“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
Yonkers
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This past labor day weekend I stayed at the Quebec with my family. I was not overly impressed. The location was great, you can't beat being 2 blocks away from the boardwalk. However, the beds were REALLY hard. I mean, like a board. Also, the hotel was very crowded (which we expected), but it seemed to lean toward the seedier side of hotels around Atlantic Ave. On check-in we were charged an extra $40 than what we confirmed the price to be online. This was upsetting since we thought we were paying one price and were then iformed that the hotel adds taxes on check-in, not on confirmation online. The price went from $284 online to $323 at check-in. That's a big jump in price! We also never got maid service while we stayed at the Quebec.
Aside from this, I have to say it was a great spot for kids. It's nice to have a pool and there were barbeque grills poolside. If you are looking for a good location and are not picky, I would say go for it. Otherwise, try another place nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Too good to be true and turned out to be a horrible place...I was looking to get away for this past Labor Day weekend and was very excited to find a great deal at the Calypso Boutique Hotel. I stayed with the same owners before at their main hotel across the street, Quebec. I remembered the Quebec being relatively nice and thought it would be okay to stay at their other hotel, expecting the same quality, WRONG! When we got to our room it was small, dirty, and smelly. They are supposed to be a smoke free hotel but not only did the room and everything in it reek of cigarette smoke, but there were holes cause by cigarette burns all over our comforter. So it smelled gross and was filled with holes. Plus when we slept at night we noticed the sheets kept coming undone. We then discovered that the hotel didn't believe in fitted sheets. Instead the bed was only covered with a top sheet barely tucked into the sides of the bed. And to top it all the bed was very squishy and offered no support at all. If you tried to sit on the edge of the bed you just fell off because the bed would sink in so badly. The small part was forgivable but not the dirtiness of the bathroom, it was disgustingly unclean. The floor was caked in dust and grime, and the sink was barely wiped down. However the worst part was the shower. The shower head was caked in lime, rust, calcium and other white residue. The showers on the beach were much cleaner. The shower floor was stained with dirt and the shower curtain was not only cheap and dirty but it was too short! Since it didn't come down far enough to cover the shower edge, water got everywhere, because oh yeah you couldn't move the shower head either; it was rusted firmly in place. The only thing they had given us to protect from water getting everywhere was a paper bath mat. One that was very thin, ripped when it got wet, and one they did NOT replace in our 3 night stay. Okay, so you get out of the shower and are ready to dry off, right? WRONG once again. The towels were never washed and filled with long curly dark hair. Hair that didn't match mine or my partner's so it was definitely not ours. Then on top of the gross hair filled towels, they never gave us new, clean ones. I requested them but came back to find the same dirty towels on our rack. I know because not only were they still dirty but the washcloth I got a bit of makeup on the first day was put on the towel rack after "maid service". It was so gross that we tried to spend as much time as possible out of our room and tried not to shower. This included spending time on their laughable, splinter ridden "sun-deck". I would have left right away if not Labor Day weekend ad easier to find another room last minute. One thing I can guarantee is I will never stay there again and you would be a complete fool to stay there yourself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
forty fort, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

There were a few bumps in the beginning, but we overall liked this place. It was clean and friendly. Maid service was good. Our room was always clean before 11am. No problems. Very good deal for the price.

Room Tip: First floor is noisy but convenient to parking and boardwalk and beach.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had a great stay at the Quebec with family and friends. Perfect location (1 block from boardwalk), very clean and great and friendly staff. Definitely will go back with the family the next time in Wildwood, NJ

Room Tip: Choose 1 or 2 bedroom suites
Secane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed there recently, my mother, father and myself and we recieved an amazing deal for 3 nights. The hotel itself was fantastic, there was a pool right outside and the beach and boardwalk were right down the street. I cant wait til next year cause I know where I am staying. The manager, Michael Duran was so helpful. He showed us places to go for great food and drinks, all in all he really made our stay one worth remembering. I wont stay anywhere else in wildwood ever again. Thanks again to the staff. The ODonnell's

Room Tip: the room near the pool is the place to be although they all are pretty close so it doesnt matter rea...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my family stayed in their 3br Apt and it was great. We had a ball and will be going back. Every thing was clean the staff was friendy and the service is great.we were just steps from the boardwalk and beach.After spending the day on the beach we went back and sat on the front porch.When I was on the phone with the owner she told me I will love it and i must say I did.I can say I will be back.

Rosemere, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This year was our second stay at the Quebec. It's ideally situated, steps from the boardwalk and from an access to the beach. If you want to minimize travel while you're in Wildwood, you can't ask for more. The staff is friendly and doesn't change alot. The rooms are oldish style but super clean. While we were there, someone was out daily with a paint brush and empty rooms were occupied by renovation staff.
It's a fairly calm place to stay, even though it's usually filled with families and therefore, children. As long as everyone is having fun and is being safe in daytime, all is ok. The staff takes complaints on noise and partying seriously and won't tolerate it.
If you're a return customer, don't forget to mention that as the owner will make sure you don't get the idea of switching hotels... We got excellent deals on the room itself, extra parking and extra people in the room.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are located directly on the pool, fun but can get noisy at times. Leave the AC on...