“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

232 E. Andrews Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260-4505   |
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Wildwood
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Been staying at LeVoyageur the past couple years. Dennis and Grace were very accommodating to our needs, however the furniture in this hotel needed updating.

We came to the hotel this past April to be pleasantly surprised. The new owners have changed the drapes, and furniture ( second hand furniture, but nicer and newer) and I believe there are brand new mattresses in all the rooms. Flat screened TVs etc..

Thank you Tim for showing that you care and adding charm to this little hotel.

• Stayed April 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pennsauken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We also stayed there for the 2013 Special Olympics. I agree, with the previous review - this place was clean and roomy. We had a type b room - two bedrooms. There was a tv in each room which made it convenient for the "adults" to watch a movie in one room and the kids something else in their room. The cons: the light from outside seeped in during the night through the small glass window above the door and the air conditioner/heat was in the far room so we had to keep the door open during the night so the other room could receive the air/heat being put out from the far room. Other than that, no complaints. Tim, the owner was very accommodating. He even returned to the room to do a thorough sweep of the room when I called and told him my toddler had left his ipod touch somewhere in there. He found it and met me at the entrance to return it! - Thank you Tim!!!! :) I definitely would reccommend this place and plan to return during the summer. It's exactly one block from the boardwalk and convention Center...couldn't ask for more!. ;) Happy Camper - Melissa U.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
teddyjr, Owner at Le Voyageur Motel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
hi Melissa,
sorry for inconvenience that you have got from outside light seeped through at night. it happened because of faulty timer that supposed to turn off lights in walkway and turn on lights by steps after 11:00 pm.I have fixed that problem, so next time you visit us you will not have this problem.
tim.
Perth Amboy, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The family and I visited Wildwood for the 2013 Special Olympics at the convention center. Being early in the season not many motels were open. Luckily we found Le Voyageur. The room was clean and roomy. The entire property was very nice, and the owner Tim made us feel like family. Good location; the boardwalk was only a block away. And I have to admit, the complimentary coffee was excellent too!

Thank you Tim for a great time. We will be back this summer!

Room Tip: Room was clean and roomy. We had a larger room with separate bedroom; kids slept in the main area b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I have been coming to The Le Voyageur Motel since our oldest was 6 months old(he is now 14 1/2 ). Dennis and Grace have always exceeded our expectations when it comes to hotel managers/owners. They know our family by name, including our kids. Grace has always been friendly, helpful, and courteous. How many people do you know ask you how your drive was?

We normally stay at the house when we stay at the motel. Our family travels in a group of 7, and we enjoy being together in one area. The kitchen in the house is awesome. We don't do any cooking while we are on vacation, but the kitchen is always clean and inviting. There is a large table where we sit and eat during the day, and the kids play board games in the afternoons. There is plenty of closet space, and the bathroom is always clean. One of the things I have to praise is that there is always an appropriate amount of towels available for the number of guests. We have been to other motels where they only leave 4 towels for a party of 7. That never happens here.

The pool is always clean, and a very pleasant place to hang out. I do have to agree with a previous commenter that the modern music that is being played is not relaxing. Sometimes the music is inappropriate for younger children. I do hope that the new owner, Tim, will keep that in mind, and return to the family-friendly 50's music that the motel is known for. That is what keeps people coming back to the motel year after year. If something works, please don't change it.

The housekeeping staff is efficient, and the rooms and bathrooms are always neat and clean.

All in all, the motel is a great place to stay. I do hope that the new owner makes more of an effort to keep it the kid-friendly and family centered motel that Dennis and Grace built. That is the motel lifestyle that my family and I always say makes the Le Voyageur the place to be.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 5 days in 2012, it was really quietness, clean and excellence service with client. The pool was always clean. A really quietness place not too big. We really enjoy our stay and we are plannig to go back this year. Very good location for the boardwalk!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed last year in June with my husband and 15 month old. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are so clean you could eat off the floor! The pool is sparkling clean and warm! The guests are happy and it feels like a family atmosphere!I will definitely be back this summer! We had a great time and my son loved the kiddie area of the pool ! I am bringing my sister and in laws this year and I know they will love it!

• Stayed June 2012
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at Voyageur in late Aug. with group of 40. I have be staying at the hotel for the last 10 years. Tim, the new owner keeps the place as clean as the previous owners did. Tim makes you feel like family. same help . great place to stay in the Wildwoods.

Room Tip: all rooms are clean, rooms to fix different size families
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Le Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!