“late winter stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
philadelphia,pa
“late winter stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My mother,daughter and I had a wonderful stay at the Starlux. the gentleman who works nights, Wayne, was most helpful in our request for an additional night. He went out of his way to accomodate my request so we would not have to switch rooms the next day(Our stay happened to coincide with a large group coming in for a cheerleading competition.) My mother is in her 80's and that moving the next day would have been most inconvenient. I would surely recommend the Starlux to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Green Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night at The StarLux while I was in Wildwood for the Episcopal diocese of NJ's annual convention. The suite was comfortable, the kitchenette had a good size refrigerator and shelves full of dishes and cups. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I did not spend a lot of time at the hotel, but I would definitely consider it for a longer stay in the future. Thanks!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My Fiancee an I had traveled down to Wildwood, NJ., for a 1 night stay at the Star Lux. We just needed to get out of our area. We called a few days earlier to see what they had available, and I had spoken with a gentleman named Wayne. What a sweetheart! He was able to tell me what rooms they had left, what they had in them,/equipped with and how much the prices were. So needing to confer w/my fiancee, we called the next morning and booked our room with a really nice woman named Mary(I believe) and she gave us the info. on our room that we'd be staying in. We stayed in a Suite I believe. It had a queen bed, small kitcheneete, Sofa-bed, big bathroom, nice sized table, all equipped with plates, bowls, spoons, cups, forks, knives, etc. and dish soap. The room had 2 Tvs, a stereo(tape deck n CD) and a desk an 2 sets of drawers. We were able to chill an relax in our room, have dinner, and unwind - We couldn't have asked for a better room ESPECIALLY for the price of our room! Everyone who works at the Star Lux is friendsly, helpful and we just had a really wonderful time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Conveniently located within walking distance of the convention center. Arrived at 9:15am & was cheerfully greeted by Jacqui. She was able to accommodate our early arrival in our 2 bedroom suite. Rooms were spotless, kitchen was well supplied with the necessities & bathroom looked newly renovated. Only there for one cold night -but the room had wonderful heat. Would return again in the summer to try the balcony & the pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a small hotel with a pool and laundry facilities. Breakfast was a little too simple for our taste but sufficient. The style of the fifties space neon lights was very well executed to small details, which we liked very much. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Wifi coverage could be better. Really close to the beaches and boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had not been to Wildwood since I was a child and was looking forward to sharing childhood memories with my children and the Starlux did not disappoint. It was a block from the beach and big WILDWOOD sign and the other way were tons of restaurants to walk to off the boardwalk too. We did not have to drive anywhere. The location was wonderful. The suite met our needs of a family of four. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was great for kids--warm, shallow end, and fun. The discount to the piers and waterparks was great and we had a ball. I wanted to stay longer and wish to return this summer.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the suite with the kitchen to grab breakfast and lunch. There was a nice balcony to enjo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As we stayed recently, in the snow. I can't review the outside amenities. I will say the location is great. No vehicle necessary in the summer if you stay here. Walk to beach, stores, restaurants. The 50's decor is cool, but it can't hide the fact that it's old. They did a good job covering it up but it's still there, it is an old place. I did not have a room with a flat screen, I had an old 32in tv that for some reason randomly changed the channels on its own every once in a while. The air conditioner/heater was an ancient unit under the window that is loud. Really loud. The beds are awful. Tiny and uncomfortable. Walls are paper thin. The place was clean though, and during the summer, to be that close to the beach, I think this hotel would be more than adequate for that alone. The kicker for me was when I went to take a shower and the water ran orange for about 30 seconds before it cleared. Maybe an off season issue? Don't know, but I didn't like it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The StarLux Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!