“Delicious Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 114 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: I like to thank all of you for the great comments it really means a lot to me and my family i think when you work hard and believe in what you are doing and people recognize it say nice things it makes it all worth while thank you all and god bless you all best always joey m
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went to La Piazza for the first time and enjoyed our meal. The service was excellent! The food was delicious and huge portions. The Chicken Parm that my husband ordered was huge and I had an Eggplant dish...fabulous! The tables are very close together and we were seated with a view of the kitchen & area where the servers congregate. Will go back when we are on vacation next year!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Wildwood, New Jersey
“DINNER WAS AWESOME!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been a regular customer at LaPiazza for about 9 years now. I can't begin to tell you about the wonderful meal I just most recently had there. Chilean Sea Bass with lump crab meat and tomatoes over pasta. Exquisite!!! The bread was a nice loaf of crusty Italian bread along with a salad with a wonderful garlic flavor in the dressing. Also an appetizer of Sicilian calamari was absolutely perfect. This is probably the most consistent restaurant on this island. Just like your logo says where cooking comes from the heart...this meal was definitely created from the heart......Great job Joey, Carol and staff.

Wildwood Crest
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday Crabs and Spaghetti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had dinner here Sunday 8/26/12....Crabs and Spaghetti were awesome as was the Pinot Gregio house wine. They offer the crabs and spaghetti every Sunday along with the regular menu. A must try if you are in Wildwood.
We are locals and love this restaurant.

Lincoln, RI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Went on vacation to Wilwood Crest NJ, I went to this restaurant and it was so good that I went back the next two nights. The service was friendly and the food was simply outstanding.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awful. Overpriced left over food. Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times in the past and even though I always felt it was overpriced, the food was good. This year I went to celebrate my 65th birthday and it was a disaster. If the owner cuts any more corners, the restaurant will disappear. The waiter had absolutely no experience. There was no wine list. They heated a stale loaf ofItalian bread and served it with butter in a paper cup. The mixed matched plates look like they were purchased at a yard sale and to make matters worse, the food was awful. I ordered their signature dish, Sicilian calamari, which I've ordered several times in the past. I was served fried calamari over pasta. The people in my party who ordered chicken dishes were served reheated chicken. Dry and tasteless. It had that reheated left over taste and smell. My daughter asked to have a vegetable steamed for her baby and was told that they didn't have a fresh vegetable in the kitchen. There are many good restaurants in Wildwood, this isn't one of them.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
nonnas2, Manager at La Piazza Cucina, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
If you were in this restaurant, and had an issue, why was it not brought to our attention? It is brought to a spout off? I have been in this business for 40 years. We have broccoli, broccoli di rabe, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, string beans and carrots,and fennel, all fresh, along with salad,romaine and iceberg. You said the food was dry and tasteless, and reheated chicken. That, is truly a slanderous lie! Nothing in my kitchen is reheated, ever, as ALL of my food is made to order. I served fried calamari over pasta,not sicilian; are you sure you didn't order it this way? If this was such a problem, why didn't you get our attention at the restaurant? Or call us if you thought about it and thought we would like to know, the next day , as opposed to going on Trip advisor or any forum? Mix matched plates purchased at a yard sale, not. The mix match is part of the motif, and we are many times complimented on the dish decor.
They heated a stale loaf of Italian bread, FYI, we actually ran out several times, with no extra at night for how busy we were, and our bread is delivered fresh everyday from Atlantic City. Perhaps you don't understand that good Italian bread is crusty. For you to comment that the owner cuts any corners, I don't have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about. Our meats, our pastas, our seafood,our gravy, nothing has changed in quality. For someone who has been in my restaurant several times and felt the food was good, and to have all of these issues, I feel that you didn't get your way on something that night, to come back with all this. I have dined in many places in my time , and if I had a bad experience, I never carried it to this level hiding behind the screen. I went directly to my server, or the management/owner that night and said my peace, especially a place that I frequent, and was never nasty about it. I just feel that this review is someone of anger and vindictive, and I actually feel bad for you.
P.S. Because I do not have my wines listed on a piece of paper, doesn't mean I do not have a stock of wine.