“Best Seafood on the Island” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 126 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Best Seafood on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Joe really cares about the product he puts out. Ordered take-out for 8 people; everyone was satisfied with the quality, taste and portion sizes. We found a winner... Thanks Joe for putting out great food and caring about the quality. This is often overlooked in vacation areas.

“Find another place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate here while on vacation based on all the reviews but were disappointed. The atmosphere could use some updating. The prices were high for the amount of food received especially the pasta dishes. We also didn't like the plastic forks and spoons to eat the food served in styrofoam containers! We understood they offer take out but if you're not ordering the food to go and eating in it would be much nicer to eat off of 'real' plates using 'real' silverware especially for the prices. Also didn't like the waitress's response to the drinks available..'yeah they're right there help yourself'. The item they are famous for the lobster roll was just okay...portion very small and way too much garlic... wasn't at all what we were expecting. Too much money for just mediocre food, small portions and dated, poor atmosphere.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
candsshack, Manager at Crab and Seafood Shack, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
My name is Joe and I am the manager of the Crab and Seafood Shack, and I am sorry that your visit with us was not a more pleasant one. The Shack started out as a take out place only some three years age, we only starting serving sit down at our customer's request. If you indeed read the reviews as you have stated you would have read that we served with Styrofoam and plastic ware, why would you have expected something else? As for our prices, they are at least $1 to $2 dollars less, per item,than our competition, I personally set the prices after viewing their menu prices and eating in their establishment, to observe their portion sizes. Our pasta dishes are served with 5-6 ounces of pasta; our shrimp and pasta with 6 U-14 shrimp(the biggest I can get), our clams and mussels are served with a dozen clams or mussels, while our pescatore has 6 clams, 6 mussels, 4 U14 shrimp and 5 ounces of lump crab meat. I believe our prices are moderate and I know our quality is exceptional. Our lobster roll has only a sprinkle of granulated garlic, enough to make it into a garlic roll, there are bits of freshly cooked bacon and at least 4 ounces of ALL lobster meat(at $19. a pound), I am sorry that it was not to your taste, but I must take exception to your description of a small portion and your idea of mediocre food, I know better because I oversee everything that leaves our kitchen and in many cases it is more food that what is called for.

You are right, there is not a lot of atmosphere and it is dated, we are working on that, but I know we give good food and a lot of it. I have also addressed our drink situation with our wait staff. Again, I am sorry that your visit with us was not more pleasurable, that certainly was not our intention.
“Food is excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

1st time to try the place based on tripadvisor reviews. Ordered little neck clams, lobster roll and 1/2 dozen crabs with bay seasoning. Hubby finished off the clams and wished I ordered a dozen crabs...it was NOT enough, the crabmeat was sweet and succulent and the seasoning was just right. Sometimes other places over season the crabs but not this place. The lobster was also sweet and juicy...this lobster roll doesn't have any mayo or any additions, just lobster with some salt and taste of lemon but it was delicious. The place is tiny with just a few tables and with that just a few people who cook and try to man the tables. But with the increased popularity thanks to TripAdvisor the wait for tables could actually be at least 45 min. My tip would be to just call in your order and pick it up. We decided to just order takeout and probably waited 15 min. Since we are staying close by the food was still hot when we got to our place. The staff was nice, just overwhelmed by the number of people arriving. Wished they open for lunch too. They are only open from 4-9pm

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Jersey
“Nothing fancy just really good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We frequent the Wildwoods and found the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. We were not disappointed! The food was great. We had the stuffed flounder and the seafood in a white garlic sauce over pasta. Both were really good and they give you a lot of food. The seafood was very fresh. The owner and his wife are so nice, they come out to talk to everyone, it's like eating at someone's house and after we left we felt like we have known them for years! Can't wait to go back and try the lobster roll. The food is served in take out containers with plastic forks, so if your into fancy plates you may not like that. We are more interested in a great meal for a good price, we got both. It is a must try!

Woodbridge, Canada
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

WE came across this place in our search for a seafood dinner. We are in wildwood on our family vacation from Toronto. This place was amazing. We were four adults and 2 year old and a 3 month old. They accommodated our family and Joe (the owner) came out to introduce himself. From start to finish this was a great experience. Nothing fancy on the inside but the food was top notch. We had the lobster rolls...woke up dreaming about them. The steamed clams (amazing) and a dozen crabs. They were cooked to perfection and the spice was incredible. I truly hope we get to stop in again before we leave. I will be thinking about this food and this place till I return next year! THANK YOU