“Perfect for family!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Tripadvisor Award Winner!
Ranked #16 of 77 hotels in Wildwood
“Perfect for family!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We are at the end of our stay and there was absolutely nothing to complain about. The service was awesome, the location could not be better. Walking distance for food. The liquor store is right across the street. The walk from the hotel to the beach you don't even need to bring a cooler with you. We walked to the hotel for lunch everyday. It could use an upgrade but who cares because all you do is sleep and eat there. The water stop to fill the tub for a bath broke but they came to fix it within 5 minutes. All in all I will not ever look to stay anywhere else but here at the Daytona Inn.

• Stayed August 2012

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My friends and I booked two rooms at this hotel months in advance to our trip. When we arrived we immediately knew something was wrong. The "owner", who only proved his identification by holding up his limp wrist to show us his $2000 dollar watch, informed us that there were zero vacant rooms. We then kindly informed him that we had already booked a room. Without asking for our information he immediately asked us if everyone was at least 25 years old. We told him that the owner of the credit card which was used was 25 but some of the other guest were not. He appeared to be relieved to tell us that we could not have the rooms any longer because we were not all of age. He said,"You should have called and asked if everyone needed to be 25 or older!" What?! Since when? How were we supposed to know to ask this? Whatever...moving on.

We explain that we have 4 people that are of age, and have i.d. to prove this, and would still like one of the rooms. He then tells us that he doesn't have any rooms available. When I asked about the two rooms that should now clearly be available, he simply looks at my friend, whose credit card was being used, and said, "are you going to listen to this joker or do you want a refund? If you listen to this joker then you are walking out of here with nothing. I am being a nice guy here. I could just tell you to get out. Instead, I am willing to refund you the cost of the two rooms. You are lucky."

I kept my mouth shut, let my friend get his refund, and then asked to speak to the manager. He said he was the manager. So I asked to speak to the owner. He said he was the owner. I said I wanted to see some identification proving this fact. He then held up his hand, displaying what appeared to be a $35 watch and replied, "see this $2000 watch? Still don't think I am the owner?" I said sadly, no, I am not convinced. Just then one of his non-english speaking employees walks in and he tells her, to tell me, who the owner is. She stares at him cluelessly. He then says who tells you what to do? She stares at him some more- still has know idea what he is saying. He then repeats this while pointing at himself. She laughs and points at him too. He turns to me and says, "see, what did I tell ya?!"

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

A nice surprise. Clean room, clean bathroom, soft white towel, courteous manager, 2 blocks to beach. Although room is small, but it is expected at all motels around here. Quiet, no loud guests. We will be back

• Stayed July 2012
Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We rented the 2 bedroom apartment with a kitchen. My children are high school age so we thought having a little more room would be helpful. I didn't get a chance to see any of the other rooms, but this was the family apartment style, so I assumed it was the biggest. The apartment was very small for two teenagers and two adults! We had to maneuver around each other in the bedrooms and had to move a table in the living room in order to pull out the couch to sleep. There was NO room in the living room once the bed was pulled out! Overall, the place was clean and new towels and a good straightening could be done daily, if the sign was placed on the back doorknob for someone to come in and clean. The backyard was nice and had a grill. I was surprised there was not a phone in the apartment. Most people do have cell phones, but I thought this would be "must" in motel rooms for safety reasons. A little TLC (fixing broken blinds, a good scrub on the area rugs) and a little more color (all the walls were white) would make the place a little more "at home".

The employees were helpful and it was easy access to the beach and boardwalk. They answered any questions we had about the place. A laminated paper in the room was nice about additional things (ice, hose to rinse off, etc.) The boardwalk was about 1/3 mile from our place and another 1/3 mile from the boarwalk to the water - the beach is extremely wide!! We did A LOT of walking during the week, but the weather was nice and it felt good!

Wildwood is a place with many older style motels and buildings. If this is what you like, this should work well for you. Overall, I enjoyed Wildwood, and we all loved the boardwalk! I think if I go back, I may look into North Wildwood, Wildwood Crest or Cape May. I'm going to stick with "newer" places next time. Not sure if we can get to the boardwalk and beach as easily in these places, so I may need to do some investigating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Taneytown, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We rented the 2 bed suite w a kitchen. What we got was a 12'x30 efficiency with an 8ft ceiling. Outdated furniture, appliances, large bulky tv, stained chairs and ratty, stained mattress pad. Our bed was located directly next to the refrigerator, all the faucets were stained or rusted and the carpet screaming to be replaced. We paid $239 a night from Expedia and with taxes included it came to $273. beyond that it was super clean as in cracks, floors, bathroom, parking lot and pool area. The manager was friendly and helped me understand my bill. He had great customer service skills. The location is hands down the best feature, only a block from boardwalk where moreys pier is. Overall the motor inn was a dive at its best, but finding better in wildwood would be hard.

• Stayed July 2012
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed two days in late June. The room was very clean and the bathroom was a nice size. The motel is very close to the Boardwalk and everything you need is within walking distance. My son's family stayed in one of the cottages. It accommodated him, his wife and four children nicely. There was also a small area where we all played ball behind the cottage. The facility has many gas grills and two swimming pools. The motel has been well maintained (no ratty pool chairs, broken gates, etc). It brought back many memories of the motor inn courts that I stayed at with my parents when I was a child. I think my grandchildren will have many warm memories of this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Just returned from an overnight at the Daytona. We were pleasantly surprised at how clean the room was. It even smelled nice and fresh. The Daytona is easily within walking distance of the center of Wildwood. The boardwalk is a short 2 block walk as are many restaurants and nightclubs. We arrived in the middle of a 90 degree day and were glad to see that the air conditioner in the room had already been turned on and we were greeted by a nice, cool room. We come to Wildwood every year and usually have to turn the air conditioner on ourselves and wait for the room to cool down. The management was courteous and helpful. The pool looked very clean and inviting although we were not there long enough to make use of it. I would highly recommend the Daytona if you are looking for a clean and convenient place to stay in Wildwood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Daytona Inn? Share your experiences!