“Family Friendly and Clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Le Voyageur Motel
232 E. Andrews Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260-4505   |
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
York, Pennsylvania
“Family Friendly and Clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have been staying at Le Voyageur Motel since I was born. When it changed hands I wasn't sure how it would be. IT IS STILL GREAT!!! Everything is so clean and the owner and staff are super helpful and friendly. I was nothing bu satisfied with my stay. The pool was spotless and the tiles surrounding the pool were clean as well. The pool deck was clean and the stairs leading up to the rooms were clean. In the room, there was some newer furniture and it made the room look a little larger than before, We had enough towels for every one to shower with and the beds were made every day. They change sheets half way through your stay as well. There was kid friendly music playing during the day from about 9 or 10 am until the pool closed at 7 or 7:30 pm. There were 2 grills available to use that were clean and there were 5 tables set up with umbrellas for families to gather at to each, chat, or play games. There is also coffee or hot tea available for guests in the morning. We stayed past checkout on the last day and the motel offers a courtesy room for families to shower in before they headed home.

Room Tip: We stay on the top floor - the third floor- so that we can see the beach and boardwalk from our room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family of 5 fit very well in a "b" unit and we stayed for 6 days! The owner was kind and accommodating, the motel was awesome and our vacation was a tremendous success! The pool was great, the boardwalk was so close. The only cons I had were that the beds were uncomfortable, the pool closed too early and the a/c unit being in the backroom made it difficult to find a comfortable temp in the main room. I don't see how else the a/c would work unless central air was installed but I still wanted to mention it. We will most likely be returning next year and requesting the same room! My children are 13, 11 and 7. They haven't stopped talking about the motel and the vacation in general!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at levoyager ... We have been to wildwood the past few years and this was by far the best motel... Staff was very friendly and helpful...more importantly to me it was very very clean

• Stayed July 2013
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Le Voyageur Motel. We were a group of 2 adults, 2 teen girls aged 16 & an 8 year old boy. We got the same "Type C" Efficiency room that we had last year. We visited from Friday, July 12 - Monday, July 15.

My overall experience was great with this property once again. Grace Krause, the host & former owner, easily checked us in Friday afternoon and offered friendly and professional advice. She is very much the ultimate businesswoman! My interactions throughout the weekend with both Tim, the owner and Amy, who manned the front desk when I was in the office a couple of times, were friendly, easy and informational.

Amy made a recommendation for dinner that proved to be fabulous. I had asked her for a place to have a great salad and she really knew her stuff!

Tim was pleasant as always and tries very hard to be accommodating.

One of the things I especially like is that this is a family motel. Families stay here and loud partying and drinking late night does not happen. Quiet time begins at 10:30 PM so everyone can relax and enjoy their evening.

The excellent location of this motel is a definite advantage. There are many restaurants & places to walk to within an easy walk. Uncle Bill's Pancake House is right around the corner. We had fabulous breakfasts there each morning of our stay. You can walk 3 blocks and be at the Boardwalk & Convention Center. Le Voyageur is in a quieter area at night so it is quite pleasant not to have lots of loud partying and drinking going on around the motel area.

The pool was sparkling clean as before and we loved it & used it as much as possible. Our room was also clean and exactly as expected. Everything was as it should be. The bathroom was very clean which is one of the main reasons I returned again. Cleanliness of the room and bathroom areas are very important to me!

The only downside is that there is only 1 air conditioning unit in the 2 rooms. If you sleep in the back room with the queen & twin bed, you stay cool. The front room doesn't really get that cool even with the door to the back bedroom left open. The AC unit is very old & quite noisy so sometimes we left it off because it was so loud. Since it was pretty hot during our stay, the 2 teens in the front room definitely were not as comfortable as we were sleeping & staying in the back room with the AC.

Despite the AC situation, We will definitely return in 2014!

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor are adjacent to the pool. Great for the kids to pop out of the room & into...
north brunswick nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my hubby stayed there in July 2013, we had never been there before. We were told my another motel that this would be a very nice place to stay,and it was.Our room was very nice,the bed was firm,and the pool was beautiful.Tim and grace were very cordial,we will stay there next year if the place is run by grace and tim. P.s good job tim&grace Josie l

Room Tip: Le voyageur motel is clean and I would recommend anyone to stay there, not to expensive and tim and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
North Wildwood, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family has been staying here for over 30 years. I think all of us "long timers" can agree that it will never have the exact feel that it did when Dennis & Grace owned it, but I must admit that overall, not much has changed. All of the motel help is the same hard working, familiar, friendly faces. The pool was cleaned at least once during the week we stayed. The rooms are still immaculate. There is even "new" (gently used) furniture in the rooms. Palm trees were added to the outside of the motel around the pool & decks...really adding to the outside appeal of the place. The pool seemed a much better temperature than last year...not as cold. Our air conditioner did not work when we arrived, but it was resolved within a half an hour.

My only complaint is that most nights, there wasn't much hot water to shower. It only lasted a few minutes before turning lukewarm.

We all miss Dennis & Grace, but I think we owe it to Tim to give him a chance. He is doing pretty well so far! Aside from not seeing Dennis walk around the property, it really is pretty much the same! I actually own a home on the island, but for 1 week a year, when family visits, we choose to stay at the Le Voyageur Motel....if that doesn't tell you how great of a motel it is, I don't know what will!

Morrisville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently stayed here for the Beach Blast Soccer Competition. The motel was spacious (we had a family of 5), clean and well stocked with towels etc. Tim the owner was very friendly and took time to make sure everything was acceptable to us. The only problem we had was our air conditioner stopped working. But it was taken care of immediately! The boardwalk was close enough to walk to. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Le Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!