“Cute, clean place, very friendly personable staff and owners” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
westchester county, ny
“Cute, clean place, very friendly personable staff and owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family of 4 ate breakfast here, food was delish, my kids wanted a small order of pancakes, didn't see a kids menu, the waitress said that they could make them 2 Mickey mouse shaped pancakes, my kids were excited about that. I had eggs and home fries, hubby had omelet. Owner comes out to greet his customers and ask how their meals are. Great place would def go again

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
“Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place for breakfast. The service was great and the food was fast and great as well. The only thing is that the coffee cups and silver do not match

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in Wildwood Crest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Mike & Jeanne are so friendly and treat every one like family! The food is very good and fast!! Went morning and night!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laurentides, Quebec, Canada
“good breakfest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

good ffod,no to fancy envirennement,and priced well--------------------------------------------------------------------

Visited July 2011
Somerville, New Jersey
“Genuine, nostalgic Wildwood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We've been going to Wildwood for many years, and our traditional "on the way out" meal is at the Surfside West Diner. They're open 6:30 - 1 (or 1:30) during the summer (hours not on web site; I'm going from memory). The menu includes standard diner fare plus some specialties, including four varieties of their signature "Hangover" which is a big bowl of variety (spinach, egg, home fries, etc.). While tasty, it was incredibly thick and heavy; I'm sure a heartier and/or younger eater would appreciate it more than I did. Portions, while not huge, are reasonable.

I customized my meal (1 yolk, 3 whites) thanks to health issues, and after some initial confusion (perhaps my pre-coffee communication ability?), mission accomplished. The chef came out later to ask me how I liked it; this is not the first time he's done that, and we like this attention to detail.

Service was very good on previous visits; this month's visit required several reminders to get our drinks and our four meals came out in at least 3 separate trips. I'd give the benefit of the doubt this one time given the previous track record. The server was friendly, but I'd rate this visit's service as below average.

It's an old building and the ambiance matches (that's not a bad thing). If you like big, granite bathrooms and high-tech, go elsewhere. If you like genuine nostalgia and clean simplicity, this is your place. Check out the beach-themed mural in the south room. Windows let in a lot of natural light.

On- and off-street parking is available, though tight (just like the rest of Wildwood/Cape May); we never have a problem getting a spot.

Prices were on par with a shore area - figure about $10/adult for breakfast with a beverage. See their site/menu for details. Credit cards accepted (even Discover).

Overall, very good, and we will continue to return. Owners/staff are warm and friendly, and we never feel like we're being rushed. So much of this area is generic, loud, expensive, and tourist-trap; it's nice to get off the beaten path to what appears to be a favorite with the locals.

NOTE: Navteq's database does not include this location, so Garmin and other GPS units may not know about it. It's on the NW corner of Cresse and New Jersey.

• Visited August 2011