“Not bad.at a good. Portionshave gotten a lot smaller. Atmosphere needs an upgrade. Disappointed with amount of food .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
708 W Burk Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260-1630
+1 609-522-6336
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 127 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Wharf is a family run establishment featuring 2 restaurants under one roof. The Dining Room at The Wharf features a casual upscale dining experience with a complete waterfront view. The menu features all fresh, local seafood and the finest cuts of meats. On the Deck at The Wharf you will find live entertainment daily, a full service waterfront bar and the same fresh food concept as the dining room. The menu on the deck concentrates on fresh seafood and burgers, handmade pizzas, and some of the finest bar fare in the Wildwoods. Lunch specials, happy hour and a fabulous kid's menu make the Wharf the family destination of the Wildwoods.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Have been coming here for years. Food always delicious but portions have gotten smaller, left hungry. Very unusual for this place, years ago.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Came here a few years back and walked out due to service. My husband wanted to give it another try. We got there at 5:40 got a seat out side, asked our server what happy hour drinks were going and SHE replied oh it's over? We had 20 minutes... Ok, I let that go, we had a bite to eat nothing overly impressive. Food was very basic. Had a coupon to take 5.00 off of our dinner and the server once again informed us that is was for only inside dining? NO WHERE did it say this! I kept my mouth shout paid and walked out. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK. Save your money and go to the Boathouse, Beach Creak or Uries. This place is the pits! I just don't get how they can be so ignorant to their customers! Not one person I know has anything good to say about this place who are locals so this speaks for itself!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thomas J, General Manager at The Wharf, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
I am very sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one. Your server should have been more aware of the time that your party arrived and been knowledgeable enough to provide you with a more accurate description of the specials that were going on at that time. I truly apologize and hope that you would consider giving the Wharf another chance. Being a local myself, I will say that we take great pride in being courteous to all of our guests, tourists and locals the same.

I would love the opportunity to make this up to you. If you would consider stopping in the Wharf again this summer, please ask for me upon your arrival and I will make sure you have a more enjoyable experience.
Cape May NJ
“Relaxing happy hour but Unfriendly Bartender”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have been coming to the Wharf for many summers to relax and have a drink at the outside bar. During happy hour the bar is quiet and relaxing. It is small and a perfect place to enjoy happy hour. Later in the evening the dinner crowd arrives and it gets very busy and noisy. This is one of many shore restaurant dock side establishments in Wildwood that you can drive up in your boat dressed in flip flops and bathing suit and enjoy food and drinks at the outside restaurant/bar. There is always a nice breeze and relaxing atmosphere. Unfortunately, on a recent visit we had the most unfriendly bartender. She treated us like we did not matter. Service was terrible! She was busy talking to her friends at the end of the bar. Guess I will be going to a different dock side happy hour with a friendlier bartender. I will still come to eat dinner in the very nice inside restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Crabcake Sandwich a must!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Loved, loved the Crabcake Sandwich, really great rolls with it. Yummy Philly cheesesteaks and chicken cutlet sandwiches. Great bayside atmosphere. Service was nice but unfortunately not very attentive. Still loved it. Take the boat, pull up to the dock and grab a table!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is my first time visiting the wharf and I have to say I did enjoy the food. Everyone was happy with their order and the price wasn't crazy. It's right off the water so the it's a beautiful spot to take pictures. They also had a band and they were ok a little loud when your are trying to talk but not unbearable. I would return to this restaurant again when we vacation next year.

• Visited June 2014