to be a $35 watch and replied, "see this $2000 watch? Still don't think I am the owner?" I said sadly, no, I am not convinced. Just then one of his non-english speaking employees walks in and he tells her, to tell me, who the owner is. She stares at him cluelessly. He then says who tells you what to do? She stares at him some more- still has know idea what he is saying. He then repeats this while pointing at himself. She laughs and points at him too. He turns to me and says, "see, what did I tell ya?!"

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

A nice surprise. Clean room, clean bathroom, soft white towel, courteous manager, 2 blocks to beach. Although room is small, but it is expected at all motels around here. Quiet, no loud guests. We will be back

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Daytona Inn? Share your experiences!