“LOVE the Le Voyageur” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 77 hotels in Wildwood
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“LOVE the Le Voyageur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have be staying at the LeVoyageur since I was a child. I now go there every summer with my husband and my son. We love it there. When Grace told us 2 years ago that the hotel was for sale my husband & I were a little sad, to say the least. We have always looked forward to seeing Dennis & Grace every summer. So, when we showed up this year and walked in the office to check in, we knew that they had sold. We are very happy for Dennis & Grace as it is time for them to relax and enjoy thier lives. The selfish side of us doesn't want them to go. We met Tim, the new owner and he welcomed us. We were there for 10 days and I must say, he made us feel "At Home" like Dennis & Grace did. He interacted with us very frequently. Rooms are still as clean as ever. It won't be the same without Dennis & Grace there but as long as things stay the same we will continue to return to the LeVoyageur.

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for many years. The Le Voyageur Motel is clean and a nice motel to stay at. The management is very nice too. Tim is the new owner and it was ran the way the previous owners Dennis and Grace ran it. Tim remembered us from when we were down in April. We go down usually the last weekend of September or the first weekend of October with at least 6 other people if not more and they always acommadate us and are very friendly. It is a family oriented place and i would recommend it to anyone that would reasonable rates and friendly atmosphere good management and clean place

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Pennsauken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a great weekend stay while at the Italian festival in Wildwood Location was great, Cleanliness great Owner great personality Maids very friendly. We go to many of the weekend events in Wildwood and will be staying Here from now on. Looking forward to spending some summer season time here also bringing the family. Walking distance to Restaurants, stores, Boardwalk, Convention center, Beach. The Car stayed Parked all weekend. Rooms had all you could need refriderator microwave stove table chairs sofa several TV's etc. etc. etc. Coffee & newspaper in the morning to get your day started on a positive note Soda available all day in hospitality room Sun Deck & Bar-BQ for your convenience if desired wonderful Place to Stay

Joe & Ann Taylor

Room Tip: I was in about 8 different rooms and all were excellent none of my friend had any problem
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I just stayed this past week from Tuesday thru Friday. The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The rooms are very clean and provided great space for us. The pool and all other outside areas are very clean and inviting. Very centrally located within walking distance to the boardwalk and many great restaurants. We will be back. Thanks Tim and staff.

Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

PROS: Super clean and easy beach/boardwalk access. Also close to all night Rite Aid and a couple of decent eateries. Great pool. AWESOME Parking. Great BBQ facilities and lots of patio space for eating outside.

CONS: The AC unit is mounted in the back bedroom of the kitchen suites, so to keep the front room cool you have to freeze out the back room. Wouldn't have minded if the afternoon poolside music show was omitted from the program, but at least they wrapped it up in the early afternoon.

OVERALL: Great experience, wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norristown Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I just returned from a weekend stay at Le Voyageur in Wildwood and I must say that as a guest who has been staying at this motel since BEFORE Dennis & Grace were owners, the review posted by John M from NY is disturbing,childish and filled with prejudiced innuendos. My whole family and myself will miss Dennis and Grace and on a personal note both of my children and especialy my grand-child will miss both "Aunt Grace and "Uncle Dennis", however the new owner Tim was very accomodating and pleasant and I assume that it was his father who had the free coffee and tea made by 7:00 AM both days we were there was also the same. We stayed in the house which is available to rent for a larger group such as we were 6 adults and 2 children and had zero problems, The house was clean and there is a TV in the main room as well as one in each of the 2 bedrooms as well as the upstairs sleeping accomodations. We went to the boardwalk and within 2 hrs, we came back to beds made, and bathroom replenished with supplies. Fresh dishtowls and wash cloth. I admit that the soap that John complained so passionatly about was small as to fit in your hand. However since I was not hoping to take it with me or use it to bathe with in a tub, it served the purpose for which it was intended, to wash my hands. This weekend was Irish weekend as well as classic car weekend. We have been in Wildwood at this motel for past 7 yrs on this weekend and I can tell you that the town gets a little rowdy especially in the center of town, but the motel was quite quiet. As far as the pool being heated, we swam in the pool on Saturday 22nd of Sept and the water was comfortable. We have been at this motel in May,July and Aug over the years and in Aug when John was there you really do not need the pool heated. The temperatures are warm. I assume that John was expecting a hot tub experience. As far as someone urinating on the street, not a good experience, but this could happen anywhere and I assume that once they were done, they moved on. Now If they urinated on the motel property or on John's door, I can see his point. In summary, the new owner Tim was cordial, accomodating, and eager to help. By the way when we made reservations for this weekend, Tim answered the phone and introduced himself as the owner and was very cordial. We recvd the receipt for our deposit within 5 days of writing the check. As we were leaving, I asked if we could leave our cars parked in the lot as we were going on the boardwalk after we checked out. Tim assured us that there was no problem and they could be parked ther all day if we chose. In summary, we will continue to go to this motel and I am sure that our experience in staying at Le Voyageur will be just as pleasant and rewarding in the years to come as it has been in the past 30 years that we have been going there. Also there is a great little restaurant called Key West on the same block as the motel with excellent breakfast fare and good service. I only hope that John M from NY keeps his word and does not return to this gem of a motel.

Room Tip: I would ask of the availability of the house if you are a larger party, It has a full kitchen as wel...
Herndon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have been coming to the Le Voyageur Motel for the Getaway Weekend Package for the past 15 years. We love this location because the rooms and pool are always spotless mainly due to the dedicated staff and owners. Dennis and Grace (previous owners) always made sure it was a family friendly atmosphere at all times and we feel comfortable that the new owners will carry-on this tradition.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!