“Great food & service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cattle 'n Clover is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 126 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Irish, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Spicer Ave.
Description: Steakhouse with an Irish Soul...
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend & I had dinner here tonight after trying to sit at Dogtooth. There was a 1/2 hour wait for dinner there (Dogtooth) and the bar was super packed at 8PM on a Sat (as it should be). I had heard about this newer restaurant and thought we'd give it a go. We weren't disapppointed.

The restaurant was only half full and the bar was about a third full, but it looked enticing and had a great ambience and open floor plan upon our arrival. Seating & service were immediate and our waiter was super friendly and quick. He even filled my girlfriend's wine glass 2 more times by bringing the bottle to the table, which she commented was rare and that it prevented him from removing her still ample glass. He was knowledgable of all menu items. We ordered the spinach/artichoke dip app (which was heavy on cream cheese, but was more than tolerable). I ordered the 7 oz. smaller filet and my GF ordered a burger. My entree was exactly what I wanted. It was a small portion, but more than enough & cooked medium rare to perfection, as I requested. Her plate was WAY cheaper but the portion was HUGE. She didn't finish it, but stated that it was phenomenal. She had a few glasses of Pinot Grigio & I opted for their new Goose Island IPA which was great; subtle, yet flavorful & not too filling. The sides are plentiful, yet manageable. I had the tater tots (they're large) and the seasonal veggies which were just 5 asparagus stalks. This is no complaint; the portions were perfect and we weren't overly full upon our departure.

The restaurant has pool tables, a shuffle board table, a ping pong table down the hall and ample seating. This in no way detracts from a more intimate dining experience since the space is quite copious. The bar area is large w/ many large screen TVs w/ all the sports you may desire. I've traveled all over including the Caribbean, Central America & Europe and this place was quite nice. Wildwood needs more places like this since the Jersey Coast in the off season tends to shut down. I'm a Cape May County local and was impressed by this new gem. If experience is indicative of future successful endeavors, count me in. I doubt you'll be disappointed in this newer, local Irish pub & extravagant restaurant in downtown Wildwood.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
“Nice new place on Pacific Ave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a great addition to the Pacific Avenue businesses. The food is excellent. If your Irish you will love the menu. Meat and potatoes, good stuff.

Visited August 2012
Denville, New Jersey
“A snowy night in Wildwood...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

While in Cape May county NJ searching for a house to rent for a week this summer, we stumbled on the Cattle 'n Clover. It was a snowy Friday night and the warm atmosphere of the C'nC cured the chill! It must have been happy hour because the place was filled with locals well into their 50's...or 60's who were having the time of their lives! The pub atmosphere, Irish/Steakhouse menu and great beer selection was awesome! We usually don't like the honky tonk Wildwood vibe, but the Cattle 'n Clover made us feel like we were anywhere but Wildwood. Try the corned beef and cabbage spring rolls! Great stuff!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Irish food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went here with my wife and 8 y/o son, the food was delicious and the Guinness was even better. Nice place with a few pool tables and a buch of TVs for watching sports. The weight staff was very nice and knew the menu well.

• Visited September 2012
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Love the atmosphere! The food was great! The staff was friendly. The location is convenient. Pool tables were fun and in great shape. Love the Irish Music.