“Great Pizza!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jumbo's

Jumbo's
3501 Boardwalk, Wildwood, NJ 08260 (Formerly Jumbo's Boardwalk Grille and Eatery)
609.522.3900
Dining options: Late Night
NJ
“Great Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have been eating at Jumbo's on the boardwalk in Wildwood NJ for many years. The pizza is always consistently good.

Visited July 2014

Germantown, Maryland, United States
“Jersey Shore Food With Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Having a chance to return to the Jersey Shore after many years, I had one main goal in mind: hit the Boardwalk for some good old fashioned Jersey beach food. Located at the entrance to one of Morey's Piers, Jumbo's seemed perfect to fit the bill. After buying the kids enough ride tickets to keep them busy for a while, I settled in to fulfill my wish. One of the few places where you can get an alcoholic beverage on the boardwalk, I decided to splurge and get a margarita. I got traditional and my friend got a strawberry one. Very good but a little pricey ($9 each) so beware of that. I HAD to order a piece of pizza of course. The size of the slice was enormous and SO good, typical Jersey style, thin and cheesy. Another standard is the sausage and peppers: a delicious mess and worth every penny. The atmosphere was nice and gave you a little shelter from the noise of the boardwalk if you eat inside. Plenty of choices to choose from and larger tables are available for big families. Server was very friendly and quick to serve. It may be a while until I return to Wildwood, but when I do, Jumbo's will be on my list to revisit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Rated as a Jersey Shore Boardwalk Eatery, not a Restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Keep this in perspective. Jumbos doesn't pretend to be anything other than a Boardwalk joint-that serves alcohol. When compared to the other typical Boardwalk options of hot dogs, pizza, sausage and peppers, etc. in dated eateries Jumbo's is pretty darn good in both atmosphere and choices. The Lobster/shrimp salad was great. Burgers are good and fish sandwich tasty. If you are celiac or gluten free (which I unfortunately am) you can get fries at Curley's next door and bring them into Jumbos (all owned by Morey's). Jumbos has evolved over the years to now have a bar in the back which is fun. Its a "come as you are" type of place so no need to wear anything other than beach/boardwalk attire. Beware though this is the Jersey Shore where everything will cost a premium and Jumbos is no exception. It's a great atmosphere without the expensive restaurant price though. But the open air dining on the Boardwalk (or even the openness of the dining room itself is great, the food is decent, and we can have a beer (they have hard cider) with our dinner if we should so desire. We make it a point to eat dinner at Jumbos every time we are in Wildwood.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Okay service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Food was average. This place brings out food as it comes out of the kitchen, thus a well cooked burger took a lot longer than everything else. One of us got his food after everyone finished.

Iselin, New Jersey
“Less then average food, kinda pricey!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stopped here for lunch one day on vacation to get a quick bite to eat. Wildwood boardwalk is very strict with alcohol, so if you plan on drinking at Jumbo's you have to sit all the way in the back of restaurant, which isn't to much of a problem, just thought I mention it. When it comes to food and eating out we are not cheap people but you get very little for your money here.The food was average at best. I got a classic BLT on a whole wheat wrap, that came with a bag of chips & a pickle for $9. The wrap came so "empty" it looked like a small taco. Maybe 3 slices of bacon, very little lettuce and seriously one slice of tomato. Oh and the pickle wasn't even on the plate. I expected better for $9. My husband had the fish sandwich for $10 and said it was just "ok" I wouldn't return here any time soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere