“A perfect trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Butler, New Jersey
“A perfect trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was a perfect trip! We attended "War at the Shore" recently and stayed at the StarLux. The hotel was immaculate! Cleaner than my own home! It was in walking distance to our venue, the Wildwood Convention Center, and even offered coffee, juice and bagels in the morning, if you wanted to grab something quick on the way to wrestling! We couldn't ask for anything better. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

It's important to remember that this is not a 5 star property. First off no free breakfast.... That was a let down. Not that they didn't tell me ahead of time. I guess that's seasonal. They aim to please which is why I'm giving 3 stars. Free bikes to use, even put in child seats for babies, free laundry washer and dryer (incl detergent), free parking, as well as parking at sister hotel closer to Morey's Piers and free wifi which is not slow. Establishment is only a block away from the boardwalk. Meals are all within walking distance. Beds are comfortable, pillows, blankets and sheets are clean. Towels are surprisingly thick. Rooms are large. I stayed in a suite with 2 queens and a pullout couch. There was a huge refrigerator, dishes, dish detergent and silverware, etc. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Here's my gripe. In such a great establishment, why don't they put in money to fix this place up? Fixtures falling apart. Shower head falling off the wall, as was the toilet paper holder (in fact my toilet paper slid off multiple times onto the floor while I was using it because it was facing down.). There were multiple holes in the wall above that which showed that repair was attempted. Shoddy paint job and repairs were seen in the rooms and everywhere else. No blackout curtains. Unless you're super tired don't even try to take a nap in the bright sunshine or sleep past dawn. Water pressure was super low and coverage was low. I had to keep turning my body for both of my shoulders to be warm (never had to do that in other hotels). Plenty of hot water though. And then there's the outdoor pool. It wasn't filled when we arrived. Too cold to use anyway. They began to fill in water our second day there. I was very surprised and disgusted to see that there was brown gunk on the side of the pool and many dried leaves on the bottom that they didn't clean first before they started filling it in. Honesty are there no standards in cleaning here? The hot tub was constantly being used by adults and children night and day. The water was not clear. I hate to think what kind of bacteria lurks in that cesspool.

So while I enjoyed all the perks and the price was low for my stay, there are far many other places to choose from that place pride, love and care into their establishment than this one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel is located in a great location close to the boardwalk and the beach. Management is great and they were very helpful nj giving free coupons and stuff for the boardwalk. Free breakfast every morning such as bagels, cereal and Danish. Pool was nice and the guest. The only complains were the beds were not to comfy.

• Stayed July 2013
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgable.
The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable which is unusual to me. Most hotels have uncomfortable beds. The bedding itself was quality material.
The only issue I had was parking. But after the first night, iwas able to park in front of the hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel with its retro theme.

Room Tip: Jacquie was really helpful with the room selection , but I am positive that the other staff members...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Plainsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We really liked our stay & would recommend to all..good location & very friendly staff..value for money..definitely a place to stay during the summer...front office was so friendly and helpful to guide us

• Stayed March 2014
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

As a family we sporadically decided to hit Wildwood while it was nice in Feb after all the storms. We usually stay in North Wildwood, but I always loved the sights of this hotel and gave it a shot. So beautiful inside and very roomy. Even in the winter the hot tub was running. They even have board game rentals which helped since nothing was opened. We were greeted with kindness and enjoyed our stay. I always check mattresses everywhere and they looked very new and they provide samples of soap, shampoos and coffee. I think this will be our off peak spot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Florham Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a great retro hotel just a block from the beach, but it's much more than a beach hotel. The rooms are impeccable and very retro modern, the bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of towels. Cool lava lamps in every room. Lots of amenities and friendly staff.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The StarLux Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!