“If you like pizza this is the place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
montreal
“If you like pizza this is the place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

This is the place we go for pizza! Everytime we plan on going to Wildwood we think MACK´S PIZZA yummy :). Great pizza for everyone. The only negative thing is the paper plates with very hot pizza for the kids this is not secure. A few of the time we went There some kids touched the VERY HOT PIZZA and got burned. STILL ITS A GREAT PLACE FOR PIZZA :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best pizza and a tradition at the jersey shore.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

This place brings back memories of my family spending our vacation in wildwood and this was a stop we always made. The best pizza at the jersey shore and great service. We ordered a pie and it was on our table in 2 min.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Never Disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Always one of the first meals we get when we go to the crest for vacation. Once again the pizza is as good as always. Service is good and the pie is terrific.

Visited August 2014
“Sam's other half”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Wildwood is known by locals for two pizza places: Sam's and Mack's. Both are amazing in their own ways and both are deserving of 5 star reviews. Franconi's, Joe's, Sorrento's and several other places deserve 4 star honorable mentions, but nobody can touch these two.

Mack's is completely different than Sam's. If it wasn't for the fact that both products are made of (approximately) the same ingredients, you wouldn't even know the two made the same meal. Pizza at Sam's is old school. Mack's, on the other hand, is a middle-school drop out who went on to invent Myspace.

The pizza here is probably the least healthy thing you could ever hope to eat, but that is part of majesty of Wildwood, NJ. The crust/dough is incredibly thin and the pizza will fall apart if you try to pick it up without folding it. The cheese isn't 100% mozzarella (and I don't say that in a bad way) and it is INCREDIBLY greasy. Some people adore this, some hate it. I've overheard many (and I mean many) people ask for extra grease on their pizza. That may be gross to some, but all should taken comfort in knowing that the grease is nothing more than the whey melting out of the very high milk-fat cheese they make their pizzas with.

They give you one paper plate, which is kind of a running joke on the island, and their tables always get destroyed by their own grease. If you take it home, make sure you wipe the table afterwards. It's officially a felony to pat-down this pizza, so don't try to be healthy-ish by degreasing it. It won't happen. You will be laughed at.

I don't like Mack's more than Sam's and I need to be in the right mood for it, but I cannot refer to it as anything other than excellent. If you visit the island, you need to try both (and review on TA!) to decide for yourself!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Best pizza on the boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I come here every year when I'm on vacation. The pizza is excellent. I gave it 4 stars because they don't offer free refills; I don't think it was always like this. The cups are now smaller. Also there are signs all over the walls asking for tips which I don't mind, but the servers don't come around. They come and take your order bring your drinks then the pizza and then collect the bill. They don't check up on you at all. If you want a better tip, provide better service. I needed a fork and knife to cut the pizza for my daughter and I waited and waited for the server to come over. She never did. I had to get up myself and find the utensils.