“Excellent Place for Wildwood!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   305 East Rio Grande Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Place for Wildwood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

First, my review is late. I stayed at the StarLux in early August 2012. This was my first stay in Wildwood since I was a little tyke (which I don't remember a thing from back then). I was pre-warned from fellow Wildwood vacationers that Wildwood was an "old" vacationing place and to expect old, not renovated hotels/motels. Well, i was presently surprised with the StarLux. It has definitely been renovated. Our room was plenty big, super clean and very retro. We had a private baclony where we could see the ocean, which was awesome. Most of the rooms did not have a private balcony. Each morning they have danish and coffee in the lobby area. Hotel is super close to boardwalk and almost everything is in walking distance.
Only suprise was the price. Knowing it was prime time vacationing made sense for a higher price, but i have stayed at an all inclusive elsewhere for less. Non the less, we had an awesome stay! Also HUGE props to their front desk. I forget the woman's name, but she was most helpful and super nice. Thanks StarLux

Room Tip: May want to request a room with private balcony. Otherwise it appears there is non, except for over...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Levittown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

First and foremost, I booked through Priceline which was not received by the hotel. Don't fret, Jaqui took care of our reservation and treated us so well. Thank you Jaqui.

Now, when I compare hotels I look at Disney and the services they provide. So, it is nice to see an attentive staff working hard to make my stay very enjoyable. Not a place where managers are never seen or approachable.

Even in an offseason this staff is working hard! We had an nice continental breakfast.

We had an excellent standard two bedroom motel room and before we left we saw the larger rooms. Oh my! So clean.

There is also a reception like area with tv where the kids can lounge and enjoy their stay. The arcade was nice too.

Room Tip: If you have 5 or more in your family I'd recommend a larger room than the standard size two bedr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CALI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went week after labor day, quiet season.
Rooms were basic, hotel basic but seemed par for the area.

Pros- helpful staff, complimentary dvd's, beach toys, bicycles, great lounge to hang out, location within 3 blocks of 5 restaurants and less than 1 block from boardwalk. about 3 blocks from the start of tacky boardwalk stores. complimentary wifi all over, great pool and whirlpool

Cons- breakfast was bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, thats it, I was told this but didnt believe it... just adding fruit or yogurt or cereal or even just milk would be a good addiition

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I booked a four day package deal with my boyfriend in for a vacation on the shore at Wildwood and we found this hotel through Moreys Piers' website. We arrived and the person at the front desk was friendly and nice. The room was a little small but clean and comfortable. We only spent a few hours in the pool and hot tub because we spent most of our vacation on the boardwalk and enjoying the amusements at the Piers. This is the only place I have stayed at on the shore so I don't have other hotels or resorts to compare it to but I enjoyed our stay. I also like that they have free bike rentals. Every morning we took the bikes out on the boardwalk for a ride and to get some breakfast. It was very refreshing.

Room Tip: Use the bikes! Also ask about the package deal pass for the amusement parks on the piers. I think we...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
mt.kisco,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was truly relieved and wonderfully surprised to find such a very clean welcoming place. We were comfortable immediately and enjoyed greatly the friendliness of our hosts. Although we were there only one night, I will encourage our friends and family to stay at the StarLux.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a great stay during the recent Roar to the Shore! The room was perfect - clean and spacious; the kitchen had all of the amenities that you need; the corner balcony was great for watching the bikes come and go!

Room Tip: Rooms in the "newer" part of the building have private balconies - would highly recommend...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The StarLux Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!