“A pleasant stay in Wildwood NJ” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$100 (USD)
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Wildwood
pa.
“A pleasant stay in Wildwood NJ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here 4 nights on Labor day weekend 2012.We had a very relaxing stay here. The resort is at the edge of Wildwood Crest,which is a bit of a walk from where most of the attractions are,but I look at it as good excercise as we did quite a lot of walking during our visit.The room was very clean and modern,decent sized and had a small kitchenette. .The owner seemed very pleasant and friendly.I liked the fact of having a private balcony as most motels in Wildwood do not have this and was one of the things that sold us on this place as we like alone time sitting out on our balcony at night.Not all of the rooms had a private balcony though. There is a nice little air conditioned game room and a very nice pool. Also,there is an Acme 4 blocks down the street for groceries,and the motel is about a block from the boardwalk.We were pleased with our stay and even though we like to try different motels just to get a feel of whats out there, I'm sure we will stay here again on at least one of our future visits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The best motel in Wildwood....quality/price....excellent...been there for the 5th year...+++ Patricia is from Quebec city and speaking french....Always keeping care of customers...Swimming pool close at 8h00....every room isolated....etc....Love that place....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been going to this Motel for several and I am always so pleased with everything. The room is always very clean and well organized. The staff are all working really hard to make us happy and help us enjoy our stay. The only problem I had was the air conditioning that was making a little bit of noise but after saying it to the owners, they said they'll work on it and they air conditioning are not that way in every room. So if you want a great motel in Wildwood, I really recommend this motel. It is also pretty close to the beach so you don't have to walk a lot to get to the beach. The only thing I would say is that there are always a lot of children in the motel. I have never bothered by it but some people might be.

• Stayed August 2012
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family and I stayed in July Sorry to say we was not allowed to have guest to visit and I was not told that until the day of check in. The rule was told to us as if we were kids. The owner which is the wife wanted to see how many people was with me she also would count the number of people that was entering the room. I can understand that she does not want visitor using the pool etc.. the rules should be post on the website instead of her telling you to your face once you get there as i you are a kid, especially when you paid over $1400.00 to stay there The motel is not handicapped accessible as the elevator does not go all the way to the ground when you get off there is still steps to walk down. Another thing she the woener didn't tell me when I was making reservatons as I made it clear I had someone with me that was handicapped. The motel is far away from the fire workers and rides. We did a lot of walking and I would not stay there AGAIN!!
OH YEAH I witness the owner yelling at some poeple who was inside the pool .. she stated this is her motel and no glass is admitted inside the pool. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Quebec city, Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Alright so if you're looking at Wildwoods accommodations you already know that you shouldn't expect nice modern hotels so I won't comment on the outdated fourniture and duvet cover...

So on with the good stuff:

The motel is about a 5 min walk from the beach but to get to the water you have about another 5 min walk to do since the beach is very wide!

Overall location isn't bad but isn't te best either, there are motels closer to the beach and restaurants

We had the cheapest room and a couple with whom we were traveling had a bigger suite, we all liked ours better. We had a small balcony and a large dining table, nice

The housekeeping staff was very efficient and the property ground were well maintained aswell.

Now the not so good stuff:

When we checked in we've almost been left out because we planned on paying with a credit card (which they state as an available payment mode on their website) and they do have the machine for it

The owner refused to let us pay our balance that way (we had to send a check to pay a depost first... Yes a check in 2012...) so we needed to go to a bank withdraw a lot of money which not only wasted a lot of time but made us pay ridiculous fees...

Theres wifi available on the property but maybe not in your room.. Ours was too far away so we had to go outside! Ridiculous

The pool area closes way early I know it's meant for families but 8PM? Wow.. That also means no access to the lounge chaises.. Pathetic

Also there's absolutely no fun to be had there or no activities whereas we've seen other motels with outdoor music and such way more lively! I guess it depends what you're after...

• Stayed July 2012
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very clean hotel. The hotel is right near the boardwalk end by the convention center. It was set up nice. the full kitchen had utensils and cookware which is nice. The only problem with the room was that the a/c was incredibly loud.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ewing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I called to make a reservation at the last minute and it was one of the only motels willing to accommodate us for one night. Patricia, the front desk clerk, let us use the pool while our room was getting ready. Check in was at 3:00pm but she allowed us to check in at 12:30pm, since we arrived a little early. She personally walked us to our room and showed us where everything was. We had a kitchen, which was fully stocked w/all the items we needed, had we decided to cook. The bed was comfortable and clean, the bathroom was immaculate and the room was very spacious. More like a studio than a motel room. The pool wasn't ever crowded and it was clean as well. The location is ideal because it is w/in walking distance of the boardwalk but very quiet and safe. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple