“A great family motel for those on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

Le Voyageur Motel
232 E. Andrews Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260-4505   |
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
Kingston, Pennsylvania
“A great family motel for those on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Let me start by saying how wonderful the staff and owners were. From the first time I called and spoke to the Lady at the desk I got a good feeling. She was pleasant, informative, and very friendly! And so I booked the room. When we arrived, a bit early, the staff was again helpful & friendly. The motel was cheerful & bright and everything was very clean; the pool & pool area, the rooms everything =) The whole concept was family friendly and this little motel did it! It was close to the beach and the boardwalk (walking distance even with a 5 year old) but far enough away that it was quiet & safe. There is an imposed quiet time as of 1030, which was perfect as there was no loud music or kids running up and down the walkways, thus allowing my son & I to sleep. Just to give you an example of how safe it was; our room was on the 3rd floor facing the pool and when we were at the pool (yes we could see our room) or in our rooms we just kept the front door open, yes wide open =)

My only complaint was that we were in a 2 room suite and the air conditioner was in the back room. So if you closed the door to the back room the person in the front room roasted.

In closing I would definitely recommend this motel. As for us, my son & I will stay here whenever we come back to Wildwood!!! Thank you for a great vacation!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The owners were delightful, attentive, and made our stay... Perfect! Small and charming, very clean... Lots to do within walking distance! Beach, boards, and food all close by, but tucked in on a quiet street. So glad we stayed at their family friendly motel!

Stayed July 2014
Bristol, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

First time at Le Voyageur and was very impressed ! Hotel was very clean from the rooms to the pool area. The staff was both friendly and helpful. The owner Tim is very nice and keeps up with every detail. The hotel is close to the boardwalk but in a nice quiet area. The bedding was perfect, had a great nights sleep away from home. I will be visiting here again.

Room Tip: Hotel is very quiet no matter what floor you are on. There are steps to the upper level so if you ca...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just got back from Wildwood and stayed at Le Voyageur. Great hotel. Very accommodating and family friendly. Helpful office staff and owner. Clean and inviting. We were on the second floor at end unit which gave us some privacy in drying towels and bathing suits at night.
My kids had a great time in the pool too. Great Place all around.

Cranford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here every year as a kid with my family and now bringing my own family! Great location - 2 blocks from the boardwalk but quiet at night. It's clean and well kept, very nice pool and several sun decks, one on which you can grill. So happy to see that the new owner, Tim, is continuing to maintain and upgrade it as the prior owners did. Staff is friendly and many have worked here for years. Appreciated the flat screen TVs and new furniture this visit.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a wonderful stay at Le Voyageur. Tim the owner is very nice and keeps motel very clean. The room was spotless and the staff was friendly. The staff made you feel like you were at home. There is not the loud craziness when passing by other hotels which makes it perfect for families. Only a couple blocks from beach/boardwalk which was nice. Definitely will be coming back next year!

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here first week in July first time with new owners. It is very nice and clean still and staff was very friendly. The only thing is the AC didnt work well enough to cool front room it was very hot in front room during the day. The ac units look newer since last time I stayed here so Im guessing they are lower btus. But other than that the room and outside area were clean and well maintained. Ill stay here again when in Wildwood.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Le Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!