“Best Vacation Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ala Moana Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Ala Moana Resort Motel
5300 Atlantic Avenue, Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #7 of 77 hotels in Wildwood
“Best Vacation Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

My boyfriend and i stayed at the Ala Moana motel last June 2005 and we just made reservations for this June 2006. We were impressed with the motel and its cleanliness. The first time we stayed, we were on the second floor and it was a great peaceful night and there wasnt any water noises from air conditioners as some review read below. It is hard to find a clean motel with friendly people. Patricia and her husband (the owners) were a great deal of help. I celebrated my birthday while i stayed at the motel and Patricia helped my boyfriend find a place that sells birthday cakes and a great place for us to go for dinner. I think we may have visited them every day asking for assistance for finding a great placed to eat or visit. They are truely caring and wonderful people. The staff always has a friendly smile. The bathrooms are extremely clean! The kitchen has pots and pans along with everything else you need. A new wash rag and towel is brought into your kitchen every day. The large pool is so much fun to swim in! The grilling area is so well kept and easy to use. The motel is at a wonderful part of the board walk where you can relax and take a walk and not have to zig zag between people. The beach is very nice and clean. The parking is so close to the rooms it doesnt take long to unpack everything. We were so impressed and we recommend staying at the ala moana motel. The rooms are great deals for the condition they are in. It is a great and relaxing place to stay at. You dont know what your missing if you havent stayed at the Ala Moana Motel!!

• Stayed June 2005

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bordentown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

My boyfriend and I have stayed at Ala Moana a total of 4 times so far and I just made reservations for June of 05 for our first mini vacation of the year. I absolutely love Ala Moana and have recommended it to friends and will continue to recommend it. The parking is very tight, however, everything else, such as how clean the apartments are, the intimacy of the private balconies, the attractive grounds and pool, the great customer service of Patricia, (owner with her husband), and the value for your money, just can't be beat. I look forward to going and staying with them every June. We switched from Heart of Wildwood, which the rooms were too small and no irons in the room, had to go across the street to iron! The rooms there were equal in cost to the apartments in Ala Moana, but you got so much less! Ala Moana is quiet and not too close to the "action" of the boardwalk. I just absolutely love it...go check it out for yourself and you too will love it!!

• Stayed June 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

We were very disappointed with the apartment offered at the Ala Moana. The furniture was shabby, the carpet was awful (sticky), and the beds were very small. There was no phone, and there was not the cable that is advertised (i.e. only basic). The pool was nice, but not nice enough to compensate for the apartment. Also, we could hear every step taken by the residents of the upstairs apartment. Finally, the Wildwood boardwalk pales in comparison to that in Ocean City NJ. If you are looking for a family vacation- go to OC, not Wildwood.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

We stayed at the Ala Moana Hotel in Wildwood NJ for 4th of July weekend. All rooms are efficiency suites, beautiful, clean, large heated pool, game room, great owners, $555 for weekend for two double beds, living room, with pull out hideaway bed, small kitchen. Private Balcony. First time ever at this hotel. Great Great Great. Highly recommedned. IT is one block from beach, at the end of boardwalk, quiet area. Wildwood has a 2 mile long boardwalk, but there is a Tram Car that rides every several minutes all day for $2.00. Can't beat it. Clean beaches, etc. AAAAA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2004

Motel is generally well kept. The house keeping staff work hard and are very curteous. Clean and freshly painted interiors and exterior.
One point.
The 2nd floor appartment units are prone to noise. That is dripping sounds. The source of the noise is water leaking from the air conditioner directly above on the 3rd floor. The water drips at varying intervals down onto the a/c casing on the 2nd floor.

The problem is that the drip is extremely disturbing.
It feels like you are in a metal shed and water drops fall at irregular intervals which keeps the occupant from sleeping. The air conditioner is located in the bedroom directly over the headboard of the bed. After a couple of nites of this it is hard to function normally during the day. Sleep deprevation sort of ruins the vacation.

We did complain and a piece of carpet was placed on the a/c casing. Which does help cut down on the higher pitch of the drip. However, the drip still persists at a lower frequency more like a dull thud.
And water at times leaks inside the bedroom from the a/c unit.
The only relief occurred when the occupants departed the 3rd floor unit above and the a/c was turned off.
Upon asking for compensation we were told by Pat that we must have slept a few minutes. And what do you expect in a motel. To avoid a nasty argument we backed off to avoid any further aggravation.

The bottom line is that others also experienced this noise. The 3rd floor a/c units need to be modified to deflect the water away from the a/c units on the 2nd floor.

Other than the noise factor, the motel is well maintained and comfortable.

Phila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2004

Stayed there recently. When we arrived I noticed that my bedspread was dirty. So, I nicely asked the housekeeper to change the bedspread. In return, she called the owner of the motel - Patricia. Owner started proofing me that the bedspread was clean. So, again I nicely asked her to just change that stinking bedspread. Owner literally started yelling and screaming at me and keep telling me that the spread was clean. The owner turned off my request to change the bedspread and it was never replaced. I had my toddler with me and he was just standing and watching this ‘comedy’. We had very humiliating and nasty experience.
Would never recommend this motel to anybody.

Been to Ala Moana Resort Motel? Share your experiences!